General altCensored: Website Fights Censorship By Hosting Deleted YouTube Videos

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think this is a website we can all support.

A brilliant website is tracking and republishing videos that are being censored by YouTube.

altCensored features videos from across the political spectrum, and many that aren’t political at all, that have been removed by the video streaming giant.

The goal of the website, which was created in 2019, is to “be the reference for YouTube censored content through a community effort across ideological lines” and to “raise awareness of increasing online censorship,” according to a statement provided to Gateway Pundit.

In order to do this, altCensored tracks videos that are placed behind a “limited state” firewall by the platform.

The site has created an “unbiased community catalog,” and the over 40,000 videos that they have ended up with is fascinating.

There is everything from Pamela Geller videos about Muslim rape gangs to conspiracy theories and everything in between. As YouTube has been cracking down on coronavirus content, the site’s catalog now also features an array of interviews with doctors and scientists who have been silenced for daring to question the World Health Organization’s official narratives.

The new Plandemic documentary that was rapidly barred from nearly every social media platform is already one of the top videos on the site.

View: https://twitter.com/altcensored/status/1258367220511641601?s=20

altCensored’s creator told The Gateway Pundit that the videos they curate are not user submitted directly, but it is a community based network and they ask people to submit channels for them to monitor. They are currently monitoring over 5,000 channels for Limited State videos and are proactively archiving more than 1,500 in case of deletion.

When asked what the most interesting video they have found that was censored, they pointed to the most viewed video on their site, “Happy Xmas (War Is Over) John & Yoko Plastic Ono Band Harlem Community Choir (official music video),” which has 20 million views.

Discussing whether or not any truly benign videos are being censored, they said that it happens, and referred us to a video of a maid folding a towel into a swan that was removed for “Hate Speech.”

“World War II and military music content channels were especially affected in June 2019 in big tech’s apparent effort to erase history,” they explained. “A speech by Joseph Stalin, exerted from RT TV, has also been placed in Limited State.”They said that it is “important to remember that YouTube limits access to videos that are neither illegal, nor violate their own Terms and Conditions or Community Guidelines. In effect they break their own rules to eliminate voices they do not like.”

“In August 2017 YouTube updated their ‘commitment to fight terror content online’ by adding NGO´s like the Anti-Defamation League, the No Hate Speech Movement, and the Institute for Strategic Dialogue to focus on ‘Hate Speech,’” altCensored explained. “In June 2019, YouTube broadened their definition of ‘Hate Speech’ and included content ‘denying that well-documented violent events, like the Holocaust or the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, took place.’”

They noted that “Hate Speech” now includes dissenting opinions on immigration, LGBTQ issues, and gender confusion.

Some examples include a video of Muslims attacking Catholics who were leaving Church, a pastor speaking at Arizona State University about homosexuality, a video about transgender bathrooms at Target, and an audio book titled “Coronavirus and Christ.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... be-videos/

Search on 'Wittkowski' found 5 Censored YouTube Videos

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
Plandemic deserved to be removed since it was a thoroughly debunked hoax.

Haven't looked at the others.

Namaste

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

Namaste
Well you've got a ways to go Marty, there's hundreds, if not thousands of them.

Better pack a big lunch and please check back with us when you've been through them all.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
Well you've got a ways to go Marty, there's hundreds, if not thousands of them.

Better pack a big lunch and please check back with us when you've been through them all.
Nah, I'm good.
The highlighted bogus doc was enough to tell me how much support to not give to it.

Namaste

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018

Namaste
No it didn't deserve to be taken down as YouTube is a public utility it's just that we have a government that allows them to act like they are not.

It's unpopular speech that needs protected

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
No it didn't deserve to be taken down as YouTube is a public utility it's just that we have a government that allows them to act like they are not.

It's unpopular speech that needs protected
I'm curious to know why you think youtube is a public utility?

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Because it's the modern version of the public square and is violating antitrust laws but the law is not being enforced
ehhhhhhhhhh
I see it as a private company, private meaning not government owned, and it's not like you have to use facebook to communicate with people. Seems a bit of a stretch imo, but I can see where you are coming from.

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
ehhhhhhhhhh
I see it as a private company, private meaning not government owned, and it's not like you have to use facebook to communicate with people. Seems a bit of a stretch imo, but I can see where you are coming from.
It is a private company just like the electric company is but is forced by law to allow all people on...this is exactly what should happen to the big tech companies.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It is a private company just like the electric company is but is forced by law to allow all people on...this is exactly what should happen to the big tech companies.
ehhhhhh, I don't know if they should be forced to allow everyone, it's not really essential like electricity or water. Sure it's as useful as you make it but its not essential, imo.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
Because it's the modern version of the public square and is violating antitrust laws but the law is not being enforced
Hate to be the one to break it to you friend, but YouTube is wholly owned by Google. There is nothing public about it.

Namaste

Toelocku

Dec 15, 2018
Hate to be the one to break it to you friend, but YouTube is wholly owned by Google. There is nothing public about it.

Namaste
I understand that its a private company but should be regulated as a "public square" which is a point of law meaning it cant ban use of its service to those not breaking the law

T

The Big Guy

First video I come across "muslims enforcing sharia law in london"

WTF is this? Why the fuck is england allowing this disgusting bullshit? I guess when you have a unarmed country and then goverment floods your community with 3rd world terrorists then you have to be harrassed in the cities your forefathers built.

Fucking cuck hypocrite goverment. What if Christian's forced Christian law in a major muslim capital. They would be murdered by adherents to "religion of peace"

They need hundreds of soccer hooligans to go clean out that disgusting neighborhood. Bring back the crusades

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
First video I come across "muslims enforcing sharia law in london"

WTF is this? Why the fuck is england allowing this disgusting bullshit? I guess when you have a unarmed country and then goverment floods your community with 3rd world terrorists then you have to be harrassed in the cities your forefathers built.

Fucking cuck hypocrite goverment. What if Christian's forced Christian law in a major muslim capital. They would be murdered by adherents to "religion of peace"

They need hundreds of soccer hooligans to go clean out that disgusting neighborhood. Bring back the crusades
They're too drunk to do anything about it, it's a sad state of affairs.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
ehhhhhhhhhh
So is the phone company. You want Ma Bell censoring your phone conversations?

Private company :mask:

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So is the phone company. You want Ma Bell censoring your phone conversations?

Private company :mask:
I can see your point, but I disagree that social media is the same. Maybe this is the same argument people had when phones became utilities.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I can see your point, but I disagree that social media is the same. Maybe this is the same argument people had when phones became utilities.
the Tax breaks...aka paying zero taxes while making billions would lead one to think that they are almost a govt operation aka public.

IMO they are basically public and therefore censorship is anti constitutional.

Did you know that Facebook started right after the CIA shut down it's nearly identical program(LifeLog).
It was Department of Defense's LifeLog program january 2004, then in February Facebook began.
A rebrand of a gov data gathering social media operation IMO.

To think the govt has no pull or infiltration of these social media operations is not logical IMO

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
the Tax breaks...aka paying zero taxes while making billions would lead one to think that they are almost a govt operation aka public.

IMO they are basically public and therefore censorship is anti constitutional.

Did you know that Facebook started right after the CIA shut down it's nearly identical program(LifeLog).
It was Department of Defense's LifeLog program january 2004, then in February Facebook began.
A rebrand of a gov data gathering social media operation IMO.

To think the govt has no pull or infiltration of these social media operations is not logical IMO
I never said they didn't have pull or infiltrated it. Does everything the government have pull over become a public utility?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I never said they didn't have pull or infiltrated it. Does everything the government have pull over become a public utility?
No, not necessarily

We are obviously living in a Corporatocracy though so the lines are blurred

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I understand that its a private company but should be regulated as a "public square" which is a point of law meaning it cant ban use of its service to those not breaking the law
This is not what public square means in principle or practice. It's mostly a social construction with some legal protections that have bolstered the idea. The state has strictly limited rights to control who may access the public square, but has always held rights to limit the distribution of certain types of speech or content, particularly when it is potentially harmful to other citizens. As many have said, these are private companies, and while US courts have upheld the right of citizens to access a company's services in many cases (e.g. anti-segregation laws, gay rights, anti-religious discrimination), use of a service is not the same as hosting or distributing content or marketing by anyone for any purpose.

Your idea that big companies that are near ubiquitous should be publicly owned and treated as a utility has appeal on its face. Companies such as YouTube, Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc are infused into so much of our daily lives. But these are global platforms, so which government should regulate them? If it's the one that they have their primary base of operations in, what about the other countries and their users? Who owns those users data and makes decisions about how content can be regulated? What about their legal notions of the public? What happens if a company moves its headquarters elsewhere or, as Facebook recently decided, makes it all virtual? Should an international body like the United Nations have ownership and arbitrage over these services? If so, how do you insulate that process from politicization? How do you manage legal challenges from private citizens as they appear in the International Court of Justice? It took over a decade of debate just to cede some control to international bodies of domain name assignment, so imagine how complex arguments would get over content moderation.

I think it is useful to have an archive of all deleted content, but some content is deleted for copyright violations and some for content violations. How does an archive purport to be comprehensive of everything and not just became a curator of one type of content? What algorithms are guiding how users access information on that site? How do we ensure that the information was actually "censored" and isn't just a conspiracy aggregator? Note that this altcensored site supposedly uses its own pre-filter of accounts it's already tracking to determine what is being removed which suggests that the content is already being carefully curated to only preserve a certain worldview.

We don't spam cock and goatse pics here on TMMAC for a reason, namely because we the users deliberated over what should be acceptable on here some time ago. But if YouTube should be open to everything, this site isn't very different, so I guess let slip the dogs of war.