Conor McGregor opens as betting favorite over Eddie Alvarez

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Even though a fight between the two men is nowhere near getting booked, Conor McGregor is a betting favorite over UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez.

With the recent news that Conor McGregor hurt his foot in his UFC 202 bout with Nate Diaz and isn't going to be medically cleared for a while, an upcoming bout between him and UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez seems unlikely. That never stops a linemaker though. The betting odds for a prospective bout between the two is out, and McGregor is the favorite:

Only one major book has dropped a line so far - Bovada. Alvarez isn't likely to enjoy this line, considering all the things he's had to say about Conor in recent weeks. Dana White recently shot down a third bout with Diaz right away for Conor, saying he either had to go…

McGregor opens as betting favorite over Alvarez

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
This fight will happen because Connor want to be 2 division champion. I don't know how Dana handles this without making Connor give up his belt

Buff Bagginz

NO KNOWN WEAKNESSES
Nov 13, 2015
This is the fight they should book next. Aldo rematch is too soon.

Hell, with all the times that Aldo pulled out the first time we cant count on that guy showing up.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
aldo loses one time in 10 years and people act like he is shit now and deserves nothing thanks to conor mcgregors mouth

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Conor will put him to sleep.
I don't agree. Eddie always rises to the occasion in fights like this. I think he will grind the shit out of Conor with clinch work against the fence and takedowns. Also Eddie has KO power so once Conor gases and takes shots it could be over.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I too think the McGregor vs Alvarez fight will somehow happen. Who wins? Can't decide at this time, but my gut says Conor.

Luis Firpo MF

Banned
Jul 14, 2016
I don't agree. Eddie always rises to the occasion in fights like this. I think he will grind the shit out of Conor with clinch work against the fence and takedowns. Also Eddie has KO power so once Conor gases and takes shots it could be over.
Except when he gave it a good go against Chandler the first time but ended up taking an ass-whooping and getting strangled.

In fact it's a hell of a coincidence that if you double the rounds it took to get finished, the Eddie situation with Chandler is very similar to Conor's with Nate. Did well early in the 1st fight before getting hurt and choked out then winning a controversial decision in the rematch.

For the record I was rooting for Eddie both times. That fourth round in the first fight sucked, especially, since you knew he wasn't getting paid shit.

Luis Firpo MF

Banned
Jul 14, 2016
I too think the McGregor vs Alvarez fight will somehow happen. Who wins? Can't decide at this time, but my gut says Conor.
My friend and I have been watching Eddie since Dream in 2008. He is very good and has remarkable recuperative ability, but he usually gets rocked pretty easily when he gets aggressive. I'd take Conor in that match-up if it happens next

I'm still not sure about that Dos Anjos fight. RDA wasn't there mentally. However how could he be when he would've been making seven figures in a favorable match-up against Conor on PPV or fight Eddie on Fight Pass on a Thursday when nobody, but us hardcores were watching?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Eddie doesn't work at the same pace that McGregor works at. Against Cerrone he threw 62 significant strikes in the first round, and dropping to 36 and 39 in rounds two and three, respectively. To put it into perspective, McGregor threw 58 in the first round, 70 in the second round, and 'gassed' threw 45 in the third.

That's while pacing himself for a five round fight. In the fourth he upped his output to 76 strikes a round. McGregor doesn't have a cardio problem, he had a Nate Diaz problem.

Last edited:

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Eddie doesn't work at the same pace that McGregor works at. Against Cerrone he threw 62 significant strikes in the first round, and dropping to 36 and 39 in rounds two and three, respectively. To put it into perspective, McGregor threw 58 in the first round, 70 in the second round, and 'gassed' threw 45 in the third.

That's while pacing himself for a five round fight. In the fourth he upped his output to 76 strikes a round. McGregor doesn't have a cardio problem, he had a Nate Diaz problem.
Conor def has a cardio problem. Either way I see Eddie winning this fight. Eddie has been in the game along time. He lost to Cerrone in his UFC debut and we have seen what a stud Donald is. He beat Gil and he beat Pettis, and he also KOd Dos Anjos who was looking like a straight up killer. Eddie has fought top comp since he got Into the UFC. He will adjust to a gameplan for Conor and do his thing.

Regardless he should be defending that belt he has. That is just BS. Also deserves a shot at redemption same as Conor thought he did against Nate.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Eddie has a real TD threat in his game though. I think Conor can avoid being taken down the first couple of rounds if he fights sensibly. After that, though, I'm not sure. If Eddie can make it to round 3 I like his chances.