Huge opportunity for Freddy Retro

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angler Larry

Banned
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I can't personally comprehend why someone would create not one, but two fake fighter accounts on an MMA forum, but apparently you have a reason based on the IP addresses for Angler Larry and Freddy Retro being the same (108.235.83.38)...and the whole fake fighter troll thing being discussed here: http://fightsport.net/forum/index.php?topic=5596.0

I guess why it doesn't make any sense to me, is because you're obviously a very intelligent guy, as displayed in this thread: http://themmacommunity.com/forum/co...his-movie-full-length-rough-cut-of-gray-state and other threads as well.

So I can't understand why someone who is so capable of contributing content of that quality, would waste so much time and energy, trying to get a rise out of people or sabotage websites that were created by, and made up of, others that have the same interests as you (MMA).

We created this site to be an alternative to the UG and Sherdog. A place where people could intelligently and respectfully converse, without trolls and shills running wild. So far, everyone seems to be thankful of our efforts and enjoying the place. I have tried to personally welcome every new member to the site, answer everyone question, and explore every request...and I think I've been pretty laid back about things along the way.

I hope that you will become a real part of the community with us, instead of fighting against it for whatever reason...one account, sharing in discussion, and expanding on the great posts you have made here.

- Wild

Angler Larry

Banned
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I Wild Each It;n7629 said:
I can't personally comprehend why someone would create not one, but two fake fighter accounts on an MMA forum, but apparently you have a reason based on the IP addresses for Angler Larry and Freddy Retro being the same (108.235.83.38)...and the whole fake fighter troll thing being discussed here: http://fightsport.net/forum/index.php?topic=5596.0

I guess why it doesn't make any sense to me, is because you're obviously a very intelligent guy, as displayed in this thread: http://themmacommunity.com/forum/co...his-movie-full-length-rough-cut-of-gray-state and other threads as well.

So I can't understand why someone who is so capable of contributing content of that quality, would waste so much time and energy, trying to get a rise out of people or sabotage websites that were created by, and made up of, others that have the same interests as you (MMA).

We created this site to be an alternative to the UG and Sherdog. A place where people could intelligently and respectfully converse, without trolls and shills running wild. So far, everyone seems to be thankful of our efforts and enjoying the place. I have tried to personally welcome every new member to the site, answer everyone question, and explore every request...and I think I've been pretty laid back about things along the way.

I hope that you will become a real part of the community with us, instead of fighting against it for whatever reason...one account, sharing in discussion, and expanding on the great posts you have made here.

- Wild
Because this whole thing has been done before and better.
Also, trolling has been a part of MMA since day 1 with the Gracie "jiu jitsu is all you need" troll. And now you have Rogan with his Alphabrain, Bravo calling a guillotine a Twister and writing a book about it (and getting called a genius in the process)... the UFC's entire marketing strategy is trolling you people with the Jones hero story being a total setup and then the Jones/Cormier fake presser brawl and encouraging McGregor to jump the cage to confront Aldo.

The sport you love to watch is fucking bullshit and the guys that you are a fan of all suck dick. If it hurts your feelings to be lied to, turn off your television and get a hobby.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I tried to be reasonable man, but I see that's not an option, which is too bad. Of course forums have been done better. We're new, learning, and will continue to try and improve. But at least we can say we tried. And we didn't do this to compete with the well known MMA forums out there. We did it because we felt like good people were being taken advantage of. and we wanted to give those people an alternative...and in turn, build a community, made up of a close knit group of people with common interests. Sorry that you apparently never wanted to be a part of it.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Angler Larry;n7885 said:
Because this whole thing has been done before and better.
Also, trolling has been a part of MMA since day 1 with the Gracie "jiu jitsu is all you need" troll. And now you have Rogan with his Alphabrain, Bravo calling a guillotine a Twister and writing a book about it (and getting called a genius in the process)... the UFC's entire marketing strategy is trolling you people with the Jones hero story being a total setup and then the Jones/Cormier fake presser brawl and encouraging McGregor to jump the cage to confront Aldo.

The sport you love to watch is fucking bullshit and the guys that you are a fan of all suck dick. If it hurts your feelings to be lied to, turn off your television and get a hobby.

Someone pick on you or something?
Why be so angry that some people you've never met on a site you've never been to are having a good time without you?

Why are you so angry that you would put in this kind of effort?

Angler Larry

Banned
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You spent time and money on a website to celebrate how these guys get fucked in the ass for their money? All those chickenshit motherfuckers can't wait to suck their bosses off.

and that's what you're a fan of?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not the effort of creating multiple accounts here. I'm sure that was easy. I'm talking the time and effort it must have took to set up multiple fake twitter pages posing as fighters, sending hundreds of tweets out from all of those pages, posting about it on multiple forums, logging in and out of all of these multiple websites and accounts to talk from one SN to another, etc. That's a lot of time and effort, I would think. And like I said, you're obviously an intelligent guy, with a good sense of humor...so I would think (and this is just my opinion) that you could be contributing a lot more insightful stuff if the effort was directed towards something more productive. But hey, maybe I'm just naïve and not up on all of this stuff. I'm a middle aged guy, trying to hold down a regular job, raise two kids, be a good husband, and manage some half ass MMA forum...so I don't have any time left in a typical day for anything else. So if this is what makes you happy, more power to you, I suppose.

And by the way, I'm not a fan of Zuffa, or the brass that runs the organization...so I don't fall into the category that you defined in your earlier post. I'm an MMA fan...not a UFC fan.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Angler Larry;n7927 said:
You spent time and money on a website to celebrate how these guys get fucked in the ass for their money? All those chickenshit motherfuckers can't wait to suck their bosses off.

I've never been a fan of that. Matter of fact, I've been advocating better benefits, increased pay, and a commission/union for fighters for years. I would get blasted by shills on other sites for my stance on it. But I also recognize the position most of these guys are in right now. The sport is what they know and love, and most of them would do it for free...some might as well be, considering what orgs like WSOF and others are paying them. But their options as it stands now are, fight for whatever org they can and make whatever someone is willing to pay them...or go doing something else. They obviously don't want to do anything else, and I can respect that. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to pursue passions and dreams...and hope you some day make it big.

That said, I think the sport is heading in the right direction with regards to pay and benefits. The lawsuit, although highly unlikely to be successful, has already garnered attention...and more and more fighters are starting to recognize they're getting the short end of the stick. I'm sure it will be a long drawn out process, but I'm confident (and hopeful) it's heading in the right direction.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Angler Larry;n7927 said:

Goldie Wilson III

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
So let me get this straight Freddy Retro was a fake fighter even though he had a twitter account verifying him?

Now you guys are saying that this Angler Larry fellow who I was sure was THE DEAN from EVILYOSHIDA.COM was him the whole time even having conversations with each other?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It's pretty self explanatory, so I'm not going to elaborate on it anymore. What's done is done, so let's all move on. Hopefully people will use the site as a place for intelligent, respectful discussion...or move on to one of the many other sites out there, where this type of thing is more common place. 99% of the people here seem to be on board with that idea.

Goldie Wilson III

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I Wild Each It;n7991 said:
It's pretty self explanatory, so I'm not going to elaborate on it anymore. What's done is done, so let's all move on. Hopefully people will use the site as a place for intelligent, respectful discussion...or move on to one of the many other sites out there, where this type of thing is more common place. 99% of the people here seem to be on board with that idea.
It's just the whole thing is freaking bizarre because if this really is Penxv he posts over at EVILYOSHIDA.COM as well as fightsport. I am positive he is a pro fighter out of the midwest himself!

Why in the world would he imp a fighter when he is one himself. Personally it reeks of mental illness. I do know that there was a poster at fightsport they called fatbody or fatty who was a pro at this kind of thing.

It's my understanding that the Ftabody guy has been missing so maybe this is him or maybe this Penxv was taught all the tricks on trolling from Fatty???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.