Sports Official All Things Golf Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
I fucked that up. I should've told him I was coming down while he was gone and bringing a friend.

Your short game would be a hell of a lot better after a few weeks there
It would easily save me 7 strokes a round. It’s bad. It’s like a second basemen that can’t throw to first. Head case lol

Animal Chin

Oct 29, 2015
It would easily save me 7 strokes a round. It’s bad. It’s like a second basemen that can’t throw to first. Head case lol
It's just something you really have to spend a lot of time doing.

There are so many different shots around the green and you really have to put in work to make sure you trust it when you need it.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015

There are so many different shots around the green and you really have to put in work to make sure you trust it when you need it.
My putting was off at the end of last year and a few weeks into this year. The last few outings has seen a dramatic increase in putts made from 5ft and out. Last weekend I had three from 10+ft. My short game ball contact has improved a lot as well, I just need to work on lining up my shot at the green. I have the correct distance, but I’m usually just slightly off line, which most often puts me chipping from just off the green.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020

Yeah I just don’t have the time these days with two little ones. What’s frustrating is it used to be something that I was very consistent with. I worked at it but no more than any other part of my game. It’s all mental. If I go out and get a good buzz going I’ll chip 95% better lol.

Animal Chin

Oct 29, 2015
The Daly 30 for 30 was on yesterday. It was good but they could've done more. Barely even mentioned the Buick open win and didn't even talk about the WGC when he missed the 2 footer on the 2nd playoff hole against tiger.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Did anyone watch “The Match” yesterday? Tiger & Manning versus Phil & Brady. Thought the format was awesome and hope they make it an annual event. No crowd, no caddies...just this four playing best ball for 9 holes, and alternating shot for 9 holes. Mic’d up in separate carts. It was awesome to hear the trash talk and banter between the guys, and Brady & Manning actually played some quality golf too. A lot of fun to watch.

M

member 3289

Did anyone watch “The Match” yesterday? Tiger & Manning versus Phil & Brady. Thought the format was awesome and hope they make it an annual event. No crowd, no caddies...just this four playing best ball for 9 holes, and alternating shot for 9 holes. Mic’d up in separate carts. It was awesome to hear the trash talk and banter between the guys, and Brady & Manning actually played some quality golf too. A lot of fun to watch.
I watched the highlights and wow it was incredible

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Caught some highlights and Brady saying something about trying to win Super Bowls and draining an approach shot.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Finally getting back on a course. Headed to Springfield, LA to play Carter Plantation. Got the bag packed and the clubs cleaned and now I can’t sleep.

Animal Chin

Oct 29, 2015
Finally have some golf this week.

I hope Stricker misses every green so he can show off his short game.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Played three times this year. 84, 86, and 91. Shot the 91 today. Played a horrible front nine (51), and a pretty good back nine (40). Frustrating.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Well it looks like I royally shit the bed today.
How to blow a 5 shot lead...

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
FYI - 4 way tie at 13 under.
Koepka, Cantlay, Shauffele, Theegala

3 to 4 holes left for the leaders. Dis gonna get good.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Reminder...
This is the weekend for Waste Management Open.

Specifically...The Greatest Show on Grass
Hole 16.

The opening rounds have been awesome, but the weekend really kicks up the debauchery.
Even if you don't give a fuck about golf - it's a good watch.