Debate of the Century

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

TIME:
The debate will begin at 9 p.m. ET on CNN and other major networks. It will last 90 minutes, with no commercials and no breaks.

MODERATOR: The debate will be moderated by "NBC Nightly News" anchor Lester Holt.

DEBATE FORMAT: The debate will be divided into six segments of 15 minutes each. The first two segments will focus on "America's Direction." The next two segments will focus on "Achieving Prosperity" (the economy). The final two segments will focus on "Securing America" (national security and foreign policy).

SEGMENT FORMAT: Each segment will begin with a question. One candidate will have two minutes to respond, then the other candidate will have two minutes to respond. That will be followed by 10 minutes of open debate and discussion. (The missing one minute in each segment will presumably be taken up by the question itself, as well as the candidates' inevitably using more than the allotted time for their answers.)

WHO GOES FIRST?: Due to the results of a coin toss, the first question of the debate will go to Clinton. The same question will then be asked to Trump. In the second segment, the order will be reversed, with the lead-off question going to Trump, then Clinton. And so on

Hillary Clinton

Strengths
  • extensive preparation
  • the moderator will not attempt to make her look stupid in fear of being assassinated

Weaknesses
  • robotic personality
  • long-winded
  • likely has Parkinson's Disease
  • can't stop lying

Donald Trump

Strengths
  • master showman
  • charismatic
  • big hands, big dick

Weaknesses
  • no known weaknesses

Splinty @Splinty pin this shit, live this shit

Last edited:

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Is Lester Holt the right person for the job? Anybody you feel would be better?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Is Lester Holt the right person for the job? Anybody you feel would be better?
I don't have a problem with it. He's a pretty moderate guy.

Matt Lauer who is extremely liberal, seem to give a really fair performance during the commander in chief Town Hall.

Lester Holt disagrees with Trump often, but I can't think of anywhere he has just been wildly unprofessional.

I have a lot more concerns when I see people on Twitter and blogs that are involved with television calling for pre designating Hillary as the winner to give her a hand no matter the outcome of the debate.

I expect Holt will do a perfectly fine job. I don't expect much of the follow-up to be rooted in reality.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I don't have a problem with it. He's a pretty moderate guy.

Matt Lauer who is extremely liberal, seem to give a really fair performance during the commander in chief Town Hall.

Lester Holt disagrees with Trump often, but I can't think of anywhere he has just been wildly unprofessional.

I have a lot more concerns when I see people on Twitter and blogs that are involved with television calling for pre designating Hillary as the winner to give her a hand no matter the outcome of the debate.

I expect Holt will do a perfectly fine job. I don't expect much of the follow-up to be rooted in reality.
I don't follow politics as much as I should but I do enjoy watching debates. Is there a way I can view/listen to this on my phone whole on the treadmill at all? It looks like it starts shortly after I get off work and i usially go for a run or ride.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Should the moderators call out the candidates on lying?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
MNF starts at 8:30. A clever job of scheduling by the Democrat-loving media. An obvious attempt to keep people from seeing how dire things have become with Hillary.

I will watch the game and DVR the debate. During commercials I will click over to watch it in real time, and if I happen to notice that Hillary filled up her Depends or is having some sort of seizure I will probably keep watching.

But if it's just more of her lies and pathetic pandering...CLICK.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
You might as well ask them not to breathe.

Especially Hillary. She lies so much she believes herself.
It's not asking them to stop lying. It's pointing out to people when they are lying and questioning them on why they are lying. Why should either get away with lying to the public?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
It's not asking them to stop lying. It's pointing out to people when they are lying and questioning them on why they are lying. Why should either get away with lying to the public?
There is always a fact check done the following morning when we find out everything said by both candidates was a total load of shit.

Too hard to do it in real time.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Can't believe the Dems were able to schedule this opposite of MNF. I didn't think Trump would ever agree to that.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
They should have put the vice presidential debate on as an undercard.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Can't believe the Dems were able to schedule this opposite of MNF. I didn't think Trump would ever agree to that.
Trump doesnt give a fuck about the NFL, remember the USFL and all the great players he took from the NFL. He will reach a whole new audience tonight since you know a huge portion of liberals have no interest in football.