Cejudo on retirement: ‘I really do want to walk away,’ but ‘money talks’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

“I want to leave on top. I did it in wrestling, and now I want to do it in the sport of MMA. I want to remain king forever.”

Those are the words of Henry Cejudo, who wants to be one of the few combat sports athletes to retire on a high note.

Following his TKO win over Dominick Cruz in the UFC 249 co-main event, Cejudo made the surprise announcement that he’s retiring from the sport. In the post-fight press conference, Dana White later said that Petr Yan and an opponent TBD could fight for the vacant belt next.

As for Cejudo he did leave the door slightly ajar for a return.

“[Dana White] knows the number, but let all these other…

Henry Cejudo on retirement decision: ‘I really do want to walk away,’ but ‘money talks’

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I am going to tell my boss this exact thing tomorrow.
A friend of mine left our job at Arizona to go to San Francisco. My boss offered him a shitload more money to stay, even though every year we were capped at a 3% raise. He ended up leaving and told me about it.

I tried the same shit in my annual review, boss was like yeah fuck off then.

The struggle is real

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
A friend of mine left our job at Arizona to go to San Francisco. My boss offered him a shitload more money to stay, even though every year we were capped at a 3% raise. He ended up leaving and told me about it.

I tried the same shit in my annual review, boss was like yeah fuck off then.

The struggle is real
that was actually a dumb move by your friend considering that SF costs maybe %66 percent more to live there. my cousin rents a 3000 dollar apt in SF which costs like 1000 in AZ.

it would only be smart to live in SF if you got a 67 percent pay raise even at 66 percent you would probably barely break even.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
that was actually a dumb move by your friend considering that SF costs maybe %66 percent more to live there. my cousin rents a 3000 dollar apt in SF which costs like 1000 in AZ.

it would only be smart to live in SF if you got a 67 percent pay raise even at 66 percent you would probably barely break even.
Yea we noticed. I remember before he left, went from like 900 per month in az to 2600 for a shoebox apartment. Had to sell both his cars too, as there was no garage or parking included.

Think he started using a bicycle.

steroid to heaven

Colonize the Sun
Dec 23, 2015
he definitely wooped cruz all over that cage, i was impressed
retiring is smart, and so is fighting 1 last time for your best payday ever

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Let me drop this here, can't believe no one did in the first 10 posts:

Classic mistake by Triple Cringe. Over valuing himself. He will not get heavyweight money because most people don't like to watch the little guys fight. I bet he changes his tune when he realizes he can be very quickly and easily replaced.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
if cejudo and nunes leave for Rizin we might get to see the open weight intersex championship. cejudo vs Harrison for intersex championship would also be good

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
if he comes back i hope he goes on an epic losing streak BJ Penn style .walk away and keep on walking you cringy little fucker. not many guys can retire as a champ. respect to him if he can stay retired .if it is just a negotiation tactic good luck .dana doesnt give a fuuck . he has had to negotiate with people for the last 20 years . tito and randy were trying to leave when they were the only guys the ufc had . bj penn took off and went to fight for k1 heros . GSP retired twice and dana doesnt give a shit . all those guys are bigger stars and had a way bigger fan base than triple C. if he is doing this as a negotiation tactic he would have been wise to keep that shit to himself for a while. throwing money talks out there right after saying you are retiring is showing all your cards. dumb move by henry

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Tall poppies. Dana will tell him to kick stones, and then dissolve the bantamweight division.