Sports Anyone watching The Last Dance Jordan/Bulls doc?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Man I spent my whole youth hating Jordan because I was a Knicks fan then a Suns fan, but I'll never not admit he was the GOAT. Dude broke my heart every season, but I was glad to get to watch him play. This documentary is bringing back the nostalgia and I can enjoy watching him play without hating. It's really well done thus far. I like how they jump around in time and love watching this latter day clowning of Jerry Krause.

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
Man I spent my whole youth hating Jordan because I was a Knicks fan then a Suns fan, but I'll never not admit he was the GOAT. Dude broke my heart every season, but I was glad to get to watch him play. This documentary is bringing back the nostalgia and I can enjoy watching him play without hating. It's really well done thus far. I like how they jump around in time and love watching this latter day clowning of Jerry Krause.
lifelong knix fan here. fuck mj i aint watching that phony fucking bullshit.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Great Doc - it's actually about the 90's Bulls and not just Jordan.

You're absolutely right that the nostalgia runs high in this one - bringing back great memories.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I used to play basketball every single day for 8hrs a day or so
watched the jordan highlight videos so many damn times...can recite the narration from come fly with me
I was a Portland fan but Jordan won me over big time early in his career, was a must watch

So funny portland drafted Sam Bowie ahead of him.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Man I spent my whole youth hating Jordan because I was a Knicks fan then a Suns fan, but I'll never not admit he was the GOAT. Dude broke my heart every season, but I was glad to get to watch him play. This documentary is bringing back the nostalgia and I can enjoy watching him play without hating.
That's exactly how I feel, for some reason my quarantine pastime has been watching old NBA games and watching Jordan is a pleasure even though I hated them Bulls back in the 90's, felt like they were the bad guys. Looking back on it, they were a ridiculously good team.

Currently watching the 98 Finals, funny how the Bulls were coming off a tough 7 game series against the Pacers, Jazz were coming off 7 straight playoff wins after winning game 1 and the Bulls just broke them in game 2. Won G3 by 40+ pts. Too often it looks like opposing teams give up against them because of the pressure defense.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
LOL

Is this where we all pretend that we weren't fans of MJ originally because of how MAINSTREAM he was .

'but man as of recently I am a fan'

Hahaha

Let me guess every drinks some shitty flavored beer because "it's local and I can't stand popular beer"

Fook off

BWHAHAHA

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
LOL

Is this where we all pretend that we weren't fans of MJ originally because of how MAINSTREAM he was .

'but man as of recently I am a fan'

Hahaha

Let me guess every drinks some shitty flavored beer because "it's local and I can't stand popular beer"

Fook off

BWHAHAHA
this, because everybody was born before 1980 and were old enough to watch 90’s nba and no one has ever rooted for the underdog in professional sports.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
My stepdad was the biggest Bulls fan and was always giving MJ the cock flute solo and I was like for real? You grew up rooting for Clyde Frazier and Earl the Pearl and now you're out here cheering for these clowns? It led to a sharply polarized household. When Starks hit that left handed dunk I was clowning him the whole day, but it didn't last long. I got really into Barkley of all people and was convinced he was going to lead the Suns to crush the Bulls, but looking back it was kinda like Macho Man vs. Hulk Hogan. Year after year, my stepdad was laughing in my face as I watched Jordan just wreck people. I came around a bit by the time they were playing the Jazz for the second time because I hated Karl Malone more than I could've ever hated Jordan. The one weird thing in the doc so far is they make it seem like there was widespread speculation that the team was over the hill in '98, which maybe was true in the pundit world, but I don't remember anyone feeling that way or even hearing much about that. It seems like Krause definitely felt that way, but it makes little sense. Pippen had a solid few years afterward on the Blazers, MJ was still solid on the Wizards, if obviously not at his peak. Harper and Rodman went on to win championships elsewhere. I'm not sure it could be because of my stepdad, but the idea that there could be any other possible outcome in that last season seems to be getting played up for drama.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
fucking loving it & can't get enough. HUGE Bulls fan back in the day, more so than any other team/sport, who kind of lost interest watching NBA after the last Bulls run. this series is perfect IMO.

I was a Scottie Pippen hipster then & now. my uncle from CHI was calling me his biggest fan & always buying me Pip merchandise when he wasn't the Pippen we know now. hearing from Horace Grant, Paxson, Cartwright, BJ Armstrong, etc was also great. I wonder if they will touch on his sitting out when Kukoc was designated to take a game winning shot?

I always liked Doug Collins & forgot about the shitty treatment of him & unaware how Krause set up Phil & Tex to work behind his back. that said, Phil Jackson was the right man for the job & the triangle offense is what made all those championships possible.

great soundtrack too. digging the highlights set to LL Cool J's BAD or Kool Moe Dee's How Ya Like Me Now.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
I used to play basketball every single day for 8hrs a day or so
watched the jordan highlight videos so many damn times...can recite the narration from come fly with me
I was a Portland fan but Jordan won me over big time early in his career, was a must watch

So funny portland drafted Sam Bowie ahead of him.
that sucks but can't say I blame them. wouldn't have made much sense with Drexler at shooting guard.

they made a great point in the series that the Bulls lucked out with the draft being held before the 84 Olympics where Jordan blew up. He probably would have been #1 or #2 regardless of need after that.

MondoIDIOT

Better than you !
Mar 20, 2020
fucking loving it & can't get enough. HUGE Bulls fan back in the day, more so than any other team/sport, who kind of lost interest watching NBA after the last Bulls run. this series is perfect IMO.

I was a Scottie Pippen hipster then & now. my uncle from CHI was calling me his biggest fan & always buying me Pip merchandise when he wasn't the Pippen we know now. hearing from Horace Grant, Paxson, Cartwright, BJ Armstrong, etc was also great. I wonder if they will touch on his sitting out when Kukoc was designated to take a game winning shot?

I always liked Doug Collins & forgot about the shitty treatment of him & unaware how Krause set up Phil & Tex to work behind his back. that said, Phil Jackson was the right man for the job & the triangle offense is what made all those championships possible.

great soundtrack too. digging the highlights set to LL Cool J's BAD or Kool Moe Dee's How Ya Like Me Now.
Good man

Don't be like any of these others who pretend they werent fans just so they can be edgy

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Great documentary.

i think the greatest thing Jordan has done out of thhe countless accomplishments is getting through the Detroit “Bad Boys“ Pistons.

it was all down-hill from there

no can defend

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Ehlo collapsing to the floor after Jordan hit that shot was already iconic, but Harper's eternally meme worthy response to Ehlo being the guy to guard him just gave that moment a whole new layer of meaning.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Ehlo collapsing to the floor after Jordan hit that shot was already iconic, but Harper's eternally meme worthy response to Ehlo being the guy to guard him just gave that moment a whole new layer of meaning.
He seemed as pissed off at that as Jordan still is about Isaiah not shaking his hand

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Watching this series has really reinforced my opinion that current day NBA players aren't fit to lace up the shoes of the guys from the 80's and 90's.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
My stepdad was the biggest Bulls fan and was always giving MJ the cock flute solo and I was like for real? You grew up rooting for Clyde Frazier and Earl the Pearl and now you're out here cheering for these clowns? It led to a sharply polarized household. When Starks hit that left handed dunk I was clowning him the whole day, but it didn't last long. I got really into Barkley of all people and was convinced he was going to lead the Suns to crush the Bulls, but looking back it was kinda like Macho Man vs. Hulk Hogan. Year after year, my stepdad was laughing in my face as I watched Jordan just wreck people. I came around a bit by the time they were playing the Jazz for the second time because I hated Karl Malone more than I could've ever hated Jordan. The one weird thing in the doc so far is they make it seem like there was widespread speculation that the team was over the hill in '98, which maybe was true in the pundit world, but I don't remember anyone feeling that way or even hearing much about that. It seems like Krause definitely felt that way, but it makes little sense. Pippen had a solid few years afterward on the Blazers, MJ was still solid on the Wizards, if obviously not at his peak. Harper and Rodman went on to win championships elsewhere. I'm not sure it could be because of my stepdad, but the idea that there could be any other possible outcome in that last season seems to be getting played up for drama.
Devil's Advocate: Couldn't it be that we now remember them as champions, MJ hitting the shot, etc. and forget all the drama that came before?

I was 11 years old at 1998, iirc ESPN aired two NBA games a week here, I only recall flashes of these times, knew more about the NBA from video games. Think I became hardcore fan exactly the year after Jordan retired. So I wasn't old enough to fully understand what was going on nor did I have enough info available, but rewatching games during the quarantine, it looks like they did have some trouble back then. Barely beat the Pacers in ECF then especially after Finals G1, the Jazz were on a 7 game playoff win streak, Bulls looked like they couldn't win a road game to save their lives. Stockton had an epic game, Jazz won with little help from Malone... it all changed in G2, Stockton bungled some awful plays late in the game, Malone kept looking like shit, then Bulls won G3 by 40+ pts.

I'll watch G4 tonight, no spoilers please!