Sports Anyone watching The Last Dance Jordan/Bulls doc?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Devil's Advocate: Couldn't it be that we now remember them as champions, MJ hitting the shot, etc. and forget all the drama that came before?

I was 11 years old at 1998, iirc ESPN aired two NBA games a week here, I only recall flashes of these times, knew more about the NBA from video games. Think I became hardcore fan exactly the year after Jordan retired. So I wasn't old enough to fully understand what was going on nor did I have enough info available, but rewatching games during the quarantine, it looks like they did have some trouble back then. Barely beat the Pacers in ECF then especially after Finals G1, the Jazz were on a 7 game playoff win streak, Bulls looked like they couldn't win a road game to save their lives. Stockton had an epic game, Jazz won with little help from Malone... it all changed in G2, Stockton bungled some awful plays late in the game, Malone kept looking like shit, then Bulls won G3 by 40+ pts.

I'll watch G4 tonight, no spoilers please!
You didn't have WGN? Just about everyone in the Nation had the Chicago channel and most tuned in every game to see something special.

You also have to remember during this era players tried to be loyal to their team as long as they were compensated for their talents...it's not like today's day when LeBron decides he needs to go to Miami or LA in order to win a championship ....

Teams back then had a solid base and good team chemistry - they worked hard to improve ...not like in today's game where if they lose a couple games they automatically gotta try and trade for an opposing teams superstar player

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I got caught up last night. Outstanding documentary.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
You didn't have WGN? Just about everyone in the Nation had the Chicago channel and most tuned in every game to see something special.

You also have to remember during this era players tried to be loyal to their team as long as they were compensated for their talents...it's not like today's day when LeBron decides he needs to go to Miami or LA in order to win a championship ....

Teams back then had a solid base and good team chemistry - they worked hard to improve ...not like in today's game where if they lose a couple games they automatically gotta try and trade for an opposing teams superstar player
And today's NBA where guys sit out games in the Finals because they aren't 100%.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
Watching this series has really reinforced my opinion that current day NBA players aren't fit to lace up the shoes of the guys from the 80's and 90's.
couldn't agree more, though I stopped following NBA after the last Bulls run & they all retired, so not really an informed opinion.

wasn't a conscious decision, it just kind of happened. was definitely a more physical & different game back then.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
decent, but short, recaps of the series & expanding on each episode.

IIRC, Isiah Thomas will be interviewed in an upcoming show for his reaction.

Jalen & Jacoby - The Aftershow Show - PodCenter - ESPN Radio
ESPN's Jalen Rose and David Jacoby discuss each episode of the ten-part documentary series, The Last Dance with Director Jason Hehir, featuring insight from the production process and reflections on the 1997-98 Bulls NBA championship run- their sixth title in eight years, and what would be Michael Jordan's last season in Chicago

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Way to swaggerjack my own Last Dance thread OP! Just fucking with you homie. This is amazing so far. Ever since Jordan left and the Bulls went to shit it's never been the same...

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015

I am from Brazil. iirc we only had 2-3 games a week up to the late 00's. in the 90's it was probably one game a week.

in 2004-2005 ESPN aired the whole reason then they didn't have the right for the finals - it was ridiculous. I was a Pistons fans and got beyond pissed. it was what made me stop following the NBA real closely. the game getting pussified and the stupid uniforms were just the last touch.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
is this only on ESPN
not showing up on my netflix

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Jordan pushed off against the Jazz.....Lebron is much better and will go down as the GOAT
both are amazing players
different eras and different game now
I really enjoy both, even though I only watch late playoffs last 10 years

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
This series isn't doing anything to restore the love I once had for Jordan.

Makes me want a series about the Bad Boys though.

Last edited:

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
this documentary made me realize that Jordan is the GOAT,

91 - 97 Bulls are the best team in the NBA

are there only 6 episodes? I heard it supposed to be 10

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
this documentary made me realize that Jordan is the GOAT,

91 - 97 Bulls are the best team in the NBA

are there only 6 episodes? I heard it supposed to be 10
They release two new episodes every week. Six out now but yes there will be ten.