Look at my wood (woodworking) part deux

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I asked earlier, and really still want to know - do you have pics of the process? This stuff is so coool!

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I don't usually take photos. I'm usually too busy cussing o_O. I will try to take some photos when I make my razors though. I took a few for my computer table but don't have a final photo even though I'm done.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Wood is good!
Dude, your work is unreal, I only wish I had such skills. Very, very impressive!

On a strange little side note: Funny timing as I just posted a silly story on that other site a couple hours ago that I'm gonna copy and paste.........

"My wife was at the UBCM conference in Vancouver a few years ago where all the mayors and councillors from BC gather over 5 days and attend a bunch of seminars and bullshit. The former Premiere of BC, Glen Clark spoke during the big banquet dinner about the forestry industry and at one point insisted on everybody (about 1000 elected officials and their spouses) chanting "WOOD IS GOOD! WOOD IS GOOD! WOOD IS GOOD!" while he pumped his hand in the air.

This slogan has become a daily part of my ole lady's vocabulary over the years since. She howls at the entire scenario, wondering if he was just that clueless, or if he secretly saw the humor in getting a huge banquet room full of delegates at a black tie dinner to chant "WOOD IS GOOD!" over and over, lol!

Keep up the great woodwork man. That looks like a fantastic hobby, especially when you've got mad skills!

Last edited:

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg This is my newest project. It is from the jack Daniels brewery via lazy magnolia brewery (MS). The boards have the natural look after HOURS of sanding. More photos when I get more done. It will be another chair when finished. Thinking about turning the lids into clocks or tables. I need suggestions about what to do with the metal rings. I have 12 now.

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I made a razor set for a buddy's wedding. Will take photo later. I'm kind of in a weird spot right now because we moved and I sold my drill press and I need another to make more stuff. The one I need I just can't justify to myself buying for making pens and some razors. The cheap ones (ryobi) just won't cut it. For guys looking to buy tools DONT EVER BUY CHEAP POWER TOOLS! Hand tools can be bought somewhat cheap but NEVER power tools.

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
image.jpgIt's a shitty photo but I turned and made the wood part and bought the metal parts. It's actually a dark brown African mahogany. It fits a Mach 3 razor.

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Simpleman @Simpleman you got some mad skills!
I honestly started this so other people could show off their work. I am a rookie at this stuff. My neighbors think I'm a madman from my "hulk out" moments while doing some of these. I have no real imagination. I just borrow ideas that I like and tweak them for my purposes. I really do want to see other people's work. Hell show us a pic of a faucet you replaced. Give us anything. I need some new inspiration.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I honestly started this so other people could show off their work. I am a rookie at this stuff. My neighbors think I'm a madman from my "hulk out" moments while doing some of these. I have no real imagination. I just borrow ideas that I like and tweak them for my purposes. I really do want to see other people's work. Hell show us a pic of a faucet you replaced. Give us anything. I need some new inspiration.
So you're not only madly skilled, but you're pretty fucking humble on top of it. Listen buddy, I've got a broken hand rail on the staircase in my house that has needed some attention for nearly three years now, and every time I hear kids running up and down those stairs and that hand rail is going BOINOIOIOIOINGGG as if is leaned on and then springs up and down like a spazz, I yell up "I TOLD YOU GUYS NOT TO USE THE HAND RAIL...........YOU'RE GONNA BREAK IT MORE!!!"

I have nothing but respect for guys who own and use their tools, and not only fix shit, but make cool things on top of it! Mad props to you sir!

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
So you're not only madly skilled, but you're pretty fucking humble on top of it. Listen buddy, I've got a broken hand rail on the staircase in my house that has needed some attention for nearly three years now, and every time I hear kids running up and down those stairs and that hand rail is going BOINOIOIOIOINGGG as if is leaned on and then springs up and down like a spazz, I yell up "I TOLD YOU GUYS NOT TO USE THE HAND RAIL...........YOU'RE GONNA BREAK IT MORE!!!"

I have nothing but respect for guys who own and use their tools, and not only fix shit, but make cool things on top of it! Mad props to you sir!
One of my favorite sites and magazines is "family handyman". Google it because I don't want to (offend site owner here) link a website on this site. They have taught me quite a bit. They do very basic and sometimes complicated projects. I built a huge 13' x 9' built in bookcase from their info. I also replaced a stair tread with their info.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
One of my favorite sites and magazines is "family handyman". Google it because I don't want to (offend site owner here) link a website on this site.

you can link anything you want that is not a pirate or torrent site. In fact it's encouraged :)

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
One of my favorite sites and magazines is "family handyman". Google it because I don't want to (offend site owner here) link a website on this site. They have taught me quite a bit. They do very basic and sometimes complicated projects. I built a huge 13' x 9' built in bookcase from their info. I also replaced a stair tread with their info.
Consider it bookmarked. Thank you my man.........I will definitely reference that site from time to time as I try to bond with the tool box. Appreciate it, the site looks great!

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Ok, another site I rediscovered is "art of manliness". It might have a "the" in front of it. They had a pretty badass portable/collapsible sawhorse that I REALLY want to build. I already have a set now so I might need to "accidentally" break those.