"Fingerless" gloves have got to go

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
These things are a hotmess

Amazing that they havent fixed the issue

If you told a boxing promoter from 1972 athletes would one day be fighting in something like this they would lose their damn mind for good reason

Its 2020 and we havent found a better options since 1993 for MMA?

AMAZING

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
The issue could be easily fixed but Dana doesn't give a fuck. They could simply do something similar to Pride glove
1593754279328.png

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Maybe the gloves BLAF wore during his fighting career would work...
Screen-Shot-2018-08-24-at-11.08.22.png

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Just admit you hate MMA and want the UFC to turn into kickboxing, u man teaser

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
these gloves. fingers are so big, won't poke the eye but still could grab the limbs
1593758471343.png

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I rewatched UFC 10 earlier today. Some had gloves, some were bare knuckle. Some had wrestling shoes, some had bare feet. All were topless, but Gary Goodridge wore a gi.

I wish todays’ commissions would allow for some more flexibility. Give the fighters some options on equipment and clothing. It would add a whole other element to see who uses what to their advantage.

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
I rewatched UFC 10 earlier today. Some had gloves, some were bare knuckle. Some had wrestling shoes, some had bare feet. All were topless, but Gary Goodridge wore a gi.

I wish todays’ commissions would allow for some more flexibility. Give the fighters some options on equipment and clothing. It would add a whole other element to see who uses what to their advantage.
yeah that's a great point it would be incredibly cool to see a little more variation as it brings so much more diversity to the game

Pancrace allowed kicks with shoes

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
No gloves at all
Let’s go back to head butts and eye gouging where necessary
If a fighter is not tough enough to fight a real fight, lose or die or be crippled, then one must ask, is he a real fighter????

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
Beat me to it. They are supposed to be very good, but unless Dana invents them he probably won't want to give anything new a shot. He certainly would not entertain the idea the Pride gloves were better.
Thats because Pride "everything" was better

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
No gloves at all
Let’s go back to head butts and eye gouging where necessary
If a fighter is not tough enough to fight a real fight, lose or die or be crippled, then one must ask, is he a real fighter????
Or.... we could consider a more intelligent glove designed to mitigate staving

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
the problem with the pride glove is that is bothers the grapplers
"The grappler" is always gonna bitch about gloves

"Grappling" is almost gone from UFC

its knockdown MMA with insta "standups" designed to please the slack-jawed pro wrestling fanboys

How else could characters like Derrick lewis remain relavent ??

Sluggers welfare

T

The Big Guy

We should just go arabian and start chopping off fingers of eye pokers

T

The Big Guy

I'm all for gloves but I fucking hate grappling with gloves. People grabbing the gloves to stop gnp or trapping hands cause of gloves is major. It's probably as big a factor as gi-nogi.

I'm not even mentioning the change to grips and slipping hands into tight places ;)

Guerrilla

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
Shooto gloves are best because of the curve but a full finger pocket that separated your fingers into a "vulcan" would be best, not disimilar to taping your fingers together 2 by 2

Although grapplers will initially protest once they realize it's harder to finger peel or finger pry your way out of choke holds then they will adopt the gloves with open arms

try grappling in a pair of muythai thumbless gloves and you'll see that its is quite easy to pull off most of your grips

You never really need to interlace your fingers or move them independently in a MMA contest