General Our world was turned upside down today

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
We found our 21 yr old daughter passed away in her apartment bathroom this morning. Don’t know what happened yet but we are devastated. Today has been a blur. My wife and I are cried out and our 16 yr is worried about her mom and dad.

She texted her mom yesterday morning saying she had thrown up a couple of times and didn’t feel well. My wife called me and asked me to check on her. I texted her and asked if she felt okay. She said no. I said do you need my help? She asked if I could bring some fruit and a drink up her apartment. I said sure. got there with it about 45 min later. She asked me to bring it up to her because she “Couldn’t walk down the stairs to meet me”. I’m another text, she said that she wasn’t dressed and her apartment was a mess. I get there and she comes to the door with a t-shirt on, panties and a big blanket wrapped around her. She gave me a hug and told me thanks for bringing her stuff. For some reason, I felt uneasy and went into her apartment. She sat down on her bed with the fruit and drink, and I asked her if she was hungover. She said no. I asked if she needed to go to the immediate care. She hesitantly said no. I asked if she was sure. I would take her to the ER if she wanted. She said no that’s okay. So I said okay, text us if you need anything...love ya kid. And left.

Here’s what I’m really struggling with. She sent me two texts while I was driving to her apartment that I didn’t see. They said “I’m so scared” and “I’ve been throwing up and I have no energy”. When I got the complex, I just pulled our conversation up and said I’ll be there in 2 minutes. I didn’t see those texts, as I thought they were part of the previous exchange If I would have saw them, i would have pressed her harder to go to the ER with me. I can’t stop thinking about it.

Peyton was a beautiful young woman with a heart of gold. She was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes at age 8, and low vision at age 13. All she ever wanted was to feel normal. Able to eat like everyone else, not wear biopic lenses while driving. Life was a constant struggle because of her health issues, but it never stopped her from doing everything she could to be normal. She cheered for her high school and college, and she was inspiring.

Its amazing how you can analyze 17 yrs of parenting in 11 hours. The things we didn’t do, wouldn’t allow her to do, said when we shouldn’t have, pushed her to do when maybe she wasn’t capable, expectations I personally had that were probably unreasonable, things we didn’t buy her, ways we maybe didn’t support her when she needed it, apologies that should have been made and weren’t.

It’s a guilt that will be with me until the day that I leave this earth. Hug your kids tonight everyone and tell them you love them.

Peyton Renee 10/7/98 - 5/25/20

Until we meet again baby girl. I love you more than you know.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ah man I'm so sorry for you, wild. I hope you are okay, I couldn't begin to understand what you are facing.

Lots of love, take care.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Holy shit. All my love to you, your wife, and Peyton, God rest her soul. My heart is broken for you. I’m so so so sorry. God bless.

M

member 3289

Jesus christ man I am so, so sorry. No parent should ever have to go through what you're going through

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
That is heavy. So so sorry to hear this. Dealing with a loved one passing away is horrible, but at such a young age it makes it that much more of a tragedy. My condolences to you and your family.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
So sorry to hear this Wild. Not your fault man.

At a loss for words but you and yours are in our thoughts and prayers.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Damn Bro
stay strong
If you feel like you want to vent to someone outside of you personal circle dont hesitate to call.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I can't find the original post, but it wasn't too long ago. It was a bit lengthy, but it really drove home your family structure and made me think "shit, he's got it all figured out."

It was about you, and your wife allowing your children to use your place as a hangout so you didn't have to fear about their whereabouts and what they may be up to.

You discussed how it kinda brought you closer, and it really seemed like you had a candid relationship with your children.
That post really said a lot to me about yourself.

I don't know what you're going through right now, but I know you are a good father. I hope you know this.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
awww shit. shit shit shit.
Sorry man!!

They said “I’m so scared” and “I’ve been throwing up and I have no energy”. When I got the complex, I just pulled our conversation up and said I’ll be there in 2 minutes. I didn’t see those texts, as I thought they were part of the previous exchange If I would have saw them, i would have pressed her harder to go to the ER with me. I can’t stop thinking about it.
I know this means nothing here from me, you're gonna do that anyways. That's okay. We all would. But at least let me say it... dude, you couldn't have possibly expected/known that. You can't be sure that would have done anything. She called for you, you arrived. Don't carry that extra weight there broham.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Thank you everyone. We don’t know what to do. We don’t know why or how this happened. All we feel like is, we let her down...especially me. Her mom called me after I left her apartment and asked how she was doing. My answer was, seems hungover to me. I didn’t text her when I got home to check on her, because I thought I would talk to her today. They seem to think she passed away less than two hour after I left her. I could have saved her life if I pressed her more, or told her mom it may be a good idea if she checks on her. I didn’t do those things and I’m gonna have to live with that. Her mom did speak to her after I left and her words were “this smoothie dad brought me is magical” and “I’m feeling a little better. I just don’t know what happened to cause a vibrant 21 yr old girl to suddenly pass without warning is that she was sicker than we thought. I don’t think it’s something we will ever get over.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
My god, Wild. I am so sorry to read this news about your daughter. You and your family are in my thoughts, and I am heartbroken for y’all.

We all love you brotha, and any of us will be here for you if you need anything.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Holy shit, brother!

I can't even imagine the emotions you're feeling right now. That's so damned sad and tragic.

If there's anything that I can do for you please let me know. Truly.

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
Sorry can't sum this up

I'm stunned and in tears....My daughter is the same age.

I'm lost for words....I'll sum the courage up when I can and message you mate.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
awww shit. shit shit shit.
Sorry man!!

I know this means nothing here from me, you're gonna do that anyways. That's okay. We all would. But at least let me say it... dude, you couldn't have possibly expected/known that. You can't be sure that would have done anything. She called for you, you arrived. Don't carry that extra weight there broham.
Thank you man. Those words mean a lot. Unfortunately it’s a guilt that I’m afraid will never leave me.