Dana White not 'concerned' with Holm vs. Tate, expects Rousey to bounce back

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Dana White not 'concerned' with Holm vs. Tate, expects Rousey to bounce back - Bloody Elbow

Dana White not 'concerned' with Holm vs. Tate, expects Rousey to bounce back

By Lewis Mckeever@Mckeever89 on Dec 10, 2015, 1:00p 61

Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports

Dana White responds to Holly Holm's manager and hints at "The Preacher's Daughter" rematching Ronda Rousey in her first title defense.

 TWEET SHARE (92) PIN
On Tuesday, Holly Holm's manager said that the newly crowned bantamweight champion wanted to stay active and fight Miesha Tate while Ronda Rousey heals.

"The Preachers' Daughter" knocked out Rousey with a vicious head kick at UFC 193 last month and it's expected that "Rowdy" will be out of action for the foreseeable future: "It might be three to six months before I can eat an apple," the Olympic bronze medalist said in a recent interview.

Dana White responded to Holm's manager via the Los Angeles Times and sarcastically dismissed his concerns.

"We're real concerned with his opinion," the UFC president said in a sarcastic tone.

Many tried to analyse where things went wrong for Rousey at UFC 193, with fans voicing their concern over Ronda's overwhelming media obligations and personal issues. Dana White said the former champion had many things "going on in her head" and insists that Rousey will bounce back stronger than ever.

"Ronda is the fiercest competitor I have ever met in my life and she's also very proud," White said. "What made the world love Ronda is that Ronda absolutely 100% knew she was not going to lose. People rallied around this powerful female figure."

"Ronda's never lost a fight," said White. "She will overcome it and be back. She got clipped, stayed in there and tried to fight through it. She told me she was in there, she was rocked, and she'd never been rocked like that before. And the things that were going on in her head - what she was doing - she'd never been in that situation."

All signs seem to point towards a Holly Holm vs. Ronda Rousey rematch next summer, with Miesha Tate forced to wait for another title shot.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
This is why the Ali act must be applied to MMA, the actions of Dana White makes anything zuffa does look childish. Instead of making excuses and blocking fights, let Holm fight if she is that good when rousey comes back she will have her shot. I am not getting why he is so hell bent on blocking any fight. Holms wants to stay active, let he fight. If she gets beat by Tate then either she was lucky or Tate improved. Stop with the lame excuses why rousey got demolished. Bring the Ali act....FAST!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Got clipped? Never been in that situation before? What does her training camps look like? I'm not suggesting that most fighters spar so hard they go for the KO but FFS if her team isn't putting her into shit storm situations then they're not a good team. I'm still struggling with the got clipped part....

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Got clipped? Never been in that situation before? What does her training camps look like? I'm not suggesting that most fighters spar so hard they go for the KO but FFS if her team isn't putting her into shit storm situations then they're not a good team. I'm still struggling with the got clipped part....
Well dana says alot of things, and while im sure he meant she hasnt lost a mma fight shes been beat before numerous times. Everyones lost at some point. But dana lives in a world of nevada driveway snow and nothing else matters.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
She didn't get "clipped" she got owned and hit with a baseball bat in the head.

...then hit 3 more times after she was out.

Ronda loses the rematch.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
All he sees is dollar signs, and he'll talk Ronda into another epic ass kicking to get them. Then after the check has cleared, he'll throw Ronda under the bus.

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
I'm not sure what his problem is with Holm fighting again before next July. Let her fight Tate, if Holm wins you still get your huge rematch with Ronda. If Holm loses, you still get your rematch with Ronda so she can "beat this chick" and talk a bunch of trash, the rematch still draws huge numbers, .....and you have Tate defend the title....winner of Holm v Ronda 2 fights winner of Tate title defense.

M

member 1013

BLAF just loves Honda cuz she's a real boxer like him, not like that fake Holly Holm.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
At the end of the day, Dana doesn't give a fly fuck about anything or anyone except his wallet and himself. He's a stubborn fuck and won't change his mind on this no matter the fan out cry.
We can all sit back and start boycotting the UFC but hardcore fans like people on forums make up a tiny percent of those who buy tickets, merch, and PPV.
It's obvious that the Reebok deal should not have happened. fighters don't like it, fans don't like it, but Dana did. Fighters can't get out of their contracts so they are stuck with it. And so many people think that MMA=UFC that the numbers aren't effected either.
Dana has the biggest gape ever to be able to fit his over inflated head up his ass.

Sorry for ranting, but i can't stand that the guy doesn't care about his fans or fighters and there isn't much anyone can do about it

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
CorrectTE="TheEmperorRises, post: 236881, member: 1575"]All he sees is dollar signs, and he'll talk Ronda into another epic ass kicking to get them. Then after the check has cleared, he'll throw Ronda under the bus.[/QUOTE]
Correct

aghof

an person
Apr 15, 2015
This is what makes the sport so great: the world's greatest fighter - the most competitive, dominant, unbreakable athlete of all time, a once-in-a-species organism if ever there was one - can be temporarily vanquished by a mere 'clip'.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Dana White unconcerned with Rousey's health: Books rematch with wrecking machine Holly Holm

Dana White responds to Holly Holm's manager and demands "The Preacher's Daughter" rematch Ronda Rousey in her first title defense.

On Tuesday, Holly Holm's manager said that the newly crowned bantamweight champion wanted to stay active and fight Miesha Tate while Ronda Rousey heals from the ass whipping his client handed out.

"The Preachers' Daughter" knocked out Rousey with a vicious head kick at UFC 193 last month and it's expected that "Rowdy" will be out of action for the foreseeable future: "It might be three to six months before I can eat an apple," the Olympic bronze medalist said in a recent interview.

Dana White responded to Holm's manager via the Los Angeles Timesand sarcastically dismissed his concerns.

"We're real concerned with his opinion," the UFC president said in a sarcastic tone, adding "who gives a shit what Holly wants? Amiright?"

Many tried to analyse where things went wrong for Rousey at UFC 193, with fans voicing their concern over her clear lack of knowledge concerning footwork, octagon control and head movement. Dana White said the former champion just missed her hotels wake up call and just needed "a good nights sleep".

"Ronda is the fiercest competitor I have ever met in my life and Ronda's also very proud," White said, choking back tears. "What made the world love Ronda is that Ronda absolutely 100% knew Ronda was not going to lose. Our mistake, and I take full responsibility for this- we didn't let Holly Holm know this as well. Had we told her, maybe things would have gone differently for Ronda. People rallied around this powerful female figure, whom the Gods christened 'Ronda Rousey'. She back. Trust me, she back."

"Ronda's never lost a fight," said White "She will overcome it and fight ASAP. She got clipped, a lot, repeatedly....but she didn't even bleed that much so I assume it wasn't that bad. She told me she was in there, she was rocked, and she'd never been rocked like that before, even though she's a rock star and was living the rock star life. The things that were going on in her head - what she was doing - she was scheming her next move. I think the fight was stopped before she could pounce, which is unfortunate".

All signs seem to point towards a Holly Holm vs. Ronda Rousey rematch next summer, with Miesha Tate forced to eat shit yet again.

Oct 24, 2015
Dana is such a punk. Holly can make money on another fight before the rematch and he acts like a hurt bitch. Ronda isn't changing camps she is going to get worked again. Holly has Jackson MMA and will only get better on the ground. Sad to see this lame fucking with people's livelihoods.

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
the UFC president said in a sarcastic tone, adding "who gives a shit what Holly wants? Amiright?"

Seriously, fuck Dana White!