Alistair Overeem plans to appeal Jarzinho Rozenstruik loss, retire in 2 years

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
lmao that is not the sort of stoppage that's gonna get overturned but it does further highlight how fucking lame walk-off KO's can be, conning the ref into thinking the fight is over when it clearly isn't.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
It was a total clusterfuck of a stoppage. Big Dan touched Jair as if he was calling it but didn't wave off the fight, but then seemingly looked at Reem's lip and waved off the fight, even though that made no sense because the fight was already over.

It's genuinely hard to figure out what Mirg's thought process even was - why is he touching Jair, getting all up on Reem and shadowing him as he stands up if he hasn't called the fight? And then why call the fight once the fight is already over?

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
lol two more years. this man is insane. how is he still able to think, let alone want to risk further brain injuries against some of the most vicious arseholes on earth.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
It was a total clusterfuck of a stoppage. Big Dan touched Jair as if he was calling it but didn't wave off the fight, but then seemingly looked at Reem's lip and waved off the fight, even though that made no sense because the fight was already over.

It's genuinely hard to figure out what Mirg's thought process even was - why is he touching Jair, getting all up on Reem and shadowing him as he stands up if he hasn't called the fight? And then why call the fight once the fight is already over?

This was a fucked up sequence of events in general, fight was stopped after the fight was over.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He would have made the bell

Rozen was walking away regardless of the Ref

And Reem was far from out or finished

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
He would have made the bell

Rozen was walking away regardless of the Ref

And Reem was far from out or finished
Reem was not 'far from out'. But other than that, yes.

A poster above says that Dan got sucked in by the walkoff - but the bizarre thing is he kind of didn't. It would have been a bad stoppage if he had called it immediately when he touched Jair, but at least it would have been a legitimate bad stoppage. Not immediately getting sucked in and then stopping it after the bell just made it ridiculous.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Reem was not 'far from out'. But other than that, yes.

A poster above says that Dan got sucked in by the walkoff - but the bizarre thing is he kind of didn't. It would have been a bad stoppage if he had called it immediately when he touched Jair, but at least it would have been a legitimate bad stoppage. Not immediately getting sucked in and then stopping it after the bell just made it ridiculous.
Reem's brain restarted when his butt hit the ground is all I am saying
His defense wasn't gonna be great, but Roz had stopped any offense and basically called the fight off on his own LOL.

Really is a pretty bizarre sequence and Dan did get sucked in and off.

Last edited:

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Reem's brain restarted when he his butt hit the ground is all I am saying
His defense wasn't gonna be great, but Roz had stopped any offense and basically called the fight off on his own LOL.

Really is a pretty bizarre sequence and Dan did get sucked in and off.
Yep. I guess the main point is, there's no way you can justify Dan's decision because even he had no idea what the fuck he was thinking or doing at the time.

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
lol two more years. this man is insane. how is he still able to think, let alone want to risk further brain injuries against some of the most vicious arseholes on earth.
I'm not saying getting knocked out is good for career longevity but let me offer you this. He more often gets finished in fairly quick sequences instead of people throwing 100 unanswered punches directly to this brain and hasn't been in 25 minute wars as opposed guys like Gaethje. His losses usually look bad but I definitely can see him fighting for two more years without turning to Chuck Liddell