Migration Phase 2 - FAQ ongoing

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Splinty @Splinty, very nice job on the upgrade. I think you are doing great. No issues staying logged in on my phone or various other devices.
PEBCAK

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Is everyone's typing working okay? Our old editor had a fight with chrome mobile that made autocorrect wonky. This was unfixable. Editor no longer updated and chrome moving forward.

Live thread should no longer hide posts either btw. We will see

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Do we want post message fonts a point larger?

I'm thinking so.

There is something called material design that is being pushed by Google and others to standardize layouts for lots of reasons including technical ones.

I was going to override and choose a font that I liked. kneeblock @kneeblock supports this with his Android phone. But I'm hesitant to do so because of web standards being foundationally pushed to allow our site to flex and integrate with other technologies.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

I'm thinking so.

There is something called material design that is being pushed by Google and others to standardize layouts for lots of reasons including technical ones.

I was going to override and choose a font that I liked. kneeblock @kneeblock supports this with his Android phone. But I'm hesitant to do so because of web standards being foundationally pushed to allow our site to flex and integrate with other technologies.
Yes very interesting, I was about to look into this but I noticed you still hadn't fixed the fucken pineapples.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

I'm thinking so.
Messages have been moved a point larger.

I looked at changing the font weight but I think it makes everything look a little too bold.
On the other hand with the smaller font by default things look a little thin.

Let's see how this goes probably easier to read

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
How can I be the pineapple bandit if every fucker can post pineapples?

M

member 3289

Is everyone's typing working okay? Our old editor had a fight with chrome mobile that made autocorrect wonky. This was unfixable. Editor no longer updated and chrome moving forward.

Live thread should no longer hide posts either btw. We will see
I've noticed that when I try to tag someone it appears to take when pressed but then I start typing and I realize it didn't take (take = insert the entire sn after I type a few letters)

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
How can I be the pineapple bandit if every fucker can post pineapples?

At some point we're going to sit down as a group and figure out which ratings we're going to keep and then I'm going to leave them alone for a while.
I might update the look of some of the icons so we can support higher quality screens but that's about it.
part of the reason that I want to do this is for smoother user experience and not having a gaggle of choices.
The other part is that I have experimented with providing you a second theme that includes a ratings bar instead of a tool tip.

The ratings bar limits the amount of ratings I can choose because of left and right screen real estate on mobile. Even though it's really nice on desktop.

I manually set you and BeardOfKnowledge @ConorMcGregorsBeard to this As you both mentioned preferring the old ratings.
everybody else has the ability to shift from the tooltip to the bar of ratings like the old site by selecting the style choice at the bottom left of the screen.

I will Only be giving you pineapples back alone if everybody else decides later that they don't want pineapples.

M

member 3289

I'm not being notified when @conor mcgregor nut hugger tags me, makes me sad. I don't want him to think I'm ignoring him.
That's because I had to go back and edit your name in because I didn't realize it made the mistake I describe above. Whenever you edit a post to tag someone, it doesn't notify them if the tag wasn't in the pre-edited version of the post

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
At some point we're going to sit down as a group and figure out which ratings we're going to keep and then I'm going to leave them alone for a while.
I might update the look of some of the icons so we can support higher quality screens but that's about it.
part of the reason that I want to do this is for smoother user experience and not having a gaggle of choices.
The other part is that I have experimented with providing you a second theme that includes a ratings bar instead of a tool tip.

The ratings bar limits the amount of ratings I can choose because of left and right screen real estate on mobile. Even though it's really nice on desktop.

I manually set you and BeardOfKnowledge @ConorMcGregorsBeard to this As you both mentioned preferring the old ratings.
everybody else has the ability to shift from the tooltip to the bar of ratings like the old site by selecting the style choice at the bottom left of the screen.

I will Only be giving you pineapples back alone if everybody else decides later that they don't want pineapples.
I haven't been on the site much over the past couple days, but last night it seemed to be operating in the old style. Don't know what I accidentally clicked but crisis averted.

On the old site when you'd have a bunch of tabs open and say I had my tab for blacks.com open and TMMAC on a background tab. I'd get little notifications so I'd know that there was something waiting for me. It was a great feature of the site and I really miss it. Is there a way to get it back?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
haven't been on the site much over the past couple days, but last night it seemed to be operating in the old style. Don't know what I accidentally clicked but crisis averted.
I changed it as above. You and SongExotic2 @Siton YerDong2 and anyone else that chooses to can select a bar of ratings instead of the tooltip.

I'd get little notifications so I'd know that there was something waiting for me.
Need more detail.
Currently I put an alerts number in the tab like before.

And the icon for the website had a red dot to let you know there's an alert.

Further we support push notifications to even pop up and alert beyond this supporting this chrome feature (Google push alerts for info if you don't know what this is).