Bob Arum: Terence Crawford would ‘pin’ Conor McGregor, win UFC fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
From: Bob Arum: Terence Crawford would ‘pin’ Conor McGregor, win UFC fight .....

I was going to make fun of Bob Arum for believing you can win a mixed martial arts (MMA) fight by way of pinfall, but honestly, the guy is 88 years old and still bouncing around Las Vegas as one of the top promoters in boxing.

I’ll be happy to get to 88 without diapers.

Still, I couldn’t help but laugh when Arum deconstructed a possible MMA fight between Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) multi-weight attraction, Conor McGregor, and decorated boxing phenom, Terence Crawford.

“Terence Crawford will do McGregor in the Octagon, and then three months later they can do it in the boxing ring,” Arum told Little Giant Boxing (transcribed by MMA Junkie). “Crawford is a really tough dude who has a wrestling background, so it’s not like a guy like Mayweather who’s just a great boxer and would be lost, pretty much, in the Octagon. I wouldn’t be surprised if Crawford pins McGregor in an MMA fight. I really mean that. I think Crawford’s a better wrestler than McGregor is.”

McGregor made headlines in the “sweet science” after losing to Floyd Mayweather Jr. back in summer 2017, a performance that was good enough to warrant a return to the boxing ring. Potential opponents have ranged from Manny Pacquiao to Paulie Malignaggi.

Babby

Jun 23, 2018
Hi. Conor would choke him until he was blue like the smurfs. Thanks

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
good luck pinning the leprechaun with zero grappling experience

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Terence knows wrestling. His kid is the #1 nationally ranked wrestler in his weight class.
idk, people talk shit but Conor's first TD defense from Khabib was pretty impressive. He also handled Eddie Alvarez's clinch game really well.

Terence crawford will get leg kicked, then when he's limping on one leg, probably followed by a head kick KO

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
idk, people talk shit but Conor's first TD defense from Khabib was pretty impressive. He also handled Eddie Alvarez's clinch game really well.

Terence crawford will get leg kicked, then when he's limping on one leg, probably followed by a head kick KO
Crawford will do a lot better in MMA than Conor will do in boxing...
especially since Terrence will have Zero motivation to carry Conor (unlike Floyd)

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Good on Arum for keeping his fighters names out there. At 88 he is hustling more than most of the basement dwellers that post here