Aldo DOESN'T DESERVE to fight Conor again

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Beating a guy on points that you beat before (also on points) isn't convincing and shouldn't warrant a title shot.

It's like people are forgetting that this happened only 9-10 months ago:

Aldo should have to fight Holloway and maybe even one more top 5 fighter to earn his way back to Conor.

Beating a guy on points that you beat before (also on points) isn't convincing and shouldn't warrant a title shot.

It's like people are forgetting that this happened only 9-10 months ago:

Aldo should have to fight Holloway and maybe even one more top 5 fighter to earn his way back to Conor.
You'd have a solid argument but for the fact that the last fight Conor has had in the division will have been 10 months ago come mid October. With no title defences lined up, it's a bit of a goofy argument.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Conor is the champ. Aldo is interim champion. They fight for the belt.

Idk how anyone could possibly disagree with this notion.

It's crazy That people actually believe that holding a belt and refusing to defend it is ok.

If he doesn't want to fight Aldo. Fine. Vacate the belt.

Why did Conor get a rematch against Nate? He lost to him on short notice?

Liw_LozanoIII

MMASMG fan
Oct 17, 2015
Solid argument.

And people say Conor fans are irrational...
1) he dominated Frankie
2) Frankie was considered to be the best option to fight Conor and Aldo picked him apart, easily.
3) didn't Conor get the same rematch treatment for losing to Diaz
4) I repeat I couldn't disagree more, I don't need to have a 100 word response or do I o_O

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
You'd have a solid argument but for the fact that the last fight Conor has had in the division will have been 10 months ago come mid October. With no title defences lined up, it's a bit of a goofy argument.
if there is no title defense in a year is the belt usually stripped?

M

member 3289

Conor is the champ. Aldo is interim champion. They fight for the belt.
Giving Aldo an interim belt was a huge mistake. He should have had to work his way back by winning 2-3 fights against the top 5 of the division.

He should still have to do such, even with a paper belt around his waist.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Giving Aldo an interim belt was a huge mistake. He should have had to work his way back by winning 2-3 fights against the top 5 of the division.

Your opinion is subjective. The ufc. Felt it fit to create an interim.

Interim champs and real champs fight to unify. This isn't new.

Conor has two options. Defend or vacate.

M

member 3289

Conor has two options. Defend or vacate.
Conor has no fewer than 10 options because he's the UFC's most popular fighter ever.

If Conor wants the Alvarez fight, he won't (and shouldn't) vacate or get stripped.

It makes no sense to talk of past title unification situations because everything Conor is doing for the company has never been done before.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Aldo had longer gaps between title defences.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015

Conor had an interim belt first, after he beat Mendes. Bet you weren't calling it a paper belt then.

And they didn't give Aldo shit. He beat the brakes off Frankie and won it.

M

member 3289

Due to injuries. Can you think of any healthy ufc champion that fought twice while looking to book a third fight. Without any of those fights being title defenses.
Can you think of any healthy UFC champion who has sold over 1.5 million ppv's, TWICE, for non title fights?

M

member 3289

Well that's a perfect reason why Aldo doesn't deserve a shot.
I've already given an air-tight argument as to why Aldo doesn't deserve a rematch.

I'm just trying to make you understand why Conor shouldn't be stripped or forced to vacate.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I've already given an air-tight argument as to why Aldo doesn't deserve a rematch.

I'm just trying to make you understand why Conor shouldn't be stripped or forced to vacate.
So do you believe he should ever have to defend it? I mean he may continue to sell ppv.

M

member 3289

So do you believe he should ever have to defend it? I mean he may continue to sell ppv.
Of course he should, but not now. Aldo and Holloway should fight, and if one or the other wins via KO/TKO or submission, he wins a rematch with Conor. Decision victory and the winner has to win at least one more fight.

I'm comfortable with Conor holding the belt for up to 2 years and fighting at LW while the other featherweights fight for second-best.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Of course he should, but not now. Aldo and Holloway should fight, and if one or the other wins via KO/TKO or submission, he wins a rematch with Conor. Decision victory and the winner has to win at least one more fight.

I'm comfortable with Conor holding the belt for up to 2 years and fighting at LW while the other featherweights fight for second-best.
What if Aldo wins by ko but breaks his hand. Still no title defenses for Conny. What if Aldo beats max then Conny pulls out with in jury next July. Why stop at 2 years? With the usual injurys and contract bs that happens let's make it 4 or 5. The fact that a champion is healthy and taking multiple fights without defending is the issue. I will soon be waiting for the eventual knee surgery that will sideline him for 12 months and your excuses why he should still be champion.

Oct 24, 2015
Vacate belt, or defend it.I don't think he can make 145 again personally but who knows. He got a rematch after getting almost KOed and going for a takedown (basically giving up) and getting choked out. Then the rematch he looks good for the first 2 rds, and runs away in the fight to win by points. Not even at 155 and he is the next at that title while not defending the one he gots? Sounds like he really wants to be mayweather. One can argue that Conor landed a punch and the second fight with Aldo could go different. Cain vs JSD comes to mind, also the Nate vs Conor 2 fight. 2 different results.