All Aboard the Gaethje War Train!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I'm on~ Gaethje beats Khabib. Khabib never faced a wrestler like Gaethje and tonight he showed that he could make adjustments
Khabib never faced a wrestler like justin? What does that mean? Are you saying justin's wrestling is a higher caliber than other fighters hes faced? Are you saying justin's anti-wrestling is something khabib hasn't seen? Care to elaborate?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Khabib never faced a wrestler like justin? What does that mean? Are you saying justin's wrestling is a higher caliber than other fighters hes faced? Are you saying justin's anti-wrestling is something khabib hasn't seen? Care to elaborate?
Justin is NCAA div 1.

He doesn't use it. Doesn't mean it ain't there.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
yup Div 1 all-American wrestler is higher level than any of Khabib's former opponents who had a wrestling background

Gaethje can make adjustments to his overall MMA (wrestling)game to make it fit for Khabib's up against the cage chain wrestling style

Gaethje is also more threatning on the feet than Khabib and most likely nullify Khabib's striking, which will make Khabib more one-dimensional on the feet. He'll just look to take Gaethje down, which Gaethje has plenty of experience and skills to slow it down if he has a full camp to prepare

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
yup Div 1 all-American wrestler is higher level than any of Khabib's former opponents who had a wrestling background

Gaethje can make adjustments to his overall MMA (wrestling)game to make it fit for Khabib's up against the cage chain wrestling style

Gaethje is also more threatning on the feet than Khabib and most likely nullify Khabib's striking, which will make Khabib more one-dimensional on the feet. He'll just look to take Gaethje down, which Gaethje has plenty of experience and skills to slow it down if he has a full camp to prepare
Fair enough. I just wanted to see your reasoning. I will add that khabib does train part time at aka, so I don't think a division 1 wrestler would put him out of his element. He has after all been wrestling most of his life, and I think he even won a few medals in combat sambo. He's a tricky puzzle to figure out himself. 28 mma opponents knew what he was going to do, and no one has been able to stop him yet.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Fair enough. I just wanted to see your reasoning. I will add that khabib does train part time at aka, so I don't think a division 1 wrestler would put him out of his element. He has after all been wrestling most of his life, and I think he even won a few medals in combat sambo. He's a tricky puzzle to figure out himself. 28 mma opponents knew what he was going to do, and no one has been able to stop him yet.
for sure. Gaethje knows the challenge ahead of him and he always mentioned that Khabib is the only guy he won't fight without a full camp

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
for sure. Gaethje knows the challenge ahead of him and he always mentioned that Khabib is the only guy he won't fight without a full camp
I don't follow interviews of most fighters, but that is interesting to hear. Plenty of time for a full camp now, since khabib doesn't fight during or after ramadan for a few months. Gives gaethje plenty of time to heal and prepare. I'm guessing September or october.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Khabibs wrestling is crazy. I don't know what standards they compete to in Kazakhstan but he's sure dominated anyone he's fought.

I think Justin will open his secret weapon and be able to counter it. That's not for sure tho, he has been taken down (popped straight back up) but I think if he's expecting the shot he can stifle it.

That leaves a fist fight.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
What fucken word am I looking for here?

Stifle, stuff, sprawl

I feel like my brain is fucking with me

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Stuff be fine.

I have no idea how it will play out but Gaethje is an interesting matchup for Khabib. If that fight ever happens.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
He's made leaps and bounds in his striking defence and fight IQ. Could have a Robbie Lawler esque career trajectory.
yeah he is one of the most improved fighters ever now. I felt his best chance was to bumrush Ferguson and score a 1st round KO and that after the 2nd round he didn't have much of a chance but he had one of the most methodical performances I've seen lately. he also stopped ducking his head as defense in the pocket (think he read my posts about it :D). he did duck a lot of times last night but it was clearly part of a head movement strategy like a bob and weave after a low kick from close range, not simply ducking the head and standing there which made him eat huge uppercuts before.

ducking the head too much is an awful move IMO outside of boxing. The one guy who used to do that the most without paying for it ate a huge knee last night where he basically ducked into the opponent's strike. it may have been a kick that Cruz ducked into before it even completed (haven't seen a replay). even worse is when people lower their head in the clinch. if mma fighters developed a more well rounded clinch game and threw actual hard knees from the clinch people would stop doing that.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
yeah he is one of the most improved fighters ever now. I felt his best chance was to bumrush Ferguson and score a 1st round KO and that after the 2nd round he didn't have much of a chance but he had one of the most methodical performances I've seen lately. he also stopped ducking his head as defense in the pocket (think he read my posts about it :D). he did duck a lot of times last night but it was clearly part of a head movement strategy like a bob and weave after a low kick from close range, not simply ducking the head and standing there which made him eat huge uppercuts before.

ducking the head too much is an awful move IMO outside of boxing. The one guy who used to do that the most without paying for it ate a huge knee last night where he basically ducked into the opponent's strike. it may have been a kick that Cruz ducked into before it even completed (haven't seen a replay). even worse is when people lower their head in the clinch. if mma fighters developed a more well rounded clinch game and threw actual hard knees from the clinch people would stop doing that.
He said he use to not be able to see hardly and fought off feeling.. had surgery and voila! That had a huge hindrance on his movement.. also I know all too well about a deviated septum and only half the air flow.. its card af to scrap with 1 air passage..

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
He said he use to not be able to see hardly and fought off feeling.. had surgery and voila! That had a huge hindrance on his movement.. also I know all too well about a deviated septum and only half the air flow.. its card af to scrap with 1 air passage..
what surgery he had? Eye and nose?

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
He had eye surgery and wanted tony to break his nose so the UFC would have to pay for his nose surgery
lol! that's smart actually. he is most likely one of the smartest fighters around. I'm still marvelled at how he was able to fight methodically against Tony.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
lol! that's smart actually. he is most likely one of the smartest fighters around. I'm still marvelled at how he was able to fight methodically against Tony.
His sociology degree is paying off.. you can tell he's a very educated by the way he puts things into words.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Conor is a sniper not like TF. It wouldn't take long for Conor to bust him up .
Probably would get it done in the 1st .

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I've been on this train since the beginning. Of today. And I'll immediately get off if he is signed to fight Conor, who will beat the shit out of him. And if he's fighting Khabib, I'll be hanging half off the train, ready to claim that I picked whoever wins.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Dang they pulled the symphony of violence video. This guy reposted it and it's longer. Gonna watch now, I reckon it might have the Tony fight in it now.

View: https://youtu.be/_gTYhfXDNlQ

Just watched. Yup it's got the Tony fight. Badass video.

Last edited: