VID By The Numbers - The Untold Story of Muslim Opinions & Demographics - By a Sunni Muslim

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
They blow my mind.

I would consider people like Quakers the closest to true Christians (pacifist egalitarians).
I did one of those online "what religion best suits you" tests and it came up with liberal Quacker which fucked with me cause thats the brand of oats I was eating at the time

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
"The Trusts, a single entity, is the successor to, and sole beneficiary of, seven charitable funds established between 1948 and 1979 by J. Howard Pew, Mary Ethel Pew, Joseph N. Pew, Jr., and Mabel Pew Myrin — the adult sons and daughters of Sun Oil Companyfounder Joseph N. Pew and his wife, Mary Anderson Pew. Honoring their parents’ religious conviction that good works should be done quietly, the original Pew Memorial Foundation [2] was a grantmaking organization that made donations anonymously. The foundation became the Pew Memorial Trust in 1956, based in Philadelphia, the donors’ hometown. Between 1957 and 1979, six other trusts were created, representing the personal and complementary philanthropic interests of the four siblings. [3][4] The Trusts remains based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with an office in Washington, D.C."

Now Im not saying that means much, but we always need to look at the source of the information, the above captioned related to the Pew Charitable Trust which provides 100% of funding to the Pew Institute who's surveys were relied upon in the OP video.

Food for thought
Quakers give money for charity this is not a scoop

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
The Pews are Quaker?

Quaker's do indeed give to charity.

Are they evil?
I'm going off the name, the "sun" part of sun oil cuz the Quakers in Dublin go to "Sunshine" house of a sunday and the charitable religious convictions

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
I find it funny that the ones in this thread that claim not to believe are the ones argueing the most over what someone else believes. You guys are intentionally trying to make the only person here that is saying live and let live out to be a bad guy because he says he is a christian. Who really gives a shit about who reads what book or how they Interpret it if they are living life in a way that is not being an asshole to someone else? The two so called non believers have shown in this thread that they are no better that a jehova witness with trying to shove their beliefs down someone else's throat. Be thankfull you live in a place where you can have religious freedom and not fear death for not conforming to the norm of that region.

nick diaz is my nut hugger

P

Punch

I find it funny that the ones in this thread that claim not to believe are the ones argueing the most over what someone else believes. You guys are intentionally trying to make the only person here that is saying live and let live out to be a bad guy because he says he is a christian. Who really gives a shit about who reads what book or how they Interpret it if they are living life in a way that is not being an asshole to someone else? The two so called non believers have shown in this thread that they are no better that a jehova witness with trying to shove their beliefs down someone else's throat. Be thankfull you live in a place where you can have religious freedom and not fear death for not conforming to the norm of that region.

Are you referring to me and that they are trying to make me out look bad? Because I didn't get that at all. I know I'm a good person.

Or am I missing what you were saying?

M

member 1013

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
Are you referring to me and that they are trying to make me out look bad? Because I didn't get that at all. I know I'm a good person.

Or am I missing what you were saying?
I am referring to how you got treated in this thread. You basicaly got ganged up on because you read the bible differently. I belive basically the same as you do but I don't criticize others that don't believe the same way.

M

member 1013

For the record I do not care what someone's religious beliefs are, so long as they don't harm anything.

Also Yeshua was most likely a stone mason and not a carpenter, it is mistranslated from "builder."

He was probably also 5'1". (Average height of a Semitic man for his time.)

Just saying.

P

Punch

I am referring to how you got treated in this thread. You basicaly got ganged up on because you read the bible differently. I belive basically the same as you do but I don't criticize others that don't believe the same way.

Sheefer as I live and breathe! What is this? A moderate viewpoint? :D

I didn't feel ganged up on though.

P

Punch

For the record I do not care what someone's religious beliefs are, so long as they don't harm anything.

Also Yeshua was most likely a stone mason and not a carpenter, it is mistranslated from "builder."

He was probably also 5'1". (Average height of a Semitic man for his time.)

Just saying.
And he was a Jew, so the whole black/white Jesus thing always makes me chuckle. :D

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
I am pretty moderate when it comes to religion. My views on god and firearms are about the same. I would rather have one and not need it than not have one and need it.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015

He wasn't ganged up on. I posted my dislike of religions that worship a god who kills and tortures and commits other atrocious acts. @Alienator challenged me on this and through discussion, we discovered that he does not follow such a religion. ThatOneDude @ThatOneDude showed that he has the same stance.

You say you don't criticise people for different beliefs but you're criticising me for my beliefs. You have no problem with the outer circle of Muslim extremism described in the video?

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
He wasn't ganged up on. I posted my dislike of religions that worship a god who kills and tortures and commits other atrocious acts. @Alienator challenged me on this and through discussion, we discovered that he does not follow such a religion. ThatOneDude @ThatOneDude showed that he has the same stance.

You say you don't criticise people for different beliefs but you're criticising me for my beliefs. You have no problem with the outer circle of Muslim extremism described in the video?
I think we need to accept a bronze age fairy tale for our salvation, you interested in joining my religion? Im basing it on ancient Fijian shark worship that my great grandfather used to practice, I shit you not they'd feed the fucking sharks all day then jump into the water with them (after trapping them in a lagoon at low tide) and proclaim divinity because the overfed sharks wouldnt attack anyone.

Im looking for disciples and im stoned as fucking fuck

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
SHARK-GODS

Two Questions that I am very often asked, deal with mythology and so I have decided to put the answers here on this page. The first deals with "Shark gods" and the second is about the origin of "Shark Teeth Necklaces".

Read on...

Following a Question about Shark-Gods, I decided to do a little research about the subject.

FIJI'S DAKUWAQA

The Fiji Islands have their own Shark God and during my stay there, I had the chance to learn more about DAKUWAQA - The Fierce Sea God.

Legend has it that Dakuwaqa was an angry, fearless, headstrong and jealous Sea God. He was the guardian of the reef entrance of the islands. Ever so often, he would change himself into a shark and go patrolling the islands harassing, challenging and fighting all the other reef guardians.

One day, the Octopus God of Kadavu, decided to teach Dakuwaqa a lesson. He secured himself to the coral with four of his tentacles. With the other four, the octopus grabbedDakuwaqa in a strong head grip.

There was no way for the fierce shark to escape and after a long time struggling, he gave up. The Octopus God then told The Shark God that he would release him on two conditions! The first was that Dakuwaqa would stop being angry all the time and the second, to promise to stop harassing all Octopus and other beautiful creatures that live on the reefs.

From that moment on, Dakuwaqa not only started to protect the reefs and the creatures that live there, but also to protect the divers and the shark feeders that respect Fiji'smagnificent underwater world. Even today, when local fishermen go out fishing, they ceremoniously pour a bowl of yaqona (the local Kava beverage) into the sea forDakuwaqa to ensure their safe return.

'AUMAKUA, ANCIENT GUARDIANS OF HAWAII'S PAST

Kahu (Rev.) Charles Kauluwehi Maxwell Sr., ("Uncle Charlie", as he is affectionately known) is a very well respected "Kupuna" (Elder) in the Hawaiian Community and all throughout Polynesia. He is also the curator and cultural consultant, for sharks at the Maui Ocean Center and is linked to sharks spiritually. When I asked him about the subject of Shark Gods, this is what he wrote.

To get the right prospective on our culture, one must know the ancient history to really appreciate our association to the land and the animals within. For the Hawaiian people our islands were created by primordial gods and goddess and our chant called theKumulipo Chant (Creation Chant) tells of how the earth was formed and each living thing was born and the last being the emergence of man. These islands including the channels, Rivers Mountains and districts were named a thousand years before our people came with their wa'a kaulua (double hulled canoes).

Unlike Capt. Cook, they did not stumble on the island so when they came in the 3rd Century, women, children, plants, animals, gods and goddess were brought here with them. Our people conveyed spiritual importance to animal deities that was created to protect them and their life style. The most important is the Shark, which is still held in reverence by our people today. From all the animal deities, the shark is the greatest 'Aumakua (guardian).

Eons before the missionaries introduced their concept of one God to Hawai'i in 1820, Polynesians had an intricate Nature-oriented belief system. A host of deities called 'Aumakua could be called upon for protection, comfort and Spiritual support. The first 'aumakua were thought to be the Offspring of mortals who had mated with the akua(primary Gods). Among the most important of the primary gods were Ku, Kane, Lonoand Kanaloa, but it was the 'aumakua that Commoners could call on in an easy, less ritualistic way.

'Aumakua were often ancestors whose bones had been especially stripped of flesh upon death, wrapped in kapa and ceremonially prepared before the bones were placed in the custody of another descendant.

When an individual died, it was thought the spirit of that person jumped from a rocky precipice, a leina or soul's leap, designated on each island, to begin its journey to the ancestral homeland. In a shadowy place called Po, the ancestor spirits lived with the supreme gods and were transfigured into God-spirits, whose mana, or power, was almost as awesome as that of the akua.

Kahu (Rev.) Charles Kauluwehi Maxwell Sr. meets his 'aumakua, the shark, at the Maui Ocean Center aquarium

The spirit of a deceased ancestor first might serve as an 'unihipili, a deity who granted requests for mercy and gave warnings of pending disasters or destruction. The earthly individual who safeguarded the bones of the 'unihipili could summon him for guidance. If the 'unihipili was especially deserving, he became an 'aumakua, an ancestral god honored by his descendants and easily approachable in times of need.

Mary Kawena Pukui, a revered scholar of Hawaiian culture, who died in 1986 at age 91, explained: "As gods and relatives in one, they give us strength when we are weak, warning when danger threatens, guidance in our bewilderment, inspiration in our arts. They are equally our judges, hearing our words and watching our actions, reprimanding us for error and punishing us for blatant offense."

An 'aumakua could manifest itself in varying forms such as a shark, a sea turtle, a hawk, a lizard, a pueo (owl) or any other animal, plant or mineral. Members of the family were said to recognize their 'aumakua, no matter what form it chose, whether it be an insect on land or a crab in the ocean the following day. The ancestral god might appear in a dream to furnish guidance or spiritual strength in difficult times. When a fisherman or craftsman was especially successful, credit was often given to his 'aumakua for intervening with the principal gods to impart the mana, or power, that enabled an earthly being to develop such skill. Many a canoe paddler has told of being lost or in danger between the islands, only to be guided by his 'aumakua in the form of a dolphin or shark to a safe landing.

Pukui explained in her book "Nana I Ke Kumu," that three types of strength were sometimes imparted when an 'aumakua took possession of a human being. Temporary energy, 'uhane kihei pua or "flower mantle energy," would allow a woman sick in bed to get up and do necessary chores, but the moment the 'aumakua would leave, the woman would be weak and sick again. Complete possession by an 'aumakua, called noho, would provide supernatural strength in times of emergency, or in another case, might cause a reversal of one's character. For example, a quiet, retiring person might suddenly be loud and boisterous. The third type of possession was ho'oulu, which could enable a mediocre dancer to achieve a measure of greatness, perhaps during the performance of hula, or in competition during games.

In ancient times, families were careful not to eat certain forms of animal life if their 'aumakua was thought to appear in that form, for if they did, they knew the punishment could be as severe as death. Offerings of taro leaves with sincere prayers could abate the anger of an offended 'aumakua.

Until today, families still claim certain animals or birds as their personal 'aumakua, and the more powerful 'aumakua, such as the goddess Pele, continue to be honored, though in increasingly modern ways. Long ago, Hawaiians showed there respect to Pele by never eating 'ohelo berries until some had been offered to the goddess at the crater's edge. Today, more often than not, offerings to Pele involve a bottle of gin tossed intoHalema'uma'u Crater at the outset of an eruption. Few people question the existence of this capricious goddess, preferring instead to quietly respect her domain in the hopes that she will treat those who live on her mountain slopes with respect in return. People still insist she appears on the roads around Volcano sometimes as an old crone with a little white dog, sometimes as a tempestuous young woman with flowing black hair.

In any case, long after the principal gods lost their notoriety once the state religion had been replaced by Christianity, the 'aumakua have continued to be remembered with fondness and reverence by many a Hawaiian family.

I asked "Uncle Charlie" if there are any pictures or images depicting `Aumakua. He sent me this Picture of a Tiger Shark, With the following note.

I am sending you a picture of a tiger that we released after housing him at the Maui Ocean Center where I work as a cultural consultant. We catch the sharks and I bless them and when they want to be returned,. we take them back to the sea. Alive and well. Alex, that photo is a representation of our Aumakua. Like you cannot see the lord, neither you can "see" the shark god. Only the ones that they serve can see and take care of the aumakua. If you have not been brought up with our culture from young, its hard to understand, but its serves the purpose.

Aloha

Uncle Charlie

P.S., I openly talk about the shark because I too am thriving for its preservation. Before I sent you the information and picture, I checked out your website and found that it promotes preservation of the shark. Mahalo

Thank you Uncle Charlie...

COOK ISLANDS -Legend of Ina and the shark
The Cook Islands has its share of legends, myths, and folklore. One famous legend that of Ina and the shark is so popular, it was put on the face of bank notes issued to commemorate the 6th festival of Pacific Arts Rarotonga Cook Islands in October of 1992. There are many versions of this legend.

Ina was the love of Tinirau, the god of the ocean who lived on a floating island. One day Ina jumped into the sea in search of Tinirau, but since the sea was so big, she was continually tossed back to shore by its gigantic waves. She enlisted in some fish to help her swim, but they were too small to carry her, so in her frustration, she beat them with a stick, permanently marking their bodies. This is how the angelfish got their black stripes. Eventually a shark agreed to carry her on his back.

For the journey she took some coconuts with her, for food and drink. After some time, Ina became thirsty, so the shark raised his dorsal fin so that she could crack a coconut and partake of its milk. This she did and it satisfied her thirst. She then relieved herself on the shark, who wasn't too happy about that and warned her not to do this again. This is why islanders complain that the shark meat smells of urine.

Again Ina became thirsty and this time she cracked the coconut on the shark's head. One version of the story says that this is how the hammerhead shark came about. Another story says that this is why there is a bump on a shark's head, which is to this day called Ina's bump.

Reeling from the pain, the shark tossed Ina off his back dived below the waters, leaving her to flounder in the sea (one version says he ate her, but that isn't the nicest end to the story). Finally Tekea the Great, the king of all shards rose from the bottom of the sea and rescued Ina, He then carried her to Tinirau's island where they were finally reunited.

Another common question that I get deals with the origin of the Shark Tooth Necklace. I had a very vague memory of the story so I asked around and got back a message to check out the Keith R Hamlin's website. This is what I found out.

Keith writes:

The Legend of the Sharks Tooth

(Or how to be a little superstitious as a diver)

I remember a friend handing me a small sharks tooth about 25 years ago, and telling me a story about how I should keep it on me at all times when I was diving.....

Well, I think I know where that tooth is, but would not care to wager on it's being there.... That garage of mine can hide a lot of stuff....

But I have kept a tooth on for every dive I have ever made since then. I looked back on a few old pictures and there it was, one or another, and I was getting about a new tooth every year there for a while, but have a nice Mako Shark Tooth now. They have been big and small, some fossils, some new, but always there.

I was foggy on the whole tale of the tooth, even though it had been told to me that day I got my first one, until recently when a friend dug up the tale for me someplace.

The tale starts in the South Pacific. Back in the days of the forming of the seas, and when the rains were pouring from the heavens to create our seas, the God of the Seas, called Ohav-Lai was challenged for supremacy of the seas by the man eating shark.

Well, legends tell how the battle raged on for a day in the depths of the Pacific.

Eventually Ohav-Lai came forth from the seas, with a large tooth from the shark around his neck.

So now, as the legends say, and the South Pacific natives believe, the tooth of the man-eating shark brings long and prosperous life, free from harm, particularly that from the sea. I am told that the divers in the seas there will not enter the water without a tooth.

Anyway, that is the legend, and I just pass it along, so next time I am asked why I always have mine on, especially for a dive, I can probably remember the story a bit better......

So that is were the origin seems to be. I personally do not agree with the idea of having a "Fresh" new white shark tooth around my neck. The reason is that the more people that buy or get fresh shark teeth, the more the sharks are hunted and killed for them. It is better to have an old fossilized tooth than a new one.
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hows that for fucking proof ^^^ Pacific Islanders came up with identical belief systems in total isolation of one and other.

I have a direct lineage to the founders of one branch of this faith, follow me into the deep blue yonder