General Canadian Politics eh.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
I know a white kid who got his school paid for through scholarships through his dads work. Fucking kid cheated his whole way through university by paying people to write his papers, was able to afford to do this by selling food certificates he would steal from the restaurant his mom worked at. The kid is now a lawyer. Go figure.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I know a white kid who got his school paid for through scholarships through his dads work. Fucking kid cheated his whole way through university by paying people to write his papers, was able to afford to do this by selling food certificates he would steal from the restaurant his mom worked at. The kid is now a lawyer. Go figure.
I ain't mad at him, didn't use any tax payer dollars. Gotta hustle with a vengeance.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Trudeau under renewed attack for Bahamas vacation
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau came under renewed attack Tuesday in the House of Commons over his vacation on a private Bahamas island, following the revelation that the Aga Khan's island is legally owned by a company with ties to corporations located in countries known to be tax havens.

New Democratic Party Leader Tom Mulcair led off with his questioning about the island's ownership structure.

"The prime minister's explanation of his now infamous vacation is so full of holes and contradictions it is starting to sound like a White House press briefing," he told the House.

"The prime minister broke the law by taking a private helicopter to the island. He defended this by saying that it was simply a family vacation with a family friend along with a few senior Liberals. Now we learn that the island doesn't actually belong to the family friend. So will the prime minister finally own up to this entire mess and admit that he should never have taken that exclusive holiday?"

Mulcair also called on Trudeau to admit that the helicopter used by the Aga Khan was not the only way to get to Bell Island.

Trudeau, however, stuck to his talking points, saying that he was co-operating with Ethics Commissioner Mary Dawson's investigation into his vacation.

"This was a personal family vacation with a longtime friend, and I am happy to work with the ethics commissioner to answer any questions she may have."

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
B.C. can't hold Alberta's economy 'hostage' by blocking pipeline, Notley says
Alberta Premier Rachel Notley has used her strongest language yet in rejecting the contention that British Columbia has the power to stop the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion from Edmonton to an ocean port in Burnaby.

"We understand that some oppose the twinning of the pipeline, and I respect their opinion," Notley told a news conference. "But I fundamentally disagree with the view that one province or even one region can hold hostage the economy of another province. Or in this case, the economy of our entire country."

Notley held the news conference to announce that Alberta has been granted intervenor status in legal challenges to the controversial project.

The premier added there is no way for a province to block a decision made in the national interest by the federal government.

"If there were such tools, Canada would be less a country and more a combination of individual fiefdoms fighting with each other for advantage," she said.

Sixteen groups have asked the federal court to review approval of the project by the National Energy Board and the federal government. All applications will be heard in a single hearing in October.

Kinder Morgan intends to break ground on construction this fall.

But the result of the B.C. election has created uncertainty over whether this will happen.

The vote on May 9 left the Liberals with 43 seats. The NDP won 41 and the Greens took three. A party needs to win 44 seats to form a majority government.

Both the Green Party and the B.C. NDP oppose the Trans Mountain expansion.

The Green Party could hold the balance of power if the Liberals end up forming a minority government.

About 176,000 absentee ballots still need to be counted. That won't happen until at least May 22.

'Dumb' move
At the news conference, Notley was also asked about the report by an expert panel into the National Energy Board released Monday.

The five-person panel suggested the creation of two new agencies to replace the NEB. It also made the controversial recommendation that leadership be moved from Calgary to Ottawa.

Notley called a proposal to move the NEB out of Alberta "dumb."

"If someone were to propose that you move the Atlantic Opportunities Marketing Agency from Atlantic Canada to Winnipeg, people would say that's dumb," she said.

"Let me just say, moving the NEB to Eastern Canada is dumb. We are absolutely opposed to that and it shouldn't happen.'

NDP govt fighting for a pipe line, who would have thought.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Anyone here foolish enough to think we'll pay less for our dairy/poultry without supply management?
Depends who you ask. The small time farmers who aren't allowed a market share, or the Americans who pay about half of what we do will tell you without question. The people currently benefiting from supply management will tell you it's what makes dairy affordable. Having said that, other places do fine without it. Only one way to find out, but $3.50 for a liter of milk is getting to be a bit much.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Tom is really calling Justin out on this vacation... as he should be. Trudeau came into power claiming to be the guy to put some checks and balances back in to Canadian politics and is now dealing with two separate conflicts of interest.
I had no strong opinion of Trudeau when he was elected. Truth be told I was cautiously optimistic that we were going to actually get a new Liberal party. A year and a half in and it's apparent that this is still the Ignatieff/Martin Liberals with a different face. Bah Gawd he's one of the poorest unrehearsed public speakers I've ever heard. I didn't like O'Leary but a debate between him and Prime Minister "Uh,um, uh, um, um" would have been like watching Fedor fight one of the enhancement talents from his Pride win streak.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I got those connects
Been drunk plenty of times with the natives around here
Probably my best female friend is native and teaches on Georgina island

Krs82 for prime minister
Weed legal day 1
Fuck all the pc bullshit
Isn't Trudeau for legal weed?

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
I had no strong opinion of Trudeau when he was elected. Truth be told I was cautiously optimistic that we were going to actually get a new Liberal party. A year and a half in and it's apparent that this is still the Ignatieff/Martin Liberals with a different face. Bah Gawd he's one of the poorest unrehearsed public speakers I've ever heard. I didn't like O'Leary but a debate between him and Prime Minister "Uh,um, uh, um, um" would have been like watching Fedor fight one of the enhancement talents from his Pride win streak.
Yeah, Trudeau is filled with fillers when speaking.

You would think he would be more refined as an English major.

I just enjoy how much Mulcair likes to bust JT's balls.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Isn't Trudeau for legal weed?
Yes.

Legalized and regulated marijuana in 2018.

Yet the RCMP under Trudeau's power are still arresting Canadians on pot charges. Trudeau talking the other day about how his brother got off on pot charges when they were kids due to his dad's political connections made me want to vomit.

As Mulcair proposed, marijuana should have been decriminalized immediately, then work on legalization and the regulatory frame work.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
It's typical of the RCMP. Any reason they have to make softball arrests.
I would blame the mandate of the govt over the RCMP on this one. The RCMP know the charges wont be processed by the Crown Prosecutor. It is all just be waste of tax payers money and RCMP resources but the RCMP are bound to uphold the law regardless of if they think the case will move forward with charges. The govt could easily tell the RCMP to stop enforcing marijuana laws but have refused to do so.... But I get your point about soft ball arrest to increase their stats and appeal for increased funding.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I would blame the mandate of the govt over the RCMP on this one. The RCMP know the charges wont be processed by the Crown Prosecutor. It is all just be waste of tax payers money and RCMP resources but the RCMP are bound to uphold the law regardless of if they think the case will move forward with charges. The govt could easily tell the RCMP to stop enforcing marijuana laws but have refused to do so.... But I get your point about soft ball arrest to increase their stats and appeal for increased funding.
Historically the RCMP prefers make work projects to actual police work. Based on past performance it's more likely that the RCMP is doing it and the gov isn't telling them to stop rather than the other way around.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Historically the RCMP prefers make work projects to actual police work. Based on past performance it's more likely that the RCMP is doing it and the gov isn't telling them to stop rather than the other way around.
Well JT has stated they would continue to enforce laws until they have been fully changed.

What other make work projects you referring to with the RCMP?

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Yes.

Legalized and regulated marijuana in 2018.

Yet the RCMP under Trudeau's power are still arresting Canadians on pot charges. Trudeau talking the other day about how his brother got off on pot charges when they were kids due to his dad's political connections made me want to vomit.

As Mulcair proposed, marijuana should have been decriminalized immediately, then work on legalization and the regulatory frame work.
Absolutely should have been decriminalized immediately... like, the day he became prime minister
This 1 year wait is a fucking joke and then add to that that people are still going to prison for something our fucking government has come out and said they are for

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
I disagree on one thing... Some of these charges will go through

There are people that the government does not want in the cannabis industry
By arresting and going through with the charges on these people, they will not legally be allowed to produce cannabis for the purpose of sale
They won't even be allowed to be designated growers
(I'm going through to be a designated grower and you have to go to the police station to have a document printed that you have never been arrested and send it to health canada)

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Absolutely should have been decriminalized immediately... like, the day he became prime minister
This 1 year wait is a fucking joke and then add to that that people are still going to prison for something our fucking government has come out and said they are for
It will be a couple years in by the time it all gets the green light.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
I disagree on one thing... Some of these charges will go through

There are people that the government does not want in the cannabis industry
By arresting and going through with the charges on these people, they will not legally be allowed to produce cannabis for the purpose of sale
They won't even be allowed to be designated growers
(I'm going through to be a designated grower and you have to go to the police station to have a document printed that you have never been arrested and send it to health canada)
True, some of the bigger players in the dispensaries charges will go through.

I was more referring to the average Canadian who isnt involved in pot shops.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Well JT has stated they would continue to enforce laws until they have been fully changed.

What other make work projects you referring to with the RCMP?
Sounds like JT is truly Canada's BO......

Canadians are fucking retarded when it comes to federal politics we have more than 2 major parties yet the knowitalls always advocate for the same two and then people throw up their arms like it's a big fucking surprise that nothing ever changes except that more laws are passed yearly.
Fucking idiots.

Last edited by a moderator: