Invicta FC 18 Live Discussion - 7/29/16

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Complete Results:
Alexa Grasso def. Jodie Esquibel via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
Agnieszka Niedźwiedź def. Christine Stanley by unanimous decision (30-27 x3)
Mizuki Inoue def. Lynn Alvarez via submission (armbar) - Round 2, 3:00
Cindy Dandois def. Jessamyn Duke via submission (armbar) - Round 1, 1:33
Megan Anderson def. Peggy Morgan by TKO (punches). Round 1, 4:09
Tessa Simpson def. Simona Soukupova via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-27)
Aspen Ladd def. Jessica Hoy via TKO (ground and pound) at 3:14 of R2
Sijara Eubanks def. Amberlynn Orr by TKO (strikes). Round 1, 4:41

Last edited:

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

Main card (UFC Fight Pass at 8 p.m. ET)
Alexa Grasso vs. Jodie Esquibel
Agnieszka Niedzwiedz vs. Christine Stanley
Cindy Dandois vs. Jessamyn Duke
Megan Anderson vs. Peggy Morgan
Simona Soukupova vs. Tessa Simpson
Mizuki Inoue vs. Lynn Alvarez
Aspen Ladd vs. Jessica Hoy
Sijara Eubanks vs. Amberlynn Orr

I'm in. Alexa, Irene, and Megan all on the same card. I'm sold.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
wow surprised duke is still fighting. shes lost her last 4. dont think this is the career for her.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
wow surprised duke is still fighting. shes lost her last 4. dont think this is the career for her.
I wonder if she'll look any better in this fight than she has previously? She's been training at CSW exclusively for a while now so that should benefit her.

And holy crap. I just discovered that Cindy Dandois is only 31. I swear she looks like a middle aged mother of 8 that still tries to be the "cool mom" in LA. I've never liked watching her fight. She's pretty good though and should be able to run through Duke pretty easily.

Oddly enough, I actually am more interested in some of these fights than I am most of the fights on 201.

Left Hook Larry

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I wonder if she'll look any better in this fight than she has previously? She's been training at CSW exclusively for a while now so that should benefit her.

And holy crap. I just discovered that Cindy Dandois is only 31. I swear she looks like a middle aged mother of 8 that still tries to be the "cool mom" in LA. I've never liked watching her fight. She's pretty good though and should be able to run through Duke pretty easily.

Oddly enough, I actually am more interested in some of these fights than I am most of the fights on 201.
dandois is legit on the mat. she will take duke down and sub or pound her out. duke doesnt have the power to land that big shot on the feet.

Left Hook Larry

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
With ease? I think her being friends with Ronda is clouding your judgement on this.
not at all. her being 0-4 in her last fights is the main reason. her tall frame will make the takedowns easier. she hasn't shown the 1 punch power to stop a girl like Cindy in her tracks.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
not at all. her being 0-4 in her last fights is the main reason. her tall frame will make the takedowns easier. she hasn't shown the 1 punch power to stop a girl like Cindy in her tracks.
I'm sure. Her olympic wrestling training partners were having a tough time taking her down, and when they did they had a hard time keeping it there(saw it with my own lying eyes).

And not like her losses were to nobodies. But MMA is the game of what have you done for me lately, right?

Left Hook Larry

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm sure. Her olympic wrestling training partners were having a tough time taking her down, and when they did they had a hard time keeping it there(saw it with my own lying eyes).

And not like her losses were to nobodies. But MMA is the game of what have you done for me lately, right?
yep pretty much. a 0-4 losing streak is a serious talking point when discussing her next fight especially when you add in the level of competition. do you think her being friends with Shayna and you being in close contact with them on their streams may be clouding your judgement?

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
yep pretty much. a 0-4 losing streak is a serious talking point when discussing her next fight especially when you add in the level of competition. do you think her being friends with Shayna and you being in close contact with them on their streams may be clouding your judgement?
Not when it comes to analysis of training and such. She has the tools to beat almost anyone in the division, just something isn't clicking right now. As far as mileage, she's pretty young in teh sport, so as long as she grows it's all good, regardless of what the internet says.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
What's the deal with the Aldana fight? Why didn't they weigh in?

Ah shit..

Christine Stanley in, Irene Aldana out of Invicta FC 18

"Two Brazilian fighters, Claudia Rey and Taila Santos, are both out of Invicta FC 18 due to travel issues, the promotion announced Tuesday. Rey and Santos acquired visas, but could not get physical travel documents in time to make the trip to the United States. Invicta 18 is set for Friday night in Kansas City.

Santos was set to face Irene Aldana in the co-main event of the card, but that bout has been scrapped. Aldana will fight at Invicta FC 19 in September."

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Invicta and streaming has been terrible lol
Those early streams were absolute garbage. I remember when they refunded everyone that bought an event because the provider was so terrible. For better or for worse, at least with the fights being on Fight Pass they have a pretty solid platform for broadcasting now.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Those early streams were absolute garbage. I remember when they refunded everyone that bought an event because the provider was so terrible. For better or for worse, at least with the fights being on Fight Pass they have a pretty solid platform for broadcasting now.
Agreed.