Dominick Cruz upset with referee over stoppage at UFC 249, claims he ‘smelled like alcohol and cigar

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You want Peterson fired because a cutie pie account sent out a fake tweet, and you think that makes you mature. LOL. We are both dipshits for getting sucked in by it.

But even in the fantasy scenario where Peterson did actually send that tweet - LOL at thinking that wanting the victim of vicious slander to be fired for responding to said slander makes you 'mature'. Incredible logic.

In that situation, you can either give the allegations credibility by threatening to sue Cruz or demanding an apology, which gives the whole story more oxygen and a chance for Cruz to double down and make it worse. Or you could mock the allegations and the person making them, thus pouring cold water on it and making the allegation seem rightly ridiculous.

Now, it would be a risky defence in case there were some athletic commission official with the same idiotic reaction as yourself. But it would not be an immature way of defending yourself. Threatening to sue would be immature, and that's where lots of people immediately turn to when slandered.
Morons like you are why our society is falling apart and people like the Kardashians are taken seriously...

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Morons like you are why our society is falling apart and people like the Kardashians are taken seriously...
It is fair to say that I am personally responsible for Kourtney and Kim being taken seriously, but let's be fair - if anybody takes Khloe seriously, you can't put that on me.

M

member 3289

It looked like a good stoppage to me at first. Then I watched it again and I thought that the ref could have let it go on but wasn't wrong for stopping it.

There have been way, way worse stoppages. Cejudo vs Dillashaw comes to mind.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
It wasn't great timing to actually stop the fight but it was a good stoppage in my mind, Dom got blasted by that knee and took a lot of undefended shots to the head in the follow up.

He also couldn't touch Henry bar a few leg kicks either way, he hadn't a fucking prayer in that fight and it was obvious from about a minute in.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
It looked like a good stoppage to me at first. Then I watched it again and I thought that the ref could have let it go on but wasn't wrong for stopping it.

There have been way, way worse stoppages. Cejudo vs Dillashaw comes to mind.

Henry is good at swarming quickly when he has someone hurt and forcing the refs to make hard judgement calls.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Seemed a little early to me. Lots of shots landing, but not lots of power and Dom was clearly moving. Looked like he was gonna be upright in less than a second.

Either way, making wild accusations against the ref is not a good look.