Dana White says McGregor is ‘hurt’, wants him to rematch Jose Aldo

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

The UFC president says Conor McGregor’s foot is hurt and wants the Irishman to defend his featherweight title against Aldo.

The last couple of weeks in the MMA world have been confusing, to say the least.

UFC 205, which will host the promotion’s long awaited debut in New York, was expected to feature a lightweight championship showdown between Eddie Alvarez and Conor McGregor in the main event. After several conflicting reports, however, it’s now looking like Alvarez will defend the 155-pound title against Khabib Nurmagomedov instead.

Upon KO’ing Rafael dos Anjos at UFC Fight Night 90, newly-crowned champion Alvarez campaigned for a big money fight against ‘The Notorious’. No. 1 contender Nurmagomedov, however, posted photos of two signed contracts to face Alvarez and UFC Tonight…

White: Conor’s foot is ‘hurt’, he should fight Aldo

Last edited:
M

member 603

Damn... Dana's got me agreeing with him on who Conor should fight....... What the hell is happening???

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
F that. Let the foot heel, then fight for the lw title.
I hope you didn't mention vacating the FW title as it's an obvious assumption? Imo LW is deep enough now that there's more deserving guys to face Eddie. I think Conor is better suited for LW but if he goes up then dump the strap and face a top 3-5 first then go from there. Going 1-1 at LW against Diaz shouldn't warrant a title fight, I'd like to see a bit of sport mixed in with the spectacle right now.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
That's funny, I don't remember him kicking anyone's ass recently.
Perhaps he caught Overeemitis.

M

member 3289

I hope you didn't mention vacating the FW title as it's an obvious assumption?
Aldo doesn't really deserve the rematch yet and other champs have kept their belts longer without defending them.

Imo LW is deep enough now that there's more deserving guys to face Eddie. I think Conor is better suited for LW but if he goes up then dump the strap and face a top 3-5 first then go from there. Going 1-1 at LW against Diaz shouldn't warrant a title fight, I'd like to see a bit of sport mixed in with the spectacle right now.
The fact that he's the FW champ and the promotion's biggest star warrants a title fight at 155. He doesn't need to fight anyone but the champ.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I hope you didn't mention vacating the FW title as it's an obvious assumption? Imo LW is deep enough now that there's more deserving guys to face Eddie. I think Conor is better suited for LW but if he goes up then dump the strap and face a top 3-5 first then go from there. Going 1-1 at LW against Diaz shouldn't warrant a title fight, I'd like to see a bit of sport mixed in with the spectacle right now.
Yeah, I've posted that before (vacating). There is no one more deserving than Conor. This isn't a tournament. This is prize fighting.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah, I've posted that before (vacating). There is no one more deserving than Conor. This isn't a tournament. This is prize fighting.
I'd be onboard more if he left FW behind, doesn't make sense for Jose to have an interm while the real champ is looking to fight up a division. I also agree about this being prize fighting but they still try to be to a sport with rankings. I enjoy just watching exciting fights but I also like the sporting aspect and would like to see McG do one more at LW before fighting Eddie or whoever the champ is at that time.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
Dana knows for a fact conor's foot is hurt. Kinda feels like dana broke it himself

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
First it was his knee, now it's his foot, next week it'll be his ankle. The only consistent thing will be the lies.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Aldo should get the next shot without question. Conor is holding up fw, and sticking his nose at lw without vacating the strap. Defend or vacate.

The fact that some people actually defend Conor for not defending his belt is baffling

Last edited:

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
I do think McGregor devalues the FW division by not defending, whereas should Dan Henderson somehow beat Bisping, I do not feel like MW would be at all devalued if he retired.

As far as LW belt, I think it's good for people to have dreams, but he needs to show somehow he's not merely an average fighter at 155 with more money to throw at it than everyone else. He devalued FW by losing to Diaz, his last performance showed that he had to injure himself in order to sort of win, so that makes him less dependable at LW as well...idk.

I think if he defends his FW belt successfully a couple of times, then his champ vs. champ thing is revitalized and he can fight for the LW title.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
First it was his knee, now it's his foot, next week it'll be his ankle. The only consistent thing will be the lies.
The dude knows he's in the final stages of contract talks, yet he still says shit like this. Is he a compulsive liar? A shit stirrer? It makes no sense to keep destroying his own credibility like this. Or maybe he is kept out of the loop these days?