Bellator 162 Discussion - 10/21/16 (Prelims @ 7pm ET)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Complete Results
Alexander Shlemenko def. Kendall Grove via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 1:43
Bobby Lashley def. Josh Appelt via submission (RNC) (Round 2, 1:43)
Goiti Yamauchi def. Ryan Couture via submission (arm bar) (Round 1, 1:01)
Hisaki Kato def. A.J. Matthews via technical knockout (Round 1, 4:58)
Julia Budd def. Arlene Blencowe via majority decision (29-29, 30-27, 29-27)
Ricky Rainey def. Gilbert Smith def via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Steve Garcia def. Ronnie Lawrence via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
Chase Gormley def. Bobby Brents via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Virgil Zwicker def. Dan Charles via technical knockout (Round 2, 4:31)

Last edited:

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
good card.

I hope Storm hasn't aged too much during that long layoff. always loved watching him in Bellator.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
good card.

I hope Storm hasn't aged too much during that long layoff. always loved watching him in Bellator.
He's had two fights this year so it shouldn't be a big deal for him.

The bigger problem for him is that he's had 985082 fights in his young career. Seriously, he's had 62 fights and is only 32. Taking a little time away may have been good for his brain now that I think about it.

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
I really hope they show all of the prelims, if not most of them. Every single prelim fight is solid, and has amazing prospects.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015

I fought Brian white and he cut me with a knee...i took him down and was beating that ass and was bleeding in his face lol...Herb literally pulled me off of a leg lock to check my cut checked and they stopped it...dudes got sharp knees lol
here in the pic ive got hours leg isolated while he was squeeling..herb honestly should've waited to stop til there was a break in the action

Last edited:

TD_TSW

The Sports Warriors, a new combat sports talk show
Jun 6, 2016
is it just me or does the prelims look interesting more so than the main card??

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Ricky Rainey (fighting on the undercard) is a guy to watch IMO. He fought my BJJ coach a few years ago, and has come down to train at our school a few times. Good guy, and very talented fighter.

Ranger

Nov 17, 2015
Ricky Rainey (fighting on the undercard) is a guy to watch IMO. He fought my BJJ coach a few years ago, and has come down to train at our school a few times. Good guy, and very talented fighter.
Yeah, I agree, he looked amazing after his bout with MVP. And I believe that he beat Chidi, I think he should smash Gilbert with ease. Should be a good fight either way.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
he's one of the reasons why I'm not sold at all on Michael Page. they had a completely lackluster fight where MVP looked average at best.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
he's one of the reasons why I'm not sold at all on Michael Page. they had a completely lackluster fight where MVP looked average at best.
You sure you're remembering the right fight...? He finished that with one punch, after break dancing in front of his face....

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
You sure you're remembering the right fight...? He finished that with one punch, after break dancing in front of his face....
lol then yeah I'm thinking of the wrong fight...

looking at his FIght Finder page it can only be the fight against Nah Shon Burrell that I thought of.

but even so, these fights where MVP scores a cartoon KO are meaningless to me. that shit just doesn't happen when both competitors are remotely close to the same level.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
lol then yeah I'm thinking of the wrong fight...

looking at his FIght Finder page it can only be the fight against Nah Shon Burrell that I thought of.

but even so, these fights where MVP scores a cartoon KO are meaningless to me. that shit just doesn't happen when both competitors are remotely close to the same level.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
wow that's a bad comparision/analogy or whatever you tried to do.

a regular front kick that you learn on the first day on the gym is somewhat different from scoring tornado kick KOs and shit after dancing with hands low...

MVP's resume is not very impressive. that's hard to argue. when he collects a few high level wins I won't be able to say this but so far he has none.