Chris Weidman: Michael Bisping would be my ‘easiest’ fight in years

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

‘All-American’ would love to challenge Bisping after UFC 204, as he believes it would be one of the easiest fights of his career.

Chris Weidman and Michael Bisping have been at each other's throats for a while now.

The rivalry heated up when Weidman, 32, said it was ‘embarrassing’ that Bisping was anointed as middleweight champion when he knocked out Luke Rockhold at UFC 199.

‘The Count’ went into the bout as a massive underdog and pulled off one of the biggest upsets in the history of the sport - right up there with Matt Serra’s TKO of Georges St-Pierre and Holly Holm’s knockout of Ronda Rousey.

Bisping went on to defend his title against MMA legend Dan Henderson at UFC 204, earning a unanimous decision after a thrilling five-rounds of action at the Manchester Arena in England.

Weidman: Bisping fight would be ‘easiest’ in years

Last edited:

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Theres very very few fighters in this world that would make me root for Bisping when fighting him.

Wideman coincidentally happens to be one of them.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Whilst he might be correct, he shouldn't be running his mouth. He is popular cos he let's his fists do the talking and is usually respectful. Crap trash talking won't get him this fight.

The Conor phenomenon has become a bit of a plague :(

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
He is correct but as that guy above me said, talking hasn't been his forte and shouldn't be something he does......

He has his hands full with Yoel so best worry about that monster before going after anyone else in the division.

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
Whilst he might be correct, he shouldn't be running his mouth. He is popular cos he let's his fists do the talking and is usually respectful. Crap trash talking won't get him this fight.

The Conor phenomenon has become a bit of a plague :(
He's gotta make money. Gotta step up the trash game. Don't like it just the way it is. Otherwise he is going to Co-main his career away.

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
He won't get the fight by trash talking.
He will get the fight by building his brand. Get ready. We are going to see everyone trying to be a McGregor knockoff for a bit. Weidman will get a title shot soon. No doubt. Just has to dispatch of Yoel first. He is most likely just trying to generate interest and excitement so he doesn't get stuck co-maining McGregor Diaz 3.

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
weidman came to a fund raiser that was used to help save my nephews life

#teamweidman forever

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
pretty sure its a done deal for weidman if he beats Yoel. That's a big if

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
"All Americans" don't wipe their nose with the flag. If he got carried out on a stretcher and never fought again, I wouldn't care less. Quite frankly I'd celebrate the occasion if he were carried out draped with a white cloth over him, but I won't say that, because that might hurt some people's feelings. That said, fuck Bisping too.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Weidman will have that belt again. Like him or not, it's all just talk. A fighter opens his mouth nowadays and people feel their pussy got stepped on. He has a legitmate chance to beat Romero, depending of course what "supplements" Romero can get away with using this time. He is just that talented. Not even a big fan of the guy, he has zero charisma, etc., but inside the cage he looks like he can be/become the champ for a long time.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
don't underestimate bisping though, he is really squirmy on the ground and gets back to his feet really well, and is pretty damn hard to finish these days. Ask Hendo and Anderson. And Weidman has been known to gas. Weidman can KO bisping, but he better make sure his cardio is on point just in case