General Jimmy Fallon wore blackface in a sketch in the year 2000. Time to get rid of him.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
But KFC would certainly be aware of the stereotype when they were coming up with their marketing.
See my next post. I genuinely don't think they had thought about it. Unless you were watching Dave Chapelle sketches, it's just not a thing you would know about in Australia. I would wager 8/10 people before the controversy wouldn't have known it was a thing. KFC has a local head office - it wasn't like somebody in Louisville would have seen it and had to sign off on it.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Aussies are pretty racist though. Look at this ffs.

View: https://youtu.be/0YM9Ereg2Zo
I did say 'unmatched racism'. The point is, it's like going after a serial rapist for jaywalking. Plenty of actual racism to point to, so drumming up fake racism based on stereotypes that don't exist here is silly.

I should also qualify that I wasn't defending the blackface. Non-dipshits already knew full-well that was racist here too. It was on a bogan terrible TV show that likely only racists watched. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of the dude calling it out.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
I wouldn't say bad so much as short sighted. I just would have expected a large company like that in this day and age to have a little more foresight.
It was 10 years ago. They wouldn't make that same mistake now. But arguably it wasn't a mistake because you are asking another culture to be sensitive to something that is a fucking ridiculous stereotype in the first place.

Yay! Now Australians will stereotype people based on appearance for eating a very common, global food type too! What a great victory. The world can rest easy now.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Australia really perplexes me.
It's not different enough from Canada to be perplexed by. One is cold, one is hot. You will find very little substantive difference other than that, at least relative to the differences between other countries. Among the two most similar countries in the entire world.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It's not different enough from Canada to be perplexed by. One is cold, one is hot. You will find very little substantive difference other than that, at least relative to the differences between other countries. Among the two most similar countries in the entire world.
i am pretty sure albertans are bogans