General Building a deck with hot tub

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
more deck to use and easier for staining and decking

gutters are easy as shit man, like legos
I dont see any way that I can move them and still have them attached to the house like they are now.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I dont see any way that I can move them and still have them attached to the house like they are now.
Drop a mini sump pump in that gutter, rip up the shingles and run a 2" pipe up the slope of the roof to the peak and back down to the other side where it can hook into the other downspout.

Re-sheath the roof. Shingle. Done.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Why do you say that?

i’m very good at what I do
I'm picturing 3 empty bottles of bourbon, you passed out in the grass and a naked Wild @Wild with splinters in his sack from trying to climb the 36' pole on a dare.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Drop a mini sump pump in that gutter, rip up the shingles and run a 2" pipe up the slope of the roof to the peak and back down to the other side where it can hook into the other downspout.

Lol fuck all this nonsense. I'm attaching an 8 ft long corrugated pipe to the bottom of the downspout, running it below the deck (out in the middle somewhere) and notching around the downspout. It will look clean.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Mm that sounds like a solid plan. I would also throw on a couple steep dormers. That'll help shed water off to the side. Maybe a skirt roof that wraps around the entire house to deflect wind driven rain.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Lol fuck all this nonsense. I'm attaching an 8 ft long corrugated pipe to the bottom of the downspout, running it below the deck (out in the middle somewhere) and notching around the downspout. It will look clean.
Make a mini-replica of the Bellagio fountains in the middle of your backyard.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Mm that sounds like a solid plan. I would also throw on a couple steep dormers. That'll help shed water off to the side. Maybe a skirt roof that wraps around the entire house to deflect wind driven rain.
While we are talking about water diversion, he'd be an idiot if he didn't build a cistern to collect the rain water so it could automatically water his lawn.

LOL at building a deck for a hot tub that he won't be able to enjoy because he'll be too busy watering his grass all the fucking time.