Sports Official All Things Golf Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
Baseball isn’t a sport?? And are we talking amateur or professional? I think you’ve been sippin on some syrup lol
no, baseball is a sport. Boring, for fat people, but still a sport. Golf is a game like chess and poker

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
no, baseball is a sport. Boring, for fat people, but still a sport. Golf is a game like chess and poker
But you asked if you could drink and smoke, correct? I could absolutely play baseball that way. It would honestly be way more interesting that way.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
if you can drink and smoke while playing its not a sport
So don’t confuse casual weekend golf with golf at a professional level. Pros have a 40+ week schedule that includes practice rounds and a 2-4 day tournament (4 if they make the cut). This is all while walking 4000+ yards/round and swinging a club with full rotational torque most of the time. They then pack up and head to the next course and start all over with practice rounds, range time, working out, etc. Very much a sport at the professional level.

there’s a reason one of the best to ever do it is almost cripple at 44.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
So don’t confuse casual weekend golf with golf at a professional level. Pros have a 40+ week schedule that includes practice rounds and a 2-4 day tournament (4 if they make the cut). This is all while walking 4000+ yards/round and swinging a club with full rotational torque most of the time. They then pack up and head to the next course and start all over with practice rounds, range time, working out, etc. Very much a sport at the professional level.
I thought he was trolling but if not mf’ing THIS

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
yeah, no, it aint a sport. Just because you do it often doesnt mean its a sport just because you are good at it. Even best at it. Doesnt matter. You need to have cardio for sports, not just being able to rotate yourself 75 degrees

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Was going to take off work and head out for the first time this year on Thursday.

Weather forecast: Non stop rain.

Sucks.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Was going to take off work and head out for the first time this year on Thursday.

Weather forecast: Non stop rain.

Sucks.
We’ve managed to have a few good weekends of weather and have been going. We had the company tournament canceled last weekend. The guys I play with are in an association and they use a modified Stableford system to speed up games. My partner for the tournament and I obliterated the average score for their tournaments. We’re thinking about joining now lol

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
yeah, no, it aint a sport. Just because you do it often doesnt mean its a sport just because you are good at it. Even best at it. Doesnt matter. You need to have cardio for sports, not just being able to rotate yourself 75 degrees
I agree. By their definition yoga is a sport.
Golf is a game where you get more exercise than darts.

Le Chat Noir
©

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
So curious as to what defines a “sport” to you guys then?

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
We’ve managed to have a few good weekends of weather and have been going. We had the company tournament canceled last weekend. The guys I play with are in an association and they use a modified Stableford system to speed up games. My partner for the tournament and I obliterated the average score for their tournaments. We’re thinking about joining now lol
Played today. Great weather but the golf was frustrating. 85 bc of my short game mostly. That’s the one part of my game that’s not like riding a bike lol.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Played today. Great weather but the golf was frustrating. 85 bc of my short game mostly. That’s the one part of my game that’s not like riding a bike lol.
Me and the bosses are all leaving work early tomorrow to get in a round before they corona all of us lol

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Notice

Exactly lol. That’s why I got out there today. Crazy times.
They’ve already closed all four of our city courses. We have to go about 30 minutes away to a small town now.

Animal Chin

Oct 29, 2015
Unbelievable. It’s a matter of time here as well.
My friend went to New York last week and was advised to quarantine himself at his ranch. I told him I couldn't think of a better place to be. He's playing golf, fishing and shooting a bunch of guns

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
My friend went to New York last week and was advised to quarantine himself at his ranch. I told him I couldn't think of a better place to be. He's playing golf, fishing and shooting a bunch of guns
Haha yeah that’s about as good as you could ask for. He need a quarantine buddy???

Animal Chin

Oct 29, 2015
Haha yeah that’s about as good as you could ask for. He need a quarantine buddy???
I fucked that up. I should've told him I was coming down while he was gone and bringing a friend.

Your short game would be a hell of a lot better after a few weeks there