General Cam Newton to the Patriots

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Unless I missed it, there has not been any threads about this. I would first like to say FUCK THE PATS!. Secondly, I wonder what others think about the signing. Does Cam still have some left in the tank? Will he even beat out Stidham for the job? Does he have the right temperament to adhere to "The Patriot Way", especially if he's in a back up role?

I think they signed him to take the headline away from their latest punishment for cheating. Cam is a great athlete, at least he was before his injuries. However, I don't think he has the patience and/or accuracy to be a long term QB for the Patriots. Billicheat does not seem like the type of guy willing to change his complex system for a guy like Cam.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Unless I missed it, there has not been any threads about this. I would first like to say FUCK THE PATS!. Secondly, I wonder what others think about the signing. Does Cam still have some left in the tank? Will he even beat out Stidham for the job? Does he have the right temperament to adhere to "The Patriot Way", especially if he's in a back up role?

I think they signed him to take the headline away from their latest punishment for cheating. Cam is a great athlete, at least he was before his injuries. However, I don't think he has the patience and/or accuracy to be a long term QB for the Patriots. Billicheat does not seem like the type of guy willing to change his complex system for a guy like Cam.
Pat's are paying him fuck all so it's a win if Cam is over his injuries and can play at an elite level

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Pat's are paying him fuck all so it's a win if Cam is over his injuries and can play at an elite level
Agreed. They got him super cheap. The contract is reported to be very incentive based.

Quarterback Cam Newton's reported contract with the Patriots is a bargain. On Sunday, Newton agreed to a one-year deal with a base of $1.05 million, the minimum salary for a player with his amount of experience — nine years — in the league. Just $550,000 of that money is guaranteed. Newton can earn another $700,000 in per-game roster bonuses and up to $5.75 million in additional incentives. The maximum value of his contract is $7.5 million.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Agreed. They got him super cheap. The contract is reported to be very incentive based.

Quarterback Cam Newton's reported contract with the Patriots is a bargain. On Sunday, Newton agreed to a one-year deal with a base of $1.05 million, the minimum salary for a player with his amount of experience — nine years — in the league. Just $550,000 of that money is guaranteed. Newton can earn another $700,000 in per-game roster bonuses and up to $5.75 million in additional incentives. The maximum value of his contract is $7.5 million.
Yep it's a win win for the Patriots and some great incentive for Cam to reestablish himself as one of the top QBs in the league.

Kinda stoked to see how Bill and McDaniels use him

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

Interesting that that was the best deal he could make, especially considering how shallow the qb roster is. Guy is apparently considered by all other teams pretty washed up.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Von will steal his should again like SB50

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
This is a great move by a team that has nothing to lose by signing his ass. I believe he will deliver the goods and give the rest of the league the business

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This is a great move by a team that has nothing to lose by signing his ass. I believe he will deliver the goods and give the rest of the league the business
You should pick him up first round in the FF draft

M

member 3289

It was a good pickup by NE. They had nobody at QB before and now they have a former NFL MVP for a bargain price.

But it's all good. They don't have Brady. They'll lose to the Dolphins twice this year.