Going to Texas TME

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

I'm taking a road trip out there next weekend (July 8-10) to help a friend move. The drive is gonna suck but I've never been to the Lonestar State so it's a new experience.

Does everyone really drive a truck and open-carry a shotgun like in the movies?

Is the state really half Mexicans like @Song2?

I'll be staying in the Dallas area and will probably go out Saturday night to watch UFC 200. If any of you live in that area and are also going out to watch the fights let me know so I know which places to avoid.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas is the best state I've ever lived in. Yes, most folks do drive a truck and lots of folks do have guns but don't open carry. Yes, Texas is about half Mexicans but the majority of Mexicans are cool as shit. They have pretty women and kick ass food. I'm from Houston can't really help you out about the Dallas Metroplex.

Last edited by a moderator:

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Stockyards is cool, not much else really. I remember seeing lots of lemonade and Dr Pepper available and Dairy Queen selling tacos. And I'm sure there's lots of great eating.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Be prepared to sweat your balls off this time of year and to deal with alot of fucked up traffic.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Bring your own music because texas is a huge state and they love their country music. Wont get much else on the radio when outside the bigger cities.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Bring your own music because texas is a huge state and they love their country music. Wont get much else on the radio when outside the bigger cities.
Gangsta rap music.

And get a big belt buckle like me so they know your legitimate

M

member 3289

I listen to country so that won't be a problem.

Fortunately I'll only be staying there for two days. You guys in the other 49 states are fucking nuts. That's why I stay in Florida where it's safe.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Nothing against people with southern accents, but everyone who has one sounds kind of retarded to me.
HAHAHAHA Bro i totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a factory in SC and i swear every time i heard them talk in my head i was like they sound so fucking stupid.

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015
Houstonian here.
Lots of trucks. Lots of Whataburgers. And a fair amount of whatever the fuck this style is.

Seriously though, before you leave, hit up Bread Winners Cafe and Bakery. It's a pretty good brunch spot where you're served free unlimited coffee cakes.

Liw_LozanoIII

MMASMG fan
Oct 17, 2015
I'm taking a road trip out there next weekend (July 8-10) to help a friend move. The drive is gonna suck but I've never been to the Lonestar State so it's a new experience.

Does everyone really drive a truck and open-carry a shotgun like in the movies?

Is the state really half Mexicans like @Song2?

I'll be staying in the Dallas area and will probably go out Saturday night to watch UFC 200. If any of you live in that area and are also going out to watch the fights let me know so I know which places to avoid.

Thanks.
I live in Dallas, meet up at Gas Monkey for ufc?