Henderson won’t hesitate to land controversial follow-up punch again on Michael Bisping

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Dan Henderson says he will have no problem following up with punches after he KO’s Bisping at UFC 204.

Dan Henderson’s knockout of Michael Bisping at UFC 100 was one of the most celebrated KO’s in MMA history, but it wasn’t without its controversy.

‘Hendo’ crumpled Bisping with an overhand right in the second round and followed up with a diving elbow. The former Strikeforce and PRIDE champion admitted in the post-fight interview with Joe Rogan that he knew Bisping was out from the first punch, but decided to follow-up any way.

More: Dan Henderson: For a few more zeros I would consider coming back

When asked by Danny Segura of Champions.co whether he’d do the same thing again in the rematch at UFC 204, Henderson said yes.

"It's more than likely,” Henderson said. “I did it before I…

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/23/13037384/ufc-204-mma-news-interview-dan-henderson-michael-bisping-controversial-knockout

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
When has he not thrown a follow up punch? Ask Fedor, Wanderlei and Lombard

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Bisping will be using the Conor McGregor run away defense

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I want to see an H bomb so damn bad, but it ain't happening. I don't think Bisping will be circling to the left often. He will be on his bike riding away and trying to pick Hendo apart from the outside.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
I love Hendo he will go down in history as one of the baddest men to walk the Earth, along with the likes of Wanderlei Silva, Chuck Liddell, Rampage Jackson, Shogun Rua, Fedor.....

But to be honest, Hendo is done ...he had some great wins late in his career , biggest one against the Great Fedor, but during this time he was allowed to use TrT (I'm under the impression he does not have an exemption). Without TrT / Hgh Hendo's going to be in a World of hurt.

Since UFC 100 when Hendo dropped the H-Bomb on Bispings jaw and the World exploded with approval, Bisping has been bombarded with constant reminders of that night .....you gotta think that's motivated Michael to a new level to try and redeem himself from his most memorable loss.

Think Rampage Vs. Wanderlei 3
Think Crocop Vs. Gonzaga 2

When someone gets defeated in that type of fashion you have to think something deep down inside fuels that fire for redemption.

No "help" for Hendo + Bispings passion for payback = Bisping beatdown on the great Hendo.

*IMO this fight should never have been made, Zuffa making one last run to make as much money as they can before they flee Dodge.

Would loved to have seen a more competitive match-up between Gegard Mousasi Vs. The Count ...a fight previously scheduled.

M

member 3289

He should have been suspended for it last time. I like Hendo but it was way over the line

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I honestly think the UFC, MMA media and fans are cultivating a very dangerous narrative surrounding shit like this. It's MMA, punches to KOed opponents happen, but they can also potentially be the last thing that ever happens to the guys receiving them. It's not an angle that should be used to sell fights or make light of.

The UFC keeps guys like Bigfoot and Hendo fighting where they once stepped in to save guys like that from themselves and force people like Cyborg to harm themselves for no reason. Similarly, fans cheering on Hendo to keep fighting baffle me. You think you're a fan, but you are encouraging an old man who has been fighting for two decades and who has knocked down more than any other fighter in UFC/WEC/Pride/Strikeforce history to keep putting himself at risk. You're such a fan of his that you want him brain dead?

Unfortunately it is going to take a high profile death to wake cunts up again.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I love Hendo he will go down in history as one of the baddest men to walk the Earth, along with the likes of Wanderlei Silva, Chuck Liddell, Rampage Jackson, Shogun Rua, Fedor.....

But to be honest, Hendo is done ...he had some great wins late in his career , biggest one against the Great Fedor, but during this time he was allowed to use TrT (I'm under the impression he does not have an exemption). Without TrT / Hgh Hendo's going to be in a World of hurt.

Since UFC 100 when Hendo dropped the H-Bomb on Bispings jaw and the World exploded with approval, Bisping has been bombarded with constant reminders of that night .....you gotta think that's motivated Michael to a new level to try and redeem himself from his most memorable loss.

Think Rampage Vs. Wanderlei 3
Think Crocop Vs. Gonzaga 2

When someone gets defeated in that type of fashion you have to think something deep down inside fuels that fire for redemption.

No "help" for Hendo + Bispings passion for payback = Bisping beatdown on the great Hendo.

*IMO this fight should never have been made, Zuffa making one last run to make as much money as they can before they flee Dodge.

Would loved to have seen a more competitive match-up between Gegard Mousasi Vs. The Count ...a fight previously scheduled.

Didn't "finished" Hendo just kick Lombard's ass?
I agree this fight isn't fair to the division, AT ALL, and even agree Bisping will outpoint Hendo.
But at what point will we ever come to universal agreeance, that this man is almost predictably unpredictable and capable?

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The only follow up punch Hendo is throwing is towards Big John when he wakes up dazed n confused.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Honestly, the follow-up strikes to Lombard were worse than the one to Bisping. Two gigantic forearms where he jumped in the air first. They really left a bad taste in my mouth. I like Hendo, but I hope he makes good on his promise and walks away win or lose. He was not looking great against Lombard, to the point where my friend and I were discussing the best way that Hendo can lose while still being able to tie his shoes 15 years from now. I was kinda bummed when he murdered Lombard with that elbow because I knew it got him another fight.