BJB Breakdown: The Green Arrow -- Analyzing the Tools, Techniques, and Strategies of Oliver Queen

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Devante

Dec 28, 2018
MMA Ratings: BJB Breakdown: The Green Arrow -- Analyzing the Tools, Techniques, and Strategies of Oliver Queen

For the past few years, Marvel has run the live-action version of comic books. The MCU gave us Black Widow, Iron Man, Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, Black Panther, and one of my favorite characters, Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, who I wrote a similar piece about last year. Even on the TV side we were given the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Daredevil. While Marvel dominated every live-action medium at every level, its competitor DC Comics struggled in the same sphere, misrepresenting some characters, and outright butchering others; they could gain no favor with fans, hardcore or casual. But there was one character who not just held his own, but thrived, building his own legacy and starting a resurgence for DC properties and the myriad of characters who had been overlooked, underexposed, and mishandled. That character was Oliver Queen, aka The Green Arrow.

For eight seasons on the CW network, this vigilante inhabited the rooftops and back alleys of Star City, first facing a multitude of mob bosses, hired guns, and assassins before graduating to metahumans, monsters, mutates, and magic. Through it all, the Green Arrow, a regular human being, managed to survive and thrive, emerging victorious regardless of the challenges posed, using a combination of tools (weapons), strategy (combat awareness), quick wits (creativity), and fighting skills to establish himself as one of the most dangerous men in what would later be called the "Arrowverse," not to mention one of the finest long distance and close quarter combatants around.

MMA Ratings: BJB Breakdown: The Green Arrow -- Analyzing the Tools, Techniques, and Strategies of Oliver Queen