General Looks like I might've bought myself a place

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You need to have a party. Show the neighbors who is in charge.

Do you have any guns?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
You need to have a party. Show the neighbors who is in charge.

Do you have any guns?
I think guns are illegal there. When you want people to noice, you typically invite abo's over and feed them alcohol. Puts the neighborhood in check really quick (also ruins your house).

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think guns are illegal there. When you want people to noice, you typically invite abo's over and feed them alcohol. Puts the neighborhood in check really quick (also ruins your house).
I think I still have vutus number if he needs it

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Wow...Like fucking...WOW!

Wife and I have looked at a few places for the last 10-11 months, learning a lot about the home buying process as that time's gone.

We saw a place we thought would make a good home for the next 4-5 years in a location we like. So we went and put an offer on it and it got accepted. Few conditions to the offer, probably the biggest one of which is getting finance approval.

I work with a mortgage broker, who sorted that out for us ,and the bank he applied to just gave us condition approval subject to satisfactory valuation of the property, which shouldn't be a big issue.

Man. Kinda feel surreal as fuck. There are tenants in the place until the start of October, but I have to wait until then so be it, not the end of the world.

A few pics of the place...

Hope that house has a sex. Dungeon or your going to get murdered on the resale market.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Hope that house has a sex. Dungeon or your going to get murdered on the resale market.
Nah man. The market here in Perth has already decreased heaps over the past few years. The couple we bought it from sold it at a $105,000 loss. Even with all the Covid shit, I can't see our place falling more than it already has. And if the value does fall over the next 6 months, we're looking to have this for 5-7 years, so I'm sure the Covid shit will have been offset by then. Time will tell.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Yeh boyyyyy! See how it says sold? It’s sold to me and my wife! Like as in, our names are on the title. Wow man holy shit!!!

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Got the keys yesterday. Should’ve seen me , it was just like off the song Fresh Air by Brother Ali, where he says “Still couldn’t believe that it was mine, like ‘Baby hurry up let’s leave before these damn ppl change their minds!’”

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Got the keys yesterday. Should’ve seen me , it was just like off the song Fresh Air by Brother Ali, where he says “Still couldn’t believe that it was mine, like ‘Baby hurry up let’s leave before these damn ppl change their minds!’”
well done mate.

the feeling is a grower.

its not like having a child. That’s instant. And that then becomes a what the fuck have I done! My life is ruined! Lol. Then the kids get a little bit older and you go. Oh yeah. And everyday is a fun day.

with the house you will be beaming from ear to ear and just forget sometimes then wander into a room and go. Oh yeah. That’s mine.

them you realise the back garden is yours. You can do what you want. Then you realise you can utilise the front space too.

its joyous.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
well done mate.

the feeling is a grower.

its not like having a child. That’s instant. And that then becomes a what the fuck have I done! My life is ruined! Lol. Then the kids get a little bit older and you go. Oh yeah. And everyday is a fun day.

with the house you will be beaming from ear to ear and just forget sometimes then wander into a room and go. Oh yeah. That’s mine.

them you realise the back garden is yours. You can do what you want. Then you realise you can utilise the front space too.

its joyous.
Hahaha so true.

As soon as I got the keys I went to the place to just have a look at it empty.

Im walking around all the rooms looking at it closely and then I realise I needed to piss. I walked around a little more holding it in and then realised "Hey! Wait a minute! This is my house - I can go upstairs and piss in MY toilet!"

So I did. First piss in my own house. It was a glorious piss.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Hahaha so true.

Im walking around all the rooms looking at it closely and then I realise I needed to piss. I walked around a little more holding it in and then realised "Hey! Wait a minute! This is my house - I can go upstairs and piss in MY toilet!"

A co worker of mine once too the first shit in my new place. Left me talking to his gf who I was meeting for the first time. After a couple of minutes I realized what was happening and I wasn't happy with it.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Hahaha so true.

Have you and mrs Bruno christened it yet though?

M

member 3289

Hahaha so true.

Fuck it it's your house, you can piss on the floor

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Have you and mrs Bruno christened it yet though?
A co worker of mine once too the first shit in my new place. Left me talking to his gf who I was meeting for the first time. After a couple of minutes I realized what was happening and I wasn't happy with it.

I know the feeling bro.

Took my parents to see my place the other day. Mum went a took a stinky shit in the toilet.

I was livid as fuck.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
well done mate.

the feeling is a grower.

its joyous.
Since this thread I’ve had a child and what you said is absolutely right. Also my house is now way too fucking small for us now, but still love it.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Since this thread I’ve had a child and what you said is absolutely right. Also my house is now way too fucking small for us now, but still love it.
Are mortgage rates ridiculously high where you're at, like they are here? Also, congrats on the new addition to your family.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Are mortgage rates ridiculously high where you're at, like they are here? Also, congrats on the new addition to your family.
We just put in an offer on a new house. The rates are fucking stupid, but the house is solid. After we move out of our current house, we’ll clean it up and sell it and hopefully be able to pay off the new house.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
We just put in an offer on a new house. The rates are fucking stupid, but the house is solid. After we move out of our current house, we’ll clean it up and sell it and hopefully be able to pay off the new house.
Nice. No mortgage payment is huge.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
6.04%. but I understand in the US most of your home loans have one rate for the life if the loan.

Not the case here. I started at 2.79% three years ago. Itmore that doubled in the space of a year

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
6.04%. but I understand in the US most of your home loans have one rate for the life if the loan.

Not the case here. I started at 2.79% three years ago. Itmore that doubled in the space of a year
Ok yeah, we have those loans (variable rate) here also. They're called ARM loans. You can get them for certain terms, but most are 5 years and then the rate is fixed at whatever the rate is after 60 months. People can get seriously hosed on those like you're experiencing, when the rate is low when the loan starts and then increases. Most over here choose Fixed Rate Term mortgages (10, 15, 20, 30 year).