Dana White says McGregor vs Aldo will be in Las Vegas if Conor wins on Sunday

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
[video=dailymotion;x2eylpi]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2eylpi_dana-white-says-mcgregor-vs-aldo-will-be-in-las-vegas-if-conor-beats-siver_sport[/video]

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Anyone believe this will actually go down in Vegas? Knowing Zuffa, would it shock anyone if they find an excuse to make this fight in Ireland? (venue issues in Vegas, etc)

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Jesus Christ. They couldn't wait until after tomorrow night to discuss this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Im sure they already have it mapped out for Ireland. While I dislike Aldo, I really do not care for the ground Conor stands on, not because of him personally, but because of how dirtbag has handled this. The IG post laying by the pool with Conor drinking god knows what. That isnt how a President of an organization or company should act. It all screams to me WWE scripted. Why if your being pushed as a bad man face a challenger thats ranked far behind and not one of these 1. Chad Mendes 2. Cub Swanson 3. Frankie Edgar 4. Ricardo Lamas, why does a win over someone like Siver almost grant you a title shot with out having to face the top guys? because its called the UFC the MMA leader of scripted entertainment.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/champ-...in-brazil-but-ufc-boss-says-las-vegas-to-host

"In UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo’s ideal world, Conor McGregor will emerge victorious in tonight’s UFC Fight Night 59 headliner and then head to the champ’s native Brazil for a title shot.

UFC President Dana White, meanwhile, seems to have other plans.

While McGregor (16-2 MMA, 4-0 UFC) must first get by Dennis Siver (22-9 MMA, 11-6 UFC) in tonight’s FOX Sports 1-televised UFC Fight Night 59 headliner at Boston’s TD Garden, his potential bout with Aldo (25-1 MMA, 7-0 UFC) has already been a frequent topic of conversation. And while Brazil, McGregor’s native Ireland and Las Vegas have all been mentioned as possible host sites, it appears the latter has won out."

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

they flew in Aldo to get the stand off after the fight, Aldo said if Conor lost, he would beat him up too, lol

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Well its all a BS scripted event. Fighting a guy whos ranked behind you for a title shot is beyond me. What about the 4 guys already at the top, do they not matter?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
dacofty;n2296 said:
Well its all a BS scripted event. Fighting a guy whos ranked behind you for a title shot is beyond me. What about the 4 guys already at the top, do they not matter?

Seems like a reasonable question.

M

they can't do it in Ireland, the time difference is too big

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
Morpheus1976;n2453 said:
they can't do it in Ireland, the time difference is too big
don't they also have a curfew for stadium events of 11pm in the city they wanted? i think i read that somewhere.

M

ministry of silly walks;n2455 said:
don't they also have a curfew for stadium events of 11pm in the city they wanted? i think i read that somewhere.
12 pm, yeah

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Seems like a waste not doing this in Brazil or Ireland. They could do really huge shows. But I guess LV is neutral ground so to speak.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Mad Dog;n2616 said:
Seems like a waste not doing this in Brazil or Ireland. They could do really huge shows. But I guess LV is neutral ground so to speak.

I agree. Ireland or Brazil would be huge...should be in Brazil, being that Aldo is champ.