Society Corona - Stock Market thinktank

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Sin stocks usually do OK in a downturn.
Some even have better sales than they did before the pullback.

Pretty big fluctuations when you look at STZ 5 yr chart.

May I ask what kind of programm, app or service you are using to get those screenshots?

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Delta Airlines (DAL)

After 3 days of support in the $35 range it is getting smoked again. Down 18% so far today, currently trading under $26 (30 days ago it was $60)

Is this thing headed to sub a $10 stock?
Brutal.
How is Delta Airlines when you fly with them?
Is it good for travellers?
I mean service, prices, do they fly to lots of places etc. ?
thanks!

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Energy and Oil stocks getting fleeced today.

Russia/Saudi not playing nice in the sandbox and America's demand has slowed considerably with work furloughs/layoffs.

Supply/Demand 101. $22.29/bbl

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
any thoughts on TIPS?
i read the Treasury is on an unlimited bond-buying spree.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Dems have to pass the stimulus today. The only reason they were able to block yesterday is because some GOP members are in quarantine.

But to block it today would be career suicide.

So get ready stock market...

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Dems have to pass the stimulus today. The only reason they were able to block yesterday is because some GOP members are in quarantine.

I’m feeling pessimistic.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
PLNT - Planet Fitness

52 week high $88.77
Currently at $39.65

Most of their income is based on memberships. They might see a drop in new members for the next month, but their profits should continue. As most know - you pay for those memberships whether you go there or not.

Following this one. It saw some support at $50 last week but has since fallen under $40 during today's insanity.
This dropped to $23.77
Rebounded and is sitting at $37.47
Pre-market is $40.40

Still sitting at 1/2 price to previous 52 week highs.

Everyone talking about how much weight they have gained sitting on their ass, and there will likely be a heavy desire for social interaction once the restrictions are lifted.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This dropped to $23.77
Rebounded and is sitting at $37.47
Pre-market is $40.40

Still sitting at 1/2 price to previous 52 week highs.

Everyone talking about how much weight they have gained sitting on their ass, and there will likely be a heavy desire for social interaction once the restrictions are lifted.
I didn’t take your advice and buy any unfortunately. Hoping it gets back down in the 20’s again.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

Back over $20k
Up 7.6%

Last edited:

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
I have stopped for now. I did in fact get a little into Dior and Luis Vuitton. Ask me how they did in 4-5 years. hoping to buy more still.

At the moment it's a crazy time because events can switch with the latest real life news (cure is found vs. queen dies of Corona, or how countries proceed with their reactions) and no amount of chart analysis from any "expert" can predict when they find a cure or how much HEART the people will have in overcoming this.

One thing I know though, there should be a massive reward and celebration for all the people working right now in these times (cops, supermarket personell, waste mgmt, doctors and hospital personnel and so forth).

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

Dems still being pathetic assholes, and Pelosi should be fucking ashamed of herself. The way they've handled this, it almost guarantees the Dems will lose the election in November. Trump will destroy them for this obstruction, and this nightmare will still be fresh on everyone's minds.

Trump eases worry by saying he wants businesses open by Easter. The market explodes.

Biggest 1 day gain since 1933
Up $2122.98
11.37%

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Six Flags down 30% already today. (SIX)

52 week high of $59.52

Had a bit of a dead cat bounce on Friday, but is currently sitting at $11.81, down $5.10 on the day.
Started to come back. Sitting at $12.94.

Should be $30+ by the end of summer.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Futures up 3.9%
We won't have another day like tomorrow, but we might be in the green.

If the Dems stop trying to hide bullshit riders in a stimulus package meant to save the country's economy we might have a pretty good day.

Pelosi should be kicked out of the country. Enough already. She is batshit crazy.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Just found out they passed it!

Should be a good day as long as the Dems didn't fuck it all up with unnecessary bullshit.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Are we getting some of our money back? I have suppressors to buy.
People making less than $75k/yr get $1200
Married couples making under $150k/yr combined get $2400, plus an additional $500 per kid.

People making more than those amounts get a prorated amount, but people making $100k / $200k and over get nothing.