Lifestyle Chinese Flu Virus Quarantine Cooking Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I had to use my cupboard soba noodles but this was brilliant. Patting myself on the back knowing how to make a chinese master stick blindfold.

i made char sui pork the other day and saved some for this soup. Added some Chinese broccoli and Chinese mushrooms

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I had to use my cupboard soba noodles but this was brilliant. Patting myself on the back knowing how to make a chinese master stick blindfold.

i made char sui pork the other day and saved some for this soup. Added some Chinese broccoli and Chinese mushrooms
How do they stay fresh all the way from China?

Also you shouldn't eat pork

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think I'm going to smoke a chicken today. Then use the left overs to make chicken salad. Then tomorrow I'll make fresh Italian rolls, and make chicken salad subs. Fawk yes.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Welp. I forgot to thaw the chicken out. Tomorrow we do the chicken!
There's a trick to thawing meat out that removes bacteria safely. I can't remember what it is. But I think it was along the lines of don't force it with warm water or some shit like that .

Never done it myself

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I wish I had taken pics of all the hours of work that got be here, but these were last night’s fish tacos. Grilled cod, homemade everything (red cabbage and carrot slaw, cilantro lime crema, pico de gallo), plus queso fresco, habanero/lime hot sauce, avocado and a few other accrutriments on top of charred tortillas.

Making shrimp tacos tonight with the leftovers!

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I wish I had taken pics of all the hours of work that got be here, but these were last night’s fish tacos. Grilled cod, homemade everything (red cabbage and carrot slaw, cilantro lime crema, pico de gallo), plus queso fresco, habanero/lime hot sauce, avocado and a few other accrutriments on top of charred tortillas.

the hot sauce looks tasty as does the tacos

excellent

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

What'd you use for the broth?

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Looks good except fuck cilantro

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
SuperPig @Willthiswork Dick Niaz @Dick Niaz Splinty @Splinty

Science says your tastebuds are lacking.

"How cilantro tastes to you has a lot to do with your genes," says SciShow's Hank Green. He explains that after conducting a few separate studies, scientists were able to pin down most cilantro haters as people with a shared group of olfactory-receptor genes, called OR6A2, that pick up on the smell of aldehyde chemicals. Aldehyde chemicals are found in both cilantro and soap. Uh, yummy?