Endeavor’s financial problems are getting worse

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Endeavor’s financial problems seem to be getting worse.

On Monday, S&P Global Ratings reduced Endeavor’s credit rating over due to concerns stemming from the organization’s high-borrowing strategy and event cancellations as a result of a global pandemic.

“Based on data and news reported since, we now see the impact on U.S. GDP will be far more severe than we once thought, with the contraction showing up in the first-quarter figure and worsening substantially in the April-to-June period,” S&P said (h/t Forbes).

“Federal guidelines in the U.S. for social distancing will remain in place at least until April…

Endeavor’s financial problems are getting worse

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
they could probably pick up bellator for about tree fiddy right now too and make a super ufc smackdown vs raw scenario
I'd appreciate it if while they're at it, they revive PRIDE. Hype the shit out of it, and then just when everyone starts to get really excited turn it into a dogshit feeder promotion just to fuck with people.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
they could probably pick up bellator for about tree fiddy right now too and make a super ufc smackdown vs raw scenario
Bellator needs to exist as controlled opposition due to the whole monopsony thing.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
let me try this:

uhm uhm, Endeavor boss, boss = bad, Endeavor problems = good !

------------------------------

That postponed IPO sure did look unsettling. Would like to know more about their numbers (but to be perfectly honest, about them I don't care enough to really research it), but I imagine that they, with regards to the Talent Management and UFC parts would be in a much better situation than other industries.
I would imagine they have little fix costs (like they don't have to pay the actors, don't have to pay fighters now, costs for promo packages or whatever only come up when they produce that stuff), their competition is in a similar place and they don't have expensive factories & workers that produce material goods with a limited storing space and expiry date and especially a blocked supply chain.

Full disclosure:
Would I buy their stock though: most likely not as I don't "trust" in media/entertainment stock. too much up and down

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Isn't endeavor owned by the William Morris agency which is huge. I heard an interview a few days ago that had nothing to do with the UFC but the celebrity mentioned that almost every television show has to contact the William Morris agency prior to casting.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Isn't endeavor owned by the William Morris agency which is huge. I heard an interview a few days ago that had nothing to do with the UFC but the celebrity mentioned that almost every television show has to contact the William Morris agency prior to casting.
Endeavor isn't owned by William Morris, it is William Morris.