Lifestyle Chinese Flu Virus Quarantine Cooking Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
SuperPig @Willthiswork @Dick Niaz Splinty @Splinty

Science says your tastebuds are lacking.

"How cilantro tastes to you has a lot to do with your genes," says SciShow's Hank Green. He explains that after conducting a few separate studies, scientists were able to pin down most cilantro haters as people with a shared group of olfactory-receptor genes, called OR6A2, that pick up on the smell of aldehyde chemicals. Aldehyde chemicals are found in both cilantro and soap. Uh, yummy?
it is interesting, people are usually all in or all out...the human taste sense is an amazing thing

cilantro has health benefits and tastes good with certain foods to me, I even eat a bushel as a salad sometimes if our garden has a surplus

but some foods that others love I will absolutely not taste or ingest...Humans are something

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
SuperPig @Willthiswork @Dick Niaz Splinty @Splinty

Science says your tastebuds are lacking.

"How cilantro tastes to you has a lot to do with your genes," says SciShow's Hank Green. He explains that after conducting a few separate studies, scientists were able to pin down most cilantro haters as people with a shared group of olfactory-receptor genes, called OR6A2, that pick up on the smell of aldehyde chemicals. Aldehyde chemicals are found in both cilantro and soap. Uh, yummy?
A proper taco, or even guacamole is not complete without cilantro.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My dad's gf hates Cilantro. I never understood it, it tastes like fuck all to me, while investigating coriander (that's what they call in in English) I saw that it divides opinion.

I agree with you about certain foods. I won't eat offal. Or dog livers. I don't even eat pork, let me explain, I will eat bacon, sausages, ham, but if it's a pork chop, minced pork, belly pork

Nah fuck that
I read somewhere that some people's taste buds make it taste like soap to them.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Picked some herbs out of the garden this morning for the chicken, the kitchen smells amazing

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
while investigating coriander (that's what they call in in English) I

Maybe, but cilantro and coriander are used to define different parts of the Coriandrum sativum here. cilantro is the leaves of The plant while coriander are the dried, often ground into powder, seeds.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Got some Dutch processes cocoa coming in today. Going to actually make homemade brownies, instead of the boxed ones I tricked y'all with last time. As always we will be using King Arthur flour, there's no point it buying any other kind.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Chicken is in the oven at 350. Should take about 2 hours. House is going to smell amazing.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Damn Splinty @Splinty. I thought I was going to show off my super cool homemade from scratch king arthur sourdough brownies.... And then you drop that bomb.

Here's my stupid brownies.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Damn Splinty @Splinty. I thought I was going to show off my super cool homemade from scratch king arthur sourdough brownies.... And then you drop that bomb.

Here's my stupid brownies.
So I have to ask... What's so special about sour dough? I'll eat it but you seem super stoked about it. I have a buddy who loves it too but I've never really understood.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So I have to ask... What's so special about sour dough? I'll eat it but you seem super stoked about it. I have a buddy who loves it too but I've never really understood.
It's like a science experiment. And it's got a pretty good flavor. I really like it with pancakes and bagels.