Sci/Tech Anti-malarial Drugs unsafe for use to treat COVID

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020

As summarized by a very good friend of mine - a doctor on the front lines:

"More evidence against the use of HC in covid -registry data from 671 hospitals, 93,000 total hospitalized patients -14 888 patients were in the treatment groups (1868 received chloroquine, 3783 received chloroquine with a macrolide, 3016 received hydroxychloroquine, and 6221 received hydroxychloroquine with a macrolide Confound adjusted mortality:
  • -9.3% control group
  • -18% HC
  • -23% HC+AZ
  • -19% C -22% C+ AZ
Ventricular arrhythmias
  • -0.3% control
  • -6% HC
  • -8% HC +AZ
  • -4% C
  • -6% C + AZ
The arrhythmia piece seems most telling- one could argue for selection bias as a cause for 2x higher mortality with treatment, but that still doesn't account for 10-25x higher rates of arrhythmia But what could it hurt. . . "

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
"New Study Confirms HCL Safe As Far As We Know"
please mate wtf is your point?

Here is a preliminary list of scientific studies/reports/editorials that suggest that chloroquine is not a safe drug to treat Covid indiscriminately:

it could all change in the next hour and a new study suggest otherwise and eventually chloroquine could be proven without doubt to be the cure to all evils of the world. it doesn't change the fact that politicians that are pushing for it right now are irresponsibly exposing people to unnecessary risk.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Wasn’t that most recent study showing no positive effects published in a highly respected medical journal ?

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Wasn’t that most recent study showing no positive effects published in a highly respected medical journal ?
the most respected medical journals such as New England Journal of Medicine and The Lancet have published several studies indicating the same pattern.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
please mate wtf is your point?

Here is a preliminary list of scientific studies/reports/editorials that suggest that chloroquine is not a safe drug to treat Covid indiscriminately:

it could all change in the next hour and a new study suggest otherwise and eventually chloroquine could be proven without doubt to be the cure to all evils of the world. it doesn't change the fact that politicians that are pushing for it right now are irresponsibly exposing people to unnecessary risk.
the side of effect of death from heart arrhythmia has never actually happened, AFAIK. And all of those editorials/studies are saying the same thing - we need randomized trials of mildly and asymptomatic patients to understand the proper therapy for each patient. But the NIH is over-stating the risk of HLC and over-stating the efficacy of Remdesivr, and it's not an accident. I think there's good evidence that HCL can be used prophylactically or at the early onset of symptoms and lower the risk of ICU-care. It's not a cure-all, but studying why it works when it works is important to understanding how to combat the virus.

T

The Big Guy

when it comes to balancing economic and public health interests, "bad" probably isn't a strong enough word.
If only the dems would have warned us sooner. But they spent all of December January and February crying for impeachment

I'm sure biden will sniff out a solution

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
If only the dems would have warned us sooner. But they spent all of December January and February crying for impeachment

i don't this this as a left/right or red/blue thing, more of a integrity/selfishness thing.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Weaponized data. Science is failing us.

Retraction: "Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19: a multinational registry analysis"

Today, three of the authors of the paper, "Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine with or without a macrolide for treatment of COVID-19: a multinational registry analysis", have retracted their study. They were unable to complete an independent audit of the data underpinning their analysis. As a result, they have concluded that they "can no longer vouch for the veracity of the primary data sources."

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Biden looks like a Scholar compared the stupidest President in US history in Trump

LOL at the Trump Cult, feeble intellects

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
the most respected medical journals such as New England Journal of Medicine and The Lancet have published several studies indicating the same pattern.
if you're keeping track, some of those publications are being retracted for being completely made-up.

T

The Big Guy

Biden looks like a Scholar compared the stupidest President in US history in Trump

LOL at the Trump Cult, feeble intellects
Biden has been in dc for 40 years and done nothing. Vote for a pedo cause you thinks trump's racist. I'd rather an accused racist than a guaranteed pervert. Theres so much child exploitation in the dem party. I find it disgusting but i guess your a fan. Enjoy 47443252_2519152388101615_5694755845674369024_n.jpg

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Biden has been in dc for 40 years and done nothing. Vote for a pedo cause you thinks trump's racist. I'd rather an accused racist than a guaranteed pervert. Theres so much child exploitation in the dem party. I find it disgusting but i guess your a fan. Enjoy View attachment 6498
i sure wished i lived in a comic book world of good and evil.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
if you're keeping track, some of those publications are being retracted for being completely made-up.
is it that they’re “completely made up” or that they’re subject to outstanding scrutiny and the database got exposed? what I read is that one of the authors got his data from a hospital and that data turned out to be not 100% reliable. far from “completely made up”. I admit I'm not much into it.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Biden has been in dc for 40 years and done nothing. Vote for a pedo cause you thinks trump's racist. I'd rather an accused racist than a guaranteed pervert. Theres so much child exploitation in the dem party. I find it disgusting but i guess your a fan. Enjoy View attachment 6498

I never said Biden was amazing but compared to low IQ racist sleeze Trump he is

Sycophant through and through you Cult Trump supporters

Ya'll too dumb to even grasp he mocks you, lol at supporting a president that mocks his own fans, and says they will support him like sycophants even if he shoots people

Ya'll are the bottom of the barrell in every way

T

The Big Guy

I never said Biden was amazing but compared to low IQ racist sleeze Trump he is

Sycophant through and through you Cult Trump supporters

Ya'll too dumb to even grasp he mocks you, lol at supporting a president that mocks his own fans, and says they will support him like sycophants even if he shoots people

Ya'll are the bottom of the barrell in every way
Hes the lesser of two evils. His policies have been great for america. Highest employment highest stock market. The communists released a virus and that hurt us. Then the dems demanded everyone stay home until they decided that riots are ok.

Dems loved the rona cause it undid alot of trumps work. But 4 more years and it will be even higher than before.

Your delusional and you hate trump. Whether its cause your a pussy that hates alphas or your just brainwashed. Biden is dumb as fuck and even dems know it.

You can hate trump but hes done more for america in 4 years than Obama's 8. Biden just wants to judge children's beauty pageants and apologize for criminals and pedos.

Wake up sheep

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Hes the lesser of two evils. His policies have been great for america. Highest employment highest stock market. The communists released a virus and that hurt us. Then the dems demanded everyone stay home until they decided that riots are ok.

Dems loved the rona cause it undid alot of trumps work. But 4 more years and it will be even higher than before.

Your delusional and you hate trump. Whether its cause your a pussy that hates alphas or your just brainwashed. Biden is dumb as fuck and even dems know it.

You can hate trump but hes done more for america in 4 years than Obama's 8. Biden just wants to judge children's beauty pageants and apologize for criminals and pedos.

Wake up sheep

You are a clown, stock market is how they trick you, stock market was so good that after not even a month of people staying at home more than half the country was about to not have enough money to pay basic bills

You are a complete sheep

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
Well, time to resurrect this thread.

Interesting new study:

:eyes:

"Our results do differ from some other studies," Zervos told a news conference. "What we think was important in ours ... is that patients were treated early. For hydroxychloroquine to have a benefit, it needs to begin before the patients begin to suffer some of the severe immune reactions that patients can have with Covid," he added.​

Oh.

¯\(°_o)/¯

Namaste

jerk

hard
May 10, 2019

CNN - A surprising new study found the controversial antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine helped patients better survive in the hospital. But the findings, like the federal government's use of the drug itself, were disputed.
A team at Henry Ford Health System in southeast Michigan said Thursday their study of 2,541 hospitalized patients found that those given hydroxychloroquine were much less likely to die.
Dr. Marcus Zervos, division head of infectious disease for Henry Ford Health System, said 26% of those not given hydroxychloroquine died, compared to 13% of those who got the drug. The team looked back at everyone treated in the hospital system since the first patient in March.

"Overall crude mortality rates were 18.1% in the entire cohort, 13.5% in the hydroxychloroquine alone group, 20.1% among those receiving hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin, 22.4% among the azithromycin alone group, and 26.4% for neither drug," the team wrote in a report published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases.