General 2019 College Football thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
There will be no season imo
If they do have one, I don’t want to watch an NCAA football game with less than a packed house.....it’s not the same and will kill the atmosphere

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
There will be no season imo
If they do have one, I don’t want to watch an NCAA football game with less than a packed house.....it’s not the same and will kill the atmosphere
disagree on both points
Teams are showing up for practice around the country over the next couple of weeks.
And football with 50% of the stadium is better than no football. Only 30 or so teams are usually 80% full anyway.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Never underestimate the power of money. These schools rely on football to pay for most if not all the other programs. So I won't be surprised if games are as full this year as they were last season.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
for the guys who post here and post over there, pg 393 in the cfb thread is one of the biggest reasons migrated here. forum is full of guys like that. I know he post here but the block function works here.

on topic, kinda: so my boy Fromm got in trouble. said suppressors should be for rich white people only. *head palm*

T_Sauce

Feb 26, 2020
for the guys who post here and post over there, pg 393 in the cfb thread is one of the biggest reasons migrated here. forum is full of guys like that. I know he post here but the block function works here.

on topic, kinda: so my boy Fromm got in trouble. said suppressors should be for rich white people only. *head palm*
Curious to who you're referring to on that page, but yeah that discussion got ugly pretty quick.

And man Fromm has had a rough 12 months. From first round pick to possibly being cut before he ever takes a snap for a poorly worded text.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Curious to who you're referring to on that page, but yeah that discussion got ugly pretty quick.

And man Fromm has had a rough 12 months. From first round pick to possibly being cut before he ever takes a snap for a poorly worded text.
The A&M guy. Always quick to be a dick and insult. Hard to ever have any conversation involving him that doesn't resort to that almost immediately

And lol yeah, Fromm has fallen hard. No idea how he thought that was a good idea with everything going on.

T_Sauce

Feb 26, 2020
The A&M guy. Always quick to be a dick and insult. Hard to ever have any conversation involving him that doesn't resort to that almost immediately

And lol yeah, Fromm has fallen hard. No idea how he thought that was a good idea with everything going on.
Supposedly those texts are from well over a year ago. And that is who I figured you were referring to.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Email announcement from the CEO of IPTAY yesterday - they already announced they will refund ticket cost if we aren't allowed to attend games. Now they are saying they will do the same for IPTAY donations.

"It is our hope that large crowds and a full season will take place in Memorial Stadium this fall. However, University, Athletic Department, ACC, and State officials continue to monitor the current public health climate to ensure the proper decisions are made for the safety of our fans and student-athletes. Currently, our IPTAY team in collaboration with Clemson Athletics is planning for how a canceled or altered football season could affect options regarding donations to IPTAY in 2020. At this time while we do not have all the answers, I do want to inform you that a full refund option and alternate refund options will be available for donations made this year related to the 2020 football season."

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
Awww it’s so cute that Fanboy.... The one who asked me to join up over here btw is taking this approach. Weak sauce Imo. All bc I disliked an article he posted here. Really strange! Sack up shorty and continue dialogue.

And T_Sauce @T_Sauce tell me what I said that was so egregious that Mr. Tattletell needed to bring shit over here? I’ll continue to give it to Kap and notice he didn’t post after bc he knew he was in the wrong. My opinion at least.

Sorry to the others but I’ll defend myself this once. I won’t clutter this thread with estrogen level nonsense like someone.

Last edited:

T_Sauce

Feb 26, 2020
Matrix, I have no issue with you, never have, nothing you have said has ever offended me because I have a pretty f'd up sense of humor and can take a joke. My comment was more about Kap's reply about your son.

On another note, LSU is set to pick up a 2022 QB commit today, Walker Howard from Lafayette, currently ranked as the #5 QB for the class. His addition should solidify the QB room at LSU for a long time.

2020 & 2021- Myles Brennan
2022 & 2023- Max Johnson, son of Brad Johnson
2024 & beyond:
Garrett Nussmeier, son of Doug Nussmeier
Walker Howard, son of former LSU QB Jamie Howard
Eli Holstein or Arch Manning

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
Ok, good deal. Just wanted to make sure you weren’t trying to “cancel” me like fanny. Maybe I’ve been blocked by him over there for awhile. Haven’t seen a post from him in forever at least but I stumbled on this BS and just figured I’d ask someone I deem reasonable.

Don’t take this wrong but it’s funny to see QB’s lining up to play at LSU. Scary honestly. Guess that’s what a Chip and a Burreaux gets you.

T_Sauce

Feb 26, 2020
Ok, good deal. Just wanted to make sure you weren’t trying to “cancel” me like fanny. Maybe I’ve been blocked by him over there for awhile. Haven’t seen a post from him in forever at least but I stumbled on this BS and just figured I’d ask someone I deem reasonable.

Don’t take this wrong but it’s funny to see QB’s lining up to play at LSU. Scary honestly. Guess that’s what a Chip and a Burreaux gets you.
Spread Offense, National Title, Heisman trophy and Louisiana is starting to produce some quality QB and OL prospects. Things are trending in a good direction for the Tigers. And trust me, no one gets the irony of LSU finally having a plan at QB more than I do. Ryan Perriloux and Les Miles set the program back a decade.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I always love this blue chip ratio but it is insane how wide the gap has become in the last 10-15 years. He talks about it on the article but the hoarding of talent is pretty crazy.

Also, did y'all see that former Alabama player, Antonio Alfano, is on his 3rd school? Crazy. Guy was the highest rated recruit in Alabama's #1 class, considered top 150 HS prospect since the creation of rankings, projected to be a top 10 pick coming out of HS. Left Alabama for Colorado, got suspended, and now is at an FCS school I think

T_Sauce

Feb 26, 2020
Still one of my favorite stories, left Bama to be closer to his family in New Jersey, so he transfers to Colorado.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Still one of my favorite stories, left Bama to be closer to his family in New Jersey, so he transfers to Colorado.
and I could be wrong but isn't the FCS school in Kansas? I might be thinking of another player

btw there is a thread on a UGA forum predicting the dream season and the biggest debate is beating LSU in the SECCG or getting a 2nd W over Alabama in the SECCG (in the dream season UGA would beat Alabama in week 3)

I have not posted on that thread but my vote would go towards beating Alabama twice in one season. They cost UGA two national titles in the last 8 seasons

T_Sauce

Feb 26, 2020
Not sure about the FCS school, haven't really kept up with his story past the intial transfer. I would agree with beating Bama twice, LSU and UGA fans don't really hate each other like everyone hates Bama. Plus LSU and UGA have been trading wins back and forth for as long as I can remember. Neither team has had a long stretch of dominating the other, mostly because we don't play each other all that often.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
What’s the general consensus about these college kids (athletes included) wanting to erase history? Tear down statues.. Rewrite fight songs.. lists of demands, etc..

While I agree some things are not perfect the past (a lot of it bad) is what has gotten us to the point we’re at in the US. If all we do is get rid of the history we don’t like aren’t we doomed to repeat it?

COVID really fucked with this country lol. We’re all up in our feels today. Anyway any thoughts?

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
An example of what is happening. A news channel T-shirt is too much these days. Is this real life?

“Free speech for me but not for thee!”

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I am sure there is something out there but I wonder the impact on HS football and Covid will have on CFB in 1, 2, 3, + years