Any other TMMACers grow up on 90s country?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Either country or Motown was playing as an ambience in my house growing up. Really can only listen to those two and classic rock. 90s country is my shizz though.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Probably top two saddest videos I remember from CMT...

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I've tried to enjoy country music for two decades now and it's just not for me. There's some songs I do enjoy but I've never purposely tuned into a country station or out on an album.

Having said that I like some George straight, Julian Austin, Brad Paisley, Alan Jackson and I usually the era you speak of and older. The new country/pop is intolerable.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I've tried to enjoy country music for two decades now and it's just not for me. There's some songs I do enjoy but I've never purposely tuned into a country station or out on an album.

Having said that I like some George straight, Julian Austin, Brad Paisley, Alan Jackson and I usually the era you speak of and older. The new country/pop is intolerable.
That Florida-Georgia Line shit makes me want to burn villages. Absolutely shit music.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
80's and 90's country was my favorite at the time (particularly in college); but country lost me in the late 90's and I can't stand most of the country from the past decade. I still listen to prime country occasionally on Sirius.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
The guy Eric Church wishes he could be....

Honestly, I like them both. Country got pop'erized in the 90's and this guy was part of it. Not as much as some, but still part. Eric is part of the modern day crew, but they both had solid songs. I have no idea if either wrote/write their own songs. I'd be surprised if true in either case.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Honestly, I like them both. Country got pop'erized in the 90's and this guy was part of it. Not as much as some, but still part. Eric is part of the modern day crew, but they both had solid songs. I have no idea if either wrote/write their own songs. I'd be surprised if true in either case.
I call it getting Nashville'd. I've seen great street performers in Nashville trying to get their name out there. As soon as these people get deal, their songs go the pop route.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I call it getting Nashville'd. I've seen great street performers in Nashville trying to get their name out there. As soon as these people get deal, their songs go the pop route.
I agree in general, but you're out to lunch if you think Eric Church went the pop route. A lot of his songs are very anti-musical establishment (which is why he has so few videos) and he writes his own songs (which is why he's usually 2-3 years between albums)

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
I agree in general, but you're out to lunch if you think Eric Church went the pop route. A lot of his songs are very anti-musical establishment (which is why he has so few videos) and he writes his own songs (which is why he's usually 2-3 years between albums)
I wasn't saying Eric went the pop route.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I wasn't saying Eric went the pop route.
You better not be.

As for Florida Georgia Line. It's funny. When they first came out whether you liked them or not, they were bringing something very different to the table, but holy fuck did they sell out with the quickness.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
You better not be.

As for Florida Georgia Line. It's funny. When they first came out whether you liked them or not, they were bringing something very different to the table, but holy fuck did they sell out with the quickness.
I was talking about some artist that start out on a street corner of Broadway in Nashville singing straight from the heart and then end up with a gig in one of the bars like The Stage. Next time you hear about them, they've got a deal and an album that can be confused for pop, not the country you heard them start with.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I was talking about some artist that start out on a street corner of Broadway in Nashville singing straight from the heart and then end up with a gig in one of the bars like The Stage. Next time you hear about them, they've got a deal and an album that can be confused for pop, not the country you heard them start with.
You can honestly see it happen between albums. Usually when people get signed they're writing their own music, that goes away as soon as someone has them under contract.

I remember about a year ago Jason Aldean did an interview and they asked him "Are you going to write music for your next album?"

His response: Nah, I just enjoy performing.

Of course what he means by this is "I'm having fun and making a fuck ton of money. So fuck all that extra work."