Joe Rogan wants the UFC to book Nick Diaz vs Conor McGregor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Joe Rogan would want to see Conor McGregor fight Nate Diaz's older brother, Nick.

Joe Rogan took to social media recently to talk about a match up that he would be interested in after the events that happened at UFC 202. According to the UFC commentator, if it was up to him, he'd put Conor McGregor in against Nate Diaz's older brother in Nick.

"If I was running the UFC, this is the match I would be trying to make," Rogan wrote on instagram followed by a bunch of $ signs.

If I was running the @UFC this is the match I would be trying to make

A photo posted by Joe Rogan (@joerogan) on Aug 23, 2016 at 10:49am PDT

Nick Diaz's suspension for marijuana has just ended, and we could be seeing the UFC star make a return soon.

As for a possible McGregor match, it…

Joe Rogan wants Nick Diaz vs Conor McGregor

Last edited:

Stillmatic

Posting Machine
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
They should do it.
Connie should do only super fights now.
Who the fuck cares about dudes who weigh 145lbs

Teen Gohan

TMMAC Top Team
Oct 19, 2015
Joe Rogan does run the UFC, he just doesn't realize it. When he leaves, it just won't be the same anymore.

Porkchop

The Other White Meat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
fuck it, why not. Let's make Conor's career pure superfights. It'll be fun.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
The Diaz bros are Super Fight fighters now. No need for belts, title runs etc...just big money fights. I don't think Conor is quite there yet. This is where Nate has it on Conor since Conor still needs to defend his belt at some point, or drop it altogether and go down the super fight route (which of course he has dabbled in these last two fights). The Diaz bros have always had a good following but it took the UFC finally paying them enough for them to show up and put on amazing shows. 20/20 wasn't worth it and I can see why they were despondent about it all for a while there.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
I love Rogan, but the man would make a terrible matchmaker. I rarely agree with his fight ideas. He does that "that would be really interesting" thing when we all know that Nick is waaaaaaay too big for Conor to fight.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I will not complain if this were to happen. Wonder if the Diaz bros will have a life long relationship with Conor? Like they get invited to xmas parties and stuff

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
Fun to talk about but makes as much sense as McGregor v. Mayweather
I think Mayweather vs Conor makes perfect sense, to be honest. Conor obviously gets pieced up but do you realize how much goddamn money these two guys would make, and how epic the buildup would be? Conor doesn't have a clear next fight in the UFC. Yes, I get it. He has a belt. I do not think he is going to defend that belt, though. I think the next fight for Conor is either Alvarez or we start hearing about Floyd or Amir Khan.

P

Punch

I'd watch. This fight would sell due to the "big bro of the last man cmac defeated" angle and their "fuck you" history.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
I think Mayweather vs Conor makes perfect sense, to be honest. Conor obviously gets pieced up but do you realize how much goddamn money these two guys would make, and how epic the buildup would be? Conor doesn't have a clear next fight in the UFC. Yes, I get it. He has a belt. I do not think he is going to defend that belt, though. I think the next fight for Conor is either Alvarez or we start hearing about Floyd or Amir Khan.
Wasn't Amir Khan talking about transitioning to MMA too? That would be interesting super fight!

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
Wasn't Amir Khan talking about transitioning to MMA too? That would be interesting super fight!
Yeah, I think this is actually more possible than people think as well, but I think it will end up being Floyd if it's a non-UFC guy. Khan is famous, but if Conor does this he is doing it for the money and exposure, and that makes Floyd the obvious choice.

P

Punch

I would definitely watch, I just don't think it's a good booking.
The ufc title hasn't been the driving force for many fighters for a while now. It's dat chedda... And this fight should bring the cheese.

I'd like to also state that i feel that's a shitty way of doing things, but that seems to be the way things are going.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Yeah, I think this is actually more possible than people think as well, but I think it will end up being Floyd if it's a non-UFC guy. Khan is famous, but if Conor does this he is doing it for the money and exposure, and that makes Floyd the obvious choice.
I really can't disagree with you there. Money Mayweather is the money fight... though I wish Floyd was younger so Conor could wait a few years and retire as a boxer. I can't see the UFC letting him go in and out unless they were making some real bank. Too much involved in the crossover I would imagine...

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
That'd be great.. have it in the biggest arena in Ireland. Big fuckin money. I'd have the press conferences on Fox, FS1 and all over social media etc..

AliAlwaeli

Aug 9, 2016
nick would murder him, mcgregor almost lost his career to nate, imagine fighting a monster like nick diaz who fought GSP, Anderson Silva, Robbie lawler, Frank shemrock etc.