LOL - Welcome RuDj...love the avatar!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
Jan 21, 2015
PS: thanks for the link about Fight Arts Fandom... I always wondered who did all the Prebek artwork, and why. Will take a look.

Just FYI, I can make illustrations like that too, perhaps better/faster.

That's why I'm interested in putting together a team, I can illustrate anything, others can animate, I know a great voice guy, etc. So much more creative potential

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Yeah i make all my own stuff. I think of the bizarre story i want to tell. Photoshop it, cut the audio how i want it and, edit the video and then put it together in after effects. Theres no team or anything. I collaborate with Chaplinshouse sometimes who is a really great musician when i need some awesome audio or if he needs some video work done.

Have you used video software before to edit video? I use Sony Vegas to edit video. Although i may switch too Adobe Premier since I do like the layout better but Vegas just handles Divx/Xvid better for editing.

I would say mess around with Vegas or Premiere first. Its not that tough compared to Photoshop. You just cut slices in video and rearranged them as you see fit. Then move it into after effects. After Effects is basically animated Photoshop. If you create Gifs in Photoshop, then move stuff around in After Effects wont be a problem.

I mean if you have the will power to take it easy hehe by pacing yourself it will open up so many more possibilities with a dude of your creative vision. Its another tool in your belt. The ability to make your photoshop layers move. You simply import your layers into After Effects and then keyframe them.

Theres books at the library made by Adobe where you can go through the tutorials and have youself up and running in a few weeks with the program. Once you get the foundation of the program like (position/scale/rotation) then you can combine everything together. or youtube or whatever.

You can make that robot chicken thing all on your own. well voices you can get some people to talk or whatever) But its just like photoshop. Once you invest a few months with the foundation and another year(s) refining your craft you can do some wonderful things in video editing and after effects. The transition will not be too diffifcult since youve already a high level photoshop editor and illustrator designer.

Yeah sure collaboration could be cool sometime. I usually work on my own since i schedule my stuff at odd hours when i have time. Ill make some photoshops for a few days. Then i dont touch it for a week or 2 then get back to it. Its quite sporadic. Then ill edit some video here and there then put it together like a month down the road or something. Its difficult to match up times with other people to work on stuff so i usually do it on the side. Its quite cathartic actually. After making it i kind of step back and go whoa... i made all that. really neat.

I think you would do really awesome on it. I think you can do some serious damage on your own if you just take a few months to learn video editing and after effects. :smokin: