Monster's Pick 'em Championship Season 2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
This is a prediction game with a seasonal league format, named in honour of the late Kevin 'Monster' Randleman. Here are the rules.

Each season will last 6 events and then the winner will be the person with the most points at the end of the season.

Pick 4 winners for an event and the method of how they win, including round for a KO/sub, and the type of finish or sub type, as written down in the results on Sherdog Fight Finder, or the judges scorecards for a decision. TKO and KO will be considered the same thing. IE. Lawler by KO, 1st round, punches, or Lawler by UD, 50-45, 50-45, 50-45.

Occasionally, Sherdog Fight Finder will list two weapons used for a TKO. I.E. Punches and Kick. In those situations either Punches or Kick will result in a point.

Punch and Punches will be considered separate predictions, but kick/s, knee/s and elbow/s will be considered the same prediction.

Picking the correct fighter to win gets 5 points per correct winner. IE. Lawler wins = 5 points

An additional 3 points are available if you pick a KO, the method of victory, and the round it happens in correctly. Each one of these categories will be worth 1 point each. IE. Prediction is Lawler by KO, 1st round, punches, and the real result is Lawler by KO 2nd round, punches, would win an additional 2 points.

If you picked a decision then you get 1 point for every correct judges scorecard. IE. prediction is Lawler wins by unanimous decision 50-45, 50-45, 50-45, and the real scorecards are 50-45, 50-45, and 49-46, would win an additional 2 points.

If you change your picks before the event please edit your post to update your picks. If you are unable to edit your posts, because the period for editing has expired, or you have a restricted access account(you numpty), then make any changes in a new post where you quote the original picks - please only do this if you are unable to edit, as it adds extra work when tallying up the scores.

Do not edit your posts once the event has started. Picks are finalized once the event starts and no changes may be made. If you do edit your post after the fights have started you will receive 0 points for that event.

If two brothers are on the same card, please specify which one you are picking, or you will get 0 points for that pick.

Next Event is UFC 197.

Last edited:
M

member 3289

Jones KO R1 (Elbows)
Johnson UD (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)
A. Pettis KO R1 (kick)
Whittaker TKO R2 (punches)

Last edited by a moderator:
M

member 3289

You understand it is, as written, in the Sherdog Fight Finder. It will have to say 'Hellbows'.
I'll wait until Tuesday (when my normal posting privileges are restored) to edit it then. Thanks

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Jones TKO R2 (Punches)

DJ UD (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)

Pettis SUB R2 (Armbar)

Rodriguez UD (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Champ's picks:

Jones sub rd 3 (RNC)
mighty mouse ud (49-46 x3)
Whittaker tko rd1 (punches)
Esparza decision (30-27 x3)

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Jones TKO R2 (GNP)

DJ UD (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)

Pettis SUB R2 (Armbar)

Rodriguez UD (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
I don't believe GNP is ever used in the Sherdog Fight Finder. I believe they try to stick to the type of weapon used. I.E. Punch/es, Elbow/s, Kick/s, Knee/s.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Occasionally, Sherdog Fight Finder will list two weapons used for a TKO. I.E. Punches and Kick. In those situations either Punches or Kick will result in a point.

This is the way I'm leaning on this situation. However, I'm willing to change it if most people want it another way. Let me know in this thread.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

This is the way I'm leaning on this situation. However, I'm willing to change it if most people want it another way. Let me know in this thread.
i dont really like the idea of having to pick what technique is used to win the fight but this makes it a bit better. i was worried they would list it as punches/elbows or something and lose a point

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
i dont really like the idea of having to pick what technique is used to win the fight but this makes it a bit better. i was worried they would list it as punches/elbows or something and lose a point
I know you don't like it, but I wanted to make it more equivalent to picking a judges decision. Which was a much more reliable way to make points in the first season. I would guesstimate that the number of points won by judges decisions to KO or sub picks would be 2-1, or more. Hopefully this way, with people getting points for correctly predicting the KO or sub, round, and method, the difference won't be so pronounced.

Last edited:

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I will also take a mini-vote before the first event starts on whether someone should get a point if they say Knee, for example, but it is written Knees in the Sherdog Fight Finder. I am leaning yes, but am interested in opinions.

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
Jones TKO 1st punches
Mighty Mouse UD 50-45 48-47 49-46
Lima TKO Punches 2nd round
Lee SD 29-28 27-30

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Hester 1st RD KO (punches)
Esparza UD (30-27)
Rodriguez 2nd Rd KO (knee)
Jones 1st Rd KO (kick)

M

member 3289

I will also take a mini-vote before the first event starts on whether someone should get a point if they say Knee, for example, but it is written Knees in the Sherdog Fight Finder. I am leaning yes, but am interested in opinions.
No, imo. Calling a KO by "punches" is a lot different than calling a KO by "punch"

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
As its a prediction, I'd say yes..it's hard enough to predict and get right a knee KO...doesn't matter if there's a few extra in there :p

This would allow for "punches" to be used in practically every case though, in which case we could make that an exception...since punches usually ends up meaning a TKO, usually by gnp. Most of us will be watching the fight anyway, I'd assume, so we could make the distinction if a fight is finished standing (TKO by punches against the fence, KO by punch etc) or on the floor (ref stoppage gnp etc). I don't mind whatever you decide either way..just trying to figure out a way to nerf the "punches" pick a bit

Ghost Bro

Nov 13, 2015
Rodriguez UD (30-27) x3
Sergio Pettis UD (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
Jones TKO rnd 4 (Elbows)
Whittaker KO rnd 1 (punches)

Last edited:

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
As its a prediction, I'd say yes..it's hard enough to predict and get right a knee KO...doesn't matter if there's a few extra in there :p

This would allow for "punches" to be used in practically every case though, in which case we could make that an exception...since punches usually ends up meaning a TKO, usually by gnp. Most of us will be watching the fight anyway, I'd assume, so we could make the distinction if a fight is finished standing (TKO by punches against the fence, KO by punch etc) or on the floor (ref stoppage gnp etc). I don't mind whatever you decide either way..just trying to figure out a way to nerf the "punches" pick a bit
Maybe separating it for punches and punch, but allowing knee/s, kick/s, Elbow/s. I'll make the final decision by the end of Wednesday, so, speak up if you have a preference.

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
Jones Sub RD2 (RNC)
Whittaker KO RD1 (Punches)
A.Pettis KO RD1 (Headkick and Punches)
Might Mouse UD (50-45x3)

Last edited:

Ghost Bro

Nov 13, 2015
Jones Sub RD2 (RNC)
Whittaker KO RD1 (Punches)
Pettis KO RD1 (Headkick and Punches)
Might Mouse UD (50-45x3)
If both Pettis bros get a rnd1 head kick and punches ko we might as well skip this whole season :D

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Sergio and Antony are on the same card. Please specify which one you are picking.