Gaethje vs Khabib

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Who ya picking?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I'd love for Justin to win, and I understand he's a wrestler, but khabib is undefeated, eats wrestlers for breakfast, and has never not been able to take people down and maul them. If money were on the line, I'd have to go with khabib.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Gaethje shows that a loss can be more productive than a win.. those 2 losses opened his eyes and lead to him having the right adjustments to be thr man he could be.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I thought beforehand that Tony would win. I said Justin would be a better challenge for khabib tho. Hopefully he can nullify his wrestling and smack it out.

Although khabib knocked the shit outta edson barboza. (I know Justin did too)

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I'd love for Justin to win, and I understand he's a wrestler, but khabib is undefeated, eats wrestlers for breakfast, and has never not been able to take people down and maul them. If money were on the line, I'd have to go with khabib.
Who is the best MMA wrestler Khabib has ever beaten? Kamal Shalorus? Al Iaquinta?

RDA has pretty good defensive wrestling and grappling I guess, but you'd hardly call him an elite MMA wrestler.

There's a lot of mythologizing about Khabib's wrestling but it's just simply not true that 'he has never not been able to take people down' - Tibau outwrestled him. He is going to struggle with a truly elite guy.

Khabinhas has had a somewhat fortunate run at 155. You look at 170 and you realize that 155 lacks elite MMA wrestling. Gaethje has the pedigree to potentially make that luck run out.

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
Who is the best MMA wrestler Khabib has ever beaten? Kamal Shalorus? Al Iaquinta?

RDA has pretty good defensive wrestling and grappling I guess, but you'd hardly call him an elite MMA wrestler.

There's a lot of mythologizing about Khabib's wrestling but it's just simply not true that 'he has never not been able to take people down' - Tibau outwrestled him. He is going to struggle with a truly elite guy.

Khabinhas has had a somewhat fortunate run at 155. You look at 170 and you realize that 155 lacks elite MMA wrestling. Gaethje has the pedigree to potentially make that luck run out.

I'm sure I've agreed with you before once or twice but I definitely agree with this.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

He switched to aka right after the tibau fight (tibau had stopped 92% of takedowns in his career at that point as well, so good on him). You are grasping at straws to pull out one fight, years ago (2012), where khabib wasn't successful in taking someone down. Shame on me for setting it up with my statement though. Ok, so we have a 28-0 fighter who has taken his opponents down at will in 27 of those contests.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
He switched to aka right after the tibau fight (tibau had stopped 92% of takedowns in his career at that point as well, so good on him). You are grasping at straws to pull out one fight, years ago (2012), where khabib wasn't successful in taking someone down. Shame on me for setting it up with my statement though. Ok, so we have a 28-0 fighter who has taken his opponents down at will in 27 of those contests.
Responding to an objectively false statement with an objectively accurate one is grasping at straws? You seem to have a very strange understanding of what that phrase means.

I'm not saying a young, green Khabib getting outgrappled by a roided up Tibau means he is a shit wrestler. What I'm saying is that there is no basis to believe Khabib's wrestling is unstoppable because we have literally seen it be stopped before and he hasn't outwrestled anyone in MMA good enough to prove it.

Ask yourself these two questions: who is the best wrestler Khabib has beaten? And does outwrestling that person justify a belief that Khabib is an unstoppable MMA wrestler? The answers quite clearly are: nobody that good and therefore no.

Khabib has been fortunate to fight an assembly line of strikers in big fights like Conor, Dustin and Barboza with a few semi-decent but non-elite MMA grapplers thrown in.

Maybe Khabib will prove he really is capable of dominating elite wrestlers. Until he does, people are drastically inflating his actual grappling accomplishments. I'm a Khabib fan. I just realize he is more limited than many think he is.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Responding to an objectively false statement with an objectively accurate one is grasping at straws? You seem to have a very strange understanding of what that phrase means.

I'm not saying a young, green Khabib getting outgrappled by a roided up Tibau means he is a shit wrestler. What I'm saying is that there is no basis to believe Khabib's wrestling is unstoppable because we have literally seen it be stopped before and he hasn't outwrestled anyone in MMA good enough to prove it.

Ask yourself these two questions: who is the best wrestler Khabib has beaten? And does outwrestling that person justify a belief that Khabib is an unstoppable MMA wrestler? The answers quite clearly are: nobody that good and therefore no.

Khabib has been fortunate to fight an assembly line of strikers in big fights like Conor, Dustin and Barboza with a few semi-decent but non-elite MMA grapplers thrown in.

Maybe Khabib will prove he really is capable of dominating elite wrestlers. Until he does, people are drastically inflating his actual grappling accomplishments. I'm a Khabib fan. I just realize he is more limited than many think he is.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but apparently you do. That's fine. Take a look at resumes and tell me if gaethje has been matched up with elite wrestlers. This is a two way street. Go ahead and discount khabib's russian fights since they aren't division 1 wrestlers if you will, but the guy has the best record in the business, and is the man until proven otherwise. That is my point of view.

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
I don't have a dog in this fight, but apparently you do. That's fine. Take a look at resumes and tell me if gaethje has been matched up with elite wrestlers. This is a two way street. Go ahead and discount khabib's russian fights since they aren't division 1 wrestlers if you will, but the guy has the best record in the business, and is the man until proven otherwise. That is my point of view.
I'm gonna use a knife and fork for your tears when Justin fucks him up.