2016-17 NFL Season Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I love the NFL. The length of time from the Super Bowl to the 1st real games in September is an excruciatingly long wait. But it's almost back. It all starts up a week from Thursday on the 8th. Panthers @ Broncos. Should be a great game.

If I have time I'll try to throw up some predictions before the season starts, and I typically like to bet a parlay or two each week so I can toss those up here too if anyone is interested in seeing how much money I piss away during the season.

My team is the Bengals, but I watch as many games as I can. I've had the NFL Ticket on DTV for about 15 years now and I typically have 3 TVs set up in my family room each Sunday. It's sort of pathetic.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!

M

member 3289

So who do you guys think the Dolphins are gonna play in the Super Bowl this year?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'm also a huge Buckeyes fan so I love me some Zeke. Gonna miss that dude carrying the ball for OSU. Dude is an absolute stud. You guys are gonna love him.

M

member 3289

I really like that Marino kid. I think he's gonna kick some ass with Duper and Clayton.
In all seriousness we have a new coach who looks promising, and we have signed a few really good players.

Hopefully we make the playoffs.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I root for the Browns every year. I think this may be the year of Cleveland.
Hiring Hue was the best move they've made in 10 years. And I am one of the few that thinks everyone gave up on RGIII too quickly. Should be an interesting year, but they are definitely moving in the right direction.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Let's go Niners!

Kaepernick, u have my support bro, i don't give a shit about the american anthem either.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Hiring Hue was the best move they've made in 10 years. And I am one of the few that thinks everyone gave up on RGIII too quickly. Should be an interesting year, but they are definitely moving in the right direction.
I have no clue about any of that, the fact they have sucked ever since they fumbled away 2 AFL championships and Shottenheimer left makes me root for them. Loveable losers untill they win and become more annoying than the Cav or Seahawk fans are.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
My predictions:

AFC Divisional Winners : Patriots, Bengals, Texans, Chiefs
Wild Cards : Jaguars, Steelers

NFC Divisional Winners : Giants, Packers, Panthers, Cardinals
Wild Cards : Seattle, Cowboys

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Week 1 bets

I'm liking
Carolina -3 (@ Denver) * Denver's D is still legit, but they are going to need a QB if they are going to keep this one close.
Miami +11-1/2 (@ Seattle) * Just too many points for an NFL game. I'll probably get burned on this one though.
Pittsburgh -3 (@ Washington) * I'm expecting this one to be pretty high scoring with PIT coming out on top.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Justin Forsett was cut from the Ravens on Saturday. Now they are saying he will be re-signed.

So either the Ravens are playing games with their 53 man roster and IR designations, or they are looking to save some money on a 30 year old running back. Or maybe both. Forsett was due to make $3 million this season.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
And it all starts tonight. God damn I'm so excited. I was in a meeting that was supposed to get out at 5:30 and it didn't end until 7:00. I was getting nervous I might miss kickoff. Haha.

Bold Prediction for tonight's game:
CAR 17
DEN 10

Denver's D keeps it close, but I don't see Denver beating Carolina with a guy who is virtually a rookie at QB.

I dropped $10 on the Under (41). Didn't want anything to do with the points - or the ML for that matter. It wouldn't shock me to see Denver win 10-0. Their D is so ferocious.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
O/U set at 41. Final score of game DEN 21 CAR 20.
It really is amazing how often Vegas nails the score totals.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Den QB Sieman showed he can play. But he also showed that he will make some mistakes.

CJ Anderson looked impressive. 20 carries for 92 yards, 4 receptions for 47. 2 TDs.

And holy shit I forgot how BIG Kelvin Benjamin is. 6'5", 245 lb wide receiver. He had a nice game as well. 91 yards and a TD.

I can't wait for Sunday.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
GAME DAY!!!!

I've been waiting for this day since January 9, 2016. I was in Paul Brown Stadium, and my Bengals had finally won a playoff game - or so I thought. A fumble and 2 idiotic personal foul penalties later, the hated Steelers punched in a FG as time expired to win 18-16. I've never experienced a swing of emotions as drastic as I did at this game.

Burfict is suspended for the 1st 3 games, which are @ NYJ, @ PIT, and NE. Then he's back for a Thursday Night game against MIA.

It sucks he's out for the PIT game, but the Bengals can beat them without him. They have a very deep LB group.

WHO DEY!

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
SUNDAY, SEP. 11
Tampa Bay at Atlanta 1:00 pm
Buffalo at Baltimore 1:00 pm
Chicago at Houston 1:00 pm
Green Bay at Jacksonville 1:00 pm
San Diego at Kansas City 1:00 pm
Oakland at New Orleans 1:00 pm
Cincinnati at N.Y. Jets 1:00 pm
Cleveland at Philadelphia 1:00 pm
Minnesota at Tennessee 1:00 pm

Miami at Seattle 4:05 pm
N.Y. Giants at Dallas 4:25 pm
Detroit at Indianapolis 4:25 pm

New England at Arizona 8:30 pm

MONDAY, SEP. 12
Pittsburgh at Washington 7:10 pm
L.A. Rams at San Francisco 10:20 pm

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
There's even a bit of a nip in the air. It's been in the 90s recently with 90% humidity lately. This morning it's about 60 degrees outside and no humidity at all. Perfect day. It almost smells like football.

Bengals 24 Jets 13

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Tough game for the Bengals. They didn't play their best but still beat a playoff team on the road. I'll take 1-0.

Rest up, Skins! Lay the wood to those f'n Squeelers tomorrow night!

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Shock of the day for me is how well Miami looked. They should have beat SEA in their place and that rarely happens. Solid effort.