Society Corona - Stock Market thinktank

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
Put in a buy limit order for Chef once it hits 12.25, we made money on buying and selling this stock a few times.
Also picked up some shares of AMC @ $4.575. The stock value is a little lower than what we typically like to buy in at, BUT there are rumors of an Amazon acquisition. So that's interesting.
How did you come up w $12.25 for CHEF? You don't think it will go lower? Looks like it will

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My extended hours order went through. Picked up CHEF at 12.25.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Man, the hits keep coming for BA, may be time to abandon ship, who knows.
UPDATE: Delta Air to retire all of its 777 jets, in latest blow to Boeing
6:42 am ET May 15, 2020 (MarketWatch)
Print

By Claudia Assis, MarketWatch

Delta will offer more details on the changes to its fleet at a later date

Delta Air Lines Inc. plans to retire its 777 jumbo jets made by Boeing Co. and replace them with Airbus SE aircraft in another hit for the beleaguered U.S. plane maker.

Delta's 18 Boeing 777s will end service by the end of the year as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, the airline said Thursday.

"The retirement will accelerate the airline's strategy to simplify and modernize its fleet, while continuing to operate newer, more cost-efficient aircraft," Delta (DAL) said.

Delta will continue flying its fleet of long-haul, next-generation Airbus A350-900s, which burn 21% less fuel per seat than the 777s they will replace, the airline said.

Boeing (BA) did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The plane maker, still reeling from the worldwide grounding of its 737 Max aircraft, has struggled amid the pandemic as travel ground to a halt and its airline customers delay or forgo plane orders.

Boeing launched its 777 program in 1990, with the first deliveries being made in the mid-1990s.

Don't miss: Airline stocks take a dive after Boeing CEO warns of possible industry bankruptcy (Airline stocks take a dive after Boeing CEO warns of possible industry bankruptcy)

Delta was one of a few airlines to work with Boeing to develop the twin-jet, wide-body aircraft, which cleared new possibilities for non-stop, long-haul flights. Delta flew the planes from Atlanta to Johannesburg, from Los Angeles to Sydney, and other distant destinations.

The airline last month announced plans to accelerate the retirement of the MD-88 and MD-90 fleets to June.

Like its peers around the world, Delta has responded to the economic devastation caused by the coronavirus by cutting capacity and costs, furloughing employees, and parking aircraft and considering early aircraft retirements to reduce its operational complexity and cost.

Delta said Thursday it has parked more than 650 mainline and regional aircraft to match the decimated demand.

Despite the reduction in international passenger air travel, Delta's 777 fleet had been busy.

Since late April, the "workhorse" plane "has flown dozens of trips from Chicago and Los Angeles to Frankfurt to deliver mail to U.S. military troops abroad; operated between the U.S. and Asia to deliver thousands of pounds of critical, life-saving supplies to aid in the COVID-19 response; and carried thousands of U.S. citizens back to the U.S. from Sydney, Mumbai, Manila and other cities around the world," the company said.

Delta said more details on the timing of the 777's exit from the fleet will be disclosed at a later date.

The airline and other U.S. peers are receiving a government bailout. The recovery for airlines is expected to be slow, and in recent trading sessions airline stocks, including Delta's, hit new lows (Airline stocks suffer broad selloff as American, Delta fall to new COVID-19 lows).

So far this year, Delta shares have lost 68%, and Boeing shares are down 64%. That compares with losses of 13% and 19% for the S&P 500 index and the Dow Jones Industrial in the same period.

-Claudia Assis; 415-439-6400; AskNewswires@dowjones.com

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

May 15, 2020 06:42 ET (10:42 GMT)

Copyright (c) 2020 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
NVAX rising nicely again today.

Another stock I talked with my father about was RNG. He buys and sell's same day most of the time, he doubled his money in a few months on it doing this.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I took $3k profits to pay off our deck the other day and left my initial investment in BA, RFP, and MGM + $600 cash.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Fuck. Me. Running.
I had like 40 shares of ACB, I bought in around 70 cents a share, just with some change in the account.......
No winning, I sold it at 66 cents a share....

Last edited:

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have a few sell orders in, we shall see how they do. If CHEF hits $15, which it may today, I'll sell 80% of my shares and keep the remaining 20%, when CHEF dips down below $12.50 we will buy more again. If it doesn't dip that low again for a few weeks I will adjust my target buy.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
I signed my waiver to trade inverse ETF's this morning as an experiment, apparently they want you to know the risk is all yours.

Le Chat Noir
©

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
WTF is an inverse ETF?
It's an ETF that takes a short position....some mirror an index and some just for a sector, so that when the market drops it goes up.

Take a look at SCO (ProShares UltraShort Bloomberg Crude Oil ), when all the news hit on gas prices dropping it spiked.
I think they will be worth having in the tool belt for volatile times

Le Chat Noir
©