Jacare has the rona

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
T

The Big Guy

Ronaldo "J'acare" Souza, who was scheduled to fight Uriah Hall at UFC 249 on Saturday, has tested positive for coronavirus.

While Souza will not fight, the UFC 249 card will go on as planned, Hunter Campbell, EVP and Chief Business Officer of UFC told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.

Souza arrived in Jacksonville on Wednesday and informed UFC officials that a family member had tested positive. Souza was asymptomatic, but was isolated and tested, and Friday the test came back positive.

The UFC has conferred with Florida athletic officials, who said the fights can go on as scheduled because the system worked in Souza's case.

UFC 249's main card begins at 10 p.m. ET on pay-per-view with prelims beginning at 6 p.m. on ESPN.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You have a large percentage of False positives
Test is for RNA sequence and doesn't test for Virus...Virus has not been purified and the science is incomplete.

So if you give out a bunch of tests you are gonna get some healthy people coming back positive...very predictable.

Sucks, but the truth is there is no accurate test for whatever is going on.

Jacare will be fine.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
If he really has the rona then test him 5 more times

all 5 should come up rona...they most likely won't

Test the negative guys 5 more times...some will come up positive and then negative again

M

member 3289

I wanted to shit-talk UFC for fucking this up but it looks like they handled it as best they could. It's very good that Jacare was honest/responsible.

Thoughts Sheepdog @Dr. Prosper Meniere?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I wanted to shit-talk UFC for fucking this up but it looks like they handled it as best they could. It's very good that Jacare was honest/responsible.

Thoughts Sheepdog @Dr. Prosper Meniere?
There's still time for them to fuck it up.

But I'm not against them holding this card like this - I was laughing at Dana for trying to hold an illegal event. But once Trump got DeSantis to help Vince and Dana out, all we could hope for is that they are scared enough of the repercussions to handle things as safely as possible. Which it looks like they are doing.

The ship has well and truly sailed on any effective US containment. If you're going to open up fucking tattoo parlors, may as well open up some cage fighting for me to watch too.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
He should wear a mask during the fight... wouldn't be the first time that's happened...

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Looks like that conference call and participation the economy task force will pay off for Dana as all companies will be shielded from responsibility for employees being exposed and testing positive for covid-19

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Looks like that conference call and participation the economy task force will pay off for Dana as all companies will be shielded from responsibility for employees being exposed and testing positive for covid-19
No legal exposure for covid exposure for dana and friends then? I sure hope you're wrong my friend.

I'm counting on this idiotic gambit taking UFC down.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Dana could be looking for work when the smoke clears.

Perhaps he shouldn't have been so hasty in turning down that gig hosting the Family Feud?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Im wondering if there can be any legal consequences. Can say cejudo sue WME if he test positive in the coming weeks and it can be traced back to this event ?
I think you have to show damages
Very unlikely any of these guys even has symptoms of whatever "RNA sequence" the test is positive for.

I also suspect anybody on this card is signing a waiver that includes the current situation and possibilities...they quarantine after the event as contracted. Then after that quarantine WME is in the clear contractually.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think you have to show damages
Very unlikely any of these guys even has symptoms of whatever "RNA sequence" the test is positive for.

I also suspect anybody on this card is signing a waiver that includes the current situation and possibilities...they quarantine after the event as contracted. Then after that quarantine WME is in the clear contractually.
According to the Meltzer tweet I posted there's a youtube video showing Jacare in close contact with other participants in this event. This place could end up being like one of those poor old folks homes or cruise ships that was thoroughly contaminated. Zach Arnold has made something of a hobby these past few weeks of speculating about the sort of waiver UFC fighters will be forced to sign and the ensuing legal battles that will take place when somebody gets infected, It'll get very messy for sure.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
According to the Meltzer tweet I posted there's a youtube video showing Jacare in close contact with other participants in this event. This place could end up being like one of those poor old folks homes or cruise ships that was thoroughly contaminated. Zach Arnold has made something of a hobby these past few weeks of speculating about the sort of waiver UFC fighters will be forced to sign and the ensuing legal battles that will take place when somebody gets infected, It'll get very messy for sure.
maybe
We will see

I am not rooting for it

IMO the testing is nothing to hang your hat on