If Fury Beats Wlad, 3 Irish Champs: Conor, Seamus, Fury

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Bobby Lupo

Don't be a scare
Oct 25, 2015
Ah ye but we say things like "he's one of ours" in a wistful way, we don't go around referring to people as an Irishman. Where as they regularly refer to people as Britons regardless of how tenuous the connection.
Exactly. Tyson's not getting Andy Murray'd

Bobby Lupo

Don't be a scare
Oct 25, 2015
Once he stole Lennox's microphone and started singing Aerosmith, the Irish and English were all like, 'he's a gypsy'

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
Once he stole Lennox's microphone and started singing Aerosmith, the Irish and English were all like, 'he's a gypsy'
Ever been to a pub here? There's a lot of times, you'd be glad of Aerosmith. I thought that was gold, at least it'll make headlines, I prefer a showman to a robot.

Bobby Lupo

Don't be a scare
Oct 25, 2015
Ever been to a pub here? There's a lot of times, you'd be glad of Aerosmith. I thought that was gold, at least it'll make headlines, I prefer a showman to a robot.
More times than I'm proud of. I think he's going to be a shot in the arm for HW boxing. He's a wildcard, he's entertaining, he's almost likable, and he's very beatable. There's a 'let's watch, something might happen' kind of thing with Fury's fights. He won the MSG crowd over with the singing after the Cunningham fight. That was a wild scene. He seemed to be genuinely excited, and it spread to the crowd. Funny thing is: Steve Cunningham trained with him for the Haye fight, and was one of the few people who picked him to beat Wlad.

M

member 3289

Just watched an interview with Fury on BBC News. His accent, albeit 100% comprehensible, sounds strange to me.

Zeph @Zeph does he have a typical Manchester accent?

Bobby Lupo

Don't be a scare
Oct 25, 2015
His accent is not tick at all; it's almost posh Manc. Even after winning the HW title, he sounded composed and spoke nicely to Lennox, "Here's MY hand." not heres me hand, or heres muh hand.

LupoLinguistics