General Our world was turned upside down today

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
RIP to your daughter man. Just awful to read. You're a really good dude. I hope you and your family can find peace.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We found our 21 yr old daughter passed away in her apartment bathroom this morning. Don’t know what happened yet but we are devastated. Today has been a blur. My wife and I are cried out and our 16 yr is worried about her mom and dad.

She texted her mom yesterday morning saying she had thrown up a couple of times and didn’t feel well. My wife called me and asked me to check on her. I texted her and asked if she felt okay. She said no. I said do you need my help? She asked if I could bring some fruit and a drink up her apartment. I said sure. got there with it about 45 min later. She asked me to bring it up to her because she “Couldn’t walk down the stairs to meet me”. I’m another text, she said that she wasn’t dressed and her apartment was a mess. I get there and she comes to the door with a t-shirt on, panties and a big blanket wrapped around her. She gave me a hug and told me thanks for bringing her stuff. For some reason, I felt uneasy and went into her apartment. She sat down on her bed with the fruit and drink, and I asked her if she was hungover. She said no. I asked if she needed to go to the immediate care. She hesitantly said no. I asked if she was sure. I would take her to the ER if she wanted. She said no that’s okay. So I said okay, text us if you need anything...love ya kid. And left.

Here’s what I’m really struggling with. She sent me two texts while I was driving to her apartment that I didn’t see. They said “I’m so scared” and “I’ve been throwing up and I have no energy”. When I got the complex, I just pulled our conversation up and said I’ll be there in 2 minutes. I didn’t see those texts, as I thought they were part of the previous exchange If I would have saw them, i would have pressed her harder to go to the ER with me. I can’t stop thinking about it.

Peyton was a beautiful young woman with a heart of gold. She was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes at age 8, and low vision at age 13. All she ever wanted was to feel normal. Able to eat like everyone else, not wear biopic lenses while driving. Life was a constant struggle because of her health issues, but it never stopped her from doing everything she could to be normal. She cheered for her high school and college, and she was inspiring.

Its amazing how you can analyze 17 yrs of parenting in 11 hours. The things we didn’t do, wouldn’t allow her to do, said when we shouldn’t have, pushed her to do when maybe she wasn’t capable, expectations I personally had that were probably unreasonable, things we didn’t buy her, ways we maybe didn’t support her when she needed it, apologies that should have been made and weren’t.

It’s a guilt that will be with me until the day that I leave this earth. Hug your kids tonight everyone and tell them you love them.

Peyton Renee 10/7/98 - 5/25/20

Until we meet again baby girl. I love you more than you know.

I'm so sorry for your loss, i really don't know what to tell you.
My thoughts are with you and your family.