General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Only around 9,500 new cases in Florida today.

I'm disappointed. I really want to beat New York's April 15 record of 11,661.

M

member 3289

Give it a while, the rest of the rats fleeing the city will arrive shortly and infest your state.
Can't blame NY for our numbers, as much as I'd like to.

New York didn't reopen indoor dining at restaurants. They still don't have it.

New York didn't reopen bars and clubs in 70% of the state.

New York didn't look at the mild decline in cases in May and say "ok, let's open everything back up. Mission Accomplished!!!!"

But you know who did all those things?

STUPID. ASS. FLORIDA.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Abstract

We analysed human sewage located in Florianopolis (Santa Catalina, Brazil) from late October until the Brazil lockdown on early March. We detected SARS-CoV-2 in two samples collected independently on 27th November 2019 (5.49 ± 0.02 log genome copies/L). Subsequent samplings were positive until 4th March 2020 (coinciding with the first COVID-19 case reported in Santa Catalina), with a SARS-CoV-2 RNA increase of one log (6.68 ± 0.02 log genome copies/L). Our results show that SARS-CoV-2 has been circulating in Brazil since late November 2019, much earlier than the first reported case in the Americas (21st January 2020, USA).

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Splinty @Splinty

could you show this to your virologist friend and get his input? It's hard for me, an untrained goon, to cipher where the salient differences are between the Lab Theorists and the Natural Originists. But the lab seems like the simplest explanation, maybe that's why untrained goons like me gravitate to it.

Last edited:

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015

New York didn't look at the mild decline in cases in May and say "ok, let's open everything back up. Mission Accomplished!!!!"

STUPID. ASS. FLORIDA.

We have 3 cases in 100,000 the last few days, despite the best efforts from the moron kids, although I feel sorry for them, they did put in for their exam results and there isn't much release for them, still no excuse to shit up all the green spaces and collect in groups of 100s.

Pubs opening up now as well, we will see what it looks like in 2 weeks time.

Going to be a lot of dead bodies in your state in a few weeks at any rate, be up to a 1000 a day if the old numbers can be trusted,health service is better equipped now though, literally and figuratively so hopefully not.

Texas isn't looking too hot right now either, opened back up way too early.

Ps, I was throwing you a soft ball to shit on NY and NJ.

jerk

hard
May 10, 2019

CNN)A surprising new study found the controversial antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine helped patients better survive in the hospital. But the findings, like the federal government's use of the drug itself, were disputed.
A team at Henry Ford Health System in southeast Michigan said Thursday their study of 2,541 hospitalized patients found that those given hydroxychloroquine were much less likely to die.
Dr. Marcus Zervos, division head of infectious disease for Henry Ford Health System, said 26% of those not given hydroxychloroquine died, compared to 13% of those who got the drug. The team looked back at everyone treated in the hospital system since the first patient in March.

"Overall crude mortality rates were 18.1% in the entire cohort, 13.5% in the hydroxychloroquine alone group, 20.1% among those receiving hydroxychloroquine plus azithromycin, 22.4% among the azithromycin alone group, and 26.4% for neither drug," the team wrote in a report published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Knew this would happen, we don't like our state and federal governments overstepped boundaries....... Typical Texas style.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Only around 9,500 new cases in Florida today.

I'm disappointed. I really want to beat New York's April 15 record of 11,661.
Quality over quantity. Remember when I said we were using parking lot guards to staff quarantine facilities? How silly of me. We weren't just using parking lot guards to staff quarantine facilities, we were using parking lot guards to TRAIN the exploited immigrant labor on quarantine procedures...for 3 minutes...if they felt like it.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
We don't have a ton of cases here, but we've still got about 1 in 10 dying. Anyone else want this smoke?

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015

STUPID. ASS. FLORIDA.
And here you are badmouthing your home state when it has just done you a solid and removed a fight you don't want.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Well that sucks. I thought Masvidal was the better fight but I didn't want this fight canceled.
We are going to see MMA really get fucked in the ass now. With corona spreading like wildfire in the south and west, it's going to take out way more fighters than the northeast spike did.